Spider-Man 2 is the best superhero movie of all time

Spider-Man 2 is the best superhero movie of all time.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z9-fhQvYMwo
youtube.com/watch?v=8K4kPEBjiZs
youtube.com/watch?v=czTksCF6X8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=e9vrfEoc8_g
youtube.com/watch?v=kRZAk2rfESU
youtube.com/watch?v=6qcJS_e2_hY
youtube.com/watch?v=mMrwjA82XIQ
youtube.com/watch?v=I-qMBS1frkM
youtube.com/watch?v=E0w1W5RGx9Q
youtube.com/watch?v=Bnh2AplyKi4
youtube.com/watch?v=SJ5Irvc4Je8
youtube.com/watch?v=UsmTWdPnQ0s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It gets better an better with all the shitty news coming out of Homecoming.

I wish the studio let Raimi do what he wanted for SM3 instead of shoving Venom in there

Fuck, you're right. Why are you right?

>best superhero movie of all time.

I thought it was The Dark Knight Rises

Lego Batman

>Dark Knight Rises

>Not Dark Knight

This is not a superhero board

This belongs on

Is one of the few superhero movies with real action on it

Raimi Spiderman and the original Superman movies are the only hero movies with heart.

youtube.com/watch?v=z9-fhQvYMwo

Not it isn't.

It's a meme, you dip.

Why can't movies have colorful costume any more

Fucking DC, fucking Marvel

>Villain with a real backstory
>Big action scenes that aren't just people punching each other
>That part where the citizens in the train stand up for him

False

The Crow
then Logan

absolutely 100% correct

>Not recognizing a banepost
Holy fuck

Because MUH REALISM. Also, Marvel and DC are ashamed of their source material. That is why no one can beat raimi

youtube.com/watch?v=8K4kPEBjiZs

Well, these are not traditional heroes

This movie had tremendous heart.

i guess this is as good a place as any to query but Doc Ock in both the comics and the movie is not a super human. he's a dude who is really smart and had some tentacles fused to him through whatever. that's all, right?

so...how come one of Pete's punches doesn't just knock him out cold?

Not even close. People seriously need to removed the nostalgia goggles.

Presumably because Peter holds back and is usually trying to corner him and not kill him. He also wears some armor in the comics iirc, but its kind of a plot hole

>Poetry
>Aunt May is that an angel
>I put highly sophisticated and potentially malicious AI in my cybernetic arms because why the fuck not
>Eat your green vegetables, kids!

Pullingpunches.meme

>Well, these are not traditional heroes
>wolverine

the backflips you people do to justify your shit is astounding!

He never wore yellow in 17 years.

get the fuck out of here "traditional".

Only resemblance he bore to the comics was the claws and healing factor.

Maybe, but Spiderman 2 game was the best superhero game.

youtube.com/watch?v=czTksCF6X8Y

Just like a comic

From the silver age.

Oh no, Doctor Connor's class. I got so caught up in what I was doing I forgot all about it!

Best age.

Peter is such a manchild in the Raimi films that it honestly boggles me how people can claim to be unable to take a teenage Spider-Man seriously. And yet you can take an adult who has the mental maturity and general thought process of an awkward thirteen-year-old seriously?

>not muh wolverine
He's a much wolverine as any of the Spider-Man's and the Batman's in their respective movies. Why do people get so autistic about him not wearing the suit?

>take a teenage Spider-Man seriously
>seriously
Here is your problem

He was autistic about the suit in Logan. He was autistic about anything comic related because muh realism

It's just that this is a common argument I see against teen Spider-Man, yet Raimi's Spider-Man really wasn't any better.

yet it still isnt a good spiderman movie

No, that's this

I actually likelike avengers 1 the most

I'm beginning to believe

Anybody have this without the text?

You can tell Raimi was a massive comic fan through the first two films.

You can also tell that he's really, really old and doesn't understand Peter's character in the slightest. Or Doc Ock's.

No. The Dark Knight and Logan are.

Nah. The fact they changed the processors into batteries ruins it.

Yeah he made them human and not stupid cliches from a comic book that can't even keep itself consistent, ergo Superior Spiderman arc.

How is turning Peter into an awkward manchild any better?

Not only does it have colorful costumes but also very different kinf of humour from current superhero movies

user, Raimi's characters are stupid cliches, that is why they are great

Realism. It's a better character than being a quipping little twink which is what spidey is unless you delve deep down into the shitty comics.

The first two Raimi films and definitely the best super hero movies and they aren't totally ashamed of source material. Even three isn't that bad if you focus on the Sandman and Harry plot. Even "emo" Peter is actually kinda funny if you just accept it as what it is, I dunno I had a huge grin re watching that stuff at least instead of getting butthurt about it.

Homecoming looks like such a huge disappointment in every way, I've never liked Tom Holland and any point he's whiney and pathetic looking in a way that seems annoying and punchable instead of endearing and underdog rooting. Everything with RDJ is annoying and I hope he's killed in Infinity War I'm sick of him guzzling down Marvels budget and sticking his cock into everything they make at this point.

My favorie is The Dark Knight, and unironically Batman v Superman, mostly for the action scenes, which i loved, it only needed a better script.

Yes. It had the heart, genuineness, and sense of fun of Donner's Superman only with the special effects and action to pull off a capeshit classic.

Toby Maguire is no Chris Reeve though.

What about '89 Batman? It gave us a live action Gotham City and the music for it is amazing.

>tfw there hasn't been music as memorable as Raimi's Spider-Man, Burton's Batman, and Donner's Superman

youtube.com/watch?v=e9vrfEoc8_g

youtube.com/watch?v=kRZAk2rfESU

youtube.com/watch?v=6qcJS_e2_hY

>music as memorable
This really bothers me about the MCU. There is not memorable music at all. Without music, the movies feel soulless

I don't think anything will ever beat it, nothing has the heart this movie had. I just watched it yesterday and saying it holds up is an understatement.

Very true, the last memorable soundtrack in a superhero movie was probably The Dark Knight

It's legitimately one of my favorite movies ever. That train scene sticks with you man.

It's my actual favorite movie ever, but sometimes if I feel kinda embarrassed I'll say it's Shawshank Redemption.

But really, Spiderman 2 and Princess Bride are the actual best movies ever, I love my camp

In Ock's 1st or 2nd comic appearance, Peter did knock him out in one punch. And usually their battles in the comic don't involve Peter actually hitting Ock with his fist, until the end.

The movie doesn't really have an excuse what with Spider-Man landing a bunch of blows on Ock without much effect.

>muh color

Hulk 2003 was a real comicbook movie too.

youtube.com/watch?v=mMrwjA82XIQ

jesus fucking christ, this shit makes green lanterns cgi look good

>not posting the scene that made it great

youtube.com/watch?v=I-qMBS1frkM

Man, I keep forgetting how good that theme was. Even the Lou Ferrigno Hulk had a bit of heart to it.

youtube.com/watch?v=E0w1W5RGx9Q

I legitimately love the destruction scene in the opening, and all of Batfleck's action scenes. I just hate everything in between.

That was amusing and touching at the same time. I remember laughing pretty hard when I first saw that. They also played the original theme in the ending credits of the first film iirc.

The action (what little there was) in BvS was solid and the real gem Snyder got right. Would've seriously been a great film had he delved more into that and less with thematic-pondering and nu-Luthor.

Or better yet, just wish that action was in an already-awesome trilogy like Nolan's.

What news, user?

You are completely right. Though I'd say "best live-action" since I think Incredibles is better written. But only a tiny bit. :)

You and Op are both retarded.

So the bar is still really low then.

Which one do you think is better? And why?

>The dude who got his uncle killed out of laziness isn't a manchild

Hulk 2003 wasn't even a real movie.

The final scene is still one of my favorite scenes in a cape film. Peter and MJ finally get together and have their first kiss as a couple until they're interrupted by a siren. She drops the Go Get em tiger line and he goes swinging off elated because the woman that he loves loves him back and chose him* and goes off to save the day as she looks on from the window, pensive and wondering what the hell she got herself into and what's in store for them.

*I did feel bad for JJJ jr. though.

>Tell her not to open the caviar

IF I FLIP THE PIZZAS MR AZIZ WILL FLIP OUT

>Not liking 2003 Hulk
This single scene is better than the whole MCU
youtube.com/watch?v=Bnh2AplyKi4

GET THIS NEWFAG OUTTA HERE

Captain America: The First Avenger is.

That whole scene was so well done too. I felt for the guy and the way that J.K. delivered that line and the way his wife looked at him made me feel terrible for him.

I did like that they included that scene too because even though MJ and Peter got together, someone else got hurt in the process.

SM2's greatest strength is that is feels genuine. It's cheesy and cartoony as fuck but it pulls it off so well.

Good choice user, the ending is one of my favorites. meanwhile in the MCU we'll never get an ending like this because they have to remind us about the 8 upcoming movies with all their mid/post-credits scenes.

Also, this
youtube.com/watch?v=SJ5Irvc4Je8

>there will never be another comic book movie opening this good

kill me now

Generic villain, ridiculous superscience not even requiring a night's sleep to take effect, clumsy romance - it's got some incredibly effective things going for it (mostly Chris Evans's performance and the writing for Cap when he's not in the romantic scenes), but it's not a terribly good movie, user.

I wouldent classify anyone in this movie as a "hero"

official cape kino list
Raimi Spiderman 1/2
Superman (1978)
Logan
Iron Man
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Captain America the First Avenger and Winter Soldier
Batman (1989)

Did I miss anything?

And only one of them is even technically "super", maybe two if smartest-dude-ever counts.

>THE HEART user
>FIRST WE MUST CAPTURE HIS HEART

Those movies still hold up so well because holy shit Rami's gonzo cinematography and camerawork fit Spidey like a glove on a hand. There behind the scenes stuff talks about all the shit they had to invent to make those swooping vertigo web-swinging shots, and I don't think anyone could have come up with that literally high-flying camerawork but Raimi.

Any movie Raimi directs just OOZES his personal style. His Spider-man films had such a strong sense of identity, but all the modern Marvel films have a really bland "house style." People can love or hate DC's house style but at least it's eliciting some kind of opinion. Marvel, you just look at it and say...welp, yea, that's a competently shot movie I guess.

Batman '66.

I'm not joking. I actually adore the production design of the whole movie and show, and that's just one thing I love about it.

lol

fuck you that movie was greate

youtube.com/watch?v=UsmTWdPnQ0s

Winter Soldier has the only theme I consistently remember from the MCU movies and the end credits sequence is amazing. Still feel like I was robbed of a true Captain America 3.

>the entire opening sequence is a recap of the first movie
>Danny Elfman music

The first Avengers movie is still really great and still the best execution of a big team up.

i absolutely love the first avengers movie and civil war

It's an alright action flick for me. The problem with it is that it has the The Force Awakens syndrome, where once the shine and the inititial excitement and fun factor of the movie wears off, there's nothing to chew on. The plot is barebones, the characters are drawn in loose brushstrokes and the action is pretty by the numbers. If there weren't four movies preceeding Avengers, the movie wouldn't work at all.

I unironically prefer Age of Ultron, because Whedon at least tried to do an actual character examination there and to move them forward instead of just doing a capstone to Phase 2. The movie had more of a substance to make it stand on its own. Of course, he also wanted all of Avengers 1's action and fun on steroids and you've had Marvel muscling in with their worldbuilding and the movie ended up being way overblown. But in the moments where you really see what Whedon was going for (the dream scenes, the farm and the party, Wanda), the movie really shines.

I'd still prefer Whedon over Russos on Infinity War. Russos will make a competent, enjoyable movie, but it'll be so plain. I'd prefer a messy, flawed movie with a bit of heart and something to say over a piece of craft.

I miss cape films having opening sequences, I mean there was one in a recent cape film that I enjoyed but I'm not going to open that can of worms right now.

X-Men 2 and DOFP.

No. The Dark Knight is head and shoulders above this. I'd say Winter Soldier, Iron Man, and Guardians of the Galaxy too. If we're counting animated, Incredibles, Return of the Joker, Mask of the Phantasm as well.

I still unironically believe this too.