You now remember there is a sequel to 2001: A Space Odyssey

you now remember there is a sequel to 2001: A Space Odyssey

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AXynF2RQJPs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes, and contrary to 2001 it's an actual movie, not an autistic circlejerk on celluloid

I never knew this.. interdasting

Is it as bad as the first?

There is a guy on youtube. Maybe you don't know him, he rarely ever gets mentioned on Sup Forums.
He goes by the name of "Rob Ager" (i think) or Robert Ager. Anyway, he is by far the best film analyst on youtube and he basically knows Kubrick like the back of his hand. He had done some extensive research on 2001 and i highly suggest you to watch Ager's take on it before you call it a "circlejerk". Maybe you just don't understand its depth.

Ager will help you see what that film truely meant and he'll help you, guide you through the hows, whats, and whens. He's a very smart guy so give him a chance.
Here you go:
youtube.com/watch?v=AXynF2RQJPs

falseflag Ager user just stop.
did Ager rumble you on something once, or do you know him personally and find mocking him funny?

can t waiot for 4001 and squact for oddseth

the last part of the whole story is actualy called 3001: The Final Odyssey

WHJT ABOUT 4001!
WHERES MY 4THAOSND ASONER

i remember liking it even if it lacked some mystery

I watched it. It sucked.

The makers of the film wanted to make it more "relatable" at the time, so hey added unneeded cold war tensions between the US and Soviet astronauts.

There's a fan-edit available on TBP where most of this is cut out. It's hilarious to watch, as the American actor is getting all riled up and his emotions darting all over the place, when he is talking to the Russians

shoo Rob, go complain about Sup Forums on facebook more.

Good movie.

I hope Rob Ager becomes a meme

>2010 a sequel to 2001
Sorry user but Clockwork Orange is already the sequel to 2001: ASO.

how is it the squal dawg?

Both 2001 & ASO takes place in the same universe, they use the same technology and furniture and according to what hobo was saying: "Men on the moon, and men spinning around the earth"

dawg thats some grimey connection
b come on

zit down your black ass down nigga and chill, it's a zolllid evidence for them to be zequels

We have to go deeper

and a damn good one at that

Reddit really has taken over.

I actually kinda liked 2010. More typical sci-fi stuff, but all handled well and some really great sequences.

It's actually good, though. Came a little early, so people gave it bad reviews, but it's compelling and captivating film.

What an ass hat. Does he know film exists in countries other than America?

I actually prefer it to 2001

Fuck off Rob
It takes more than one person to make something a meme

Who the fuck wants to watch movies not in english

A faithful adaptation of 3001 would be freaking ridiculous.

Yeah but one of 2061 would be legit good. It would wrap up the trilogy perfectly

After all these years I finally watched it a couple months ago, and thought it wasn’t half bad. Once you get over the fact that this isn’t near the significance of 2001, it’s a well made space thriller with some good performances and great special effects. Would recommend.

"Something wonderful"

are these worth reading?

Someone who appreciates film, you imbecile.

That scene gave me chills desu

i was anony mous fagOP

2001 the movie & the book were written together actually (kubrick & clarke were friends)

in the book they go to saturn instead of jupiter (kubrick couldn't get saturn's rings to look right so he changed it for the film)

the movie shows you the story, the book tells you the story

you can think of it as a companion piece if you want. i'd give it a read -- it's not very long -- and then watch the film again.

this guy gets it

I'd say the biggest upside of the book is that it gets into HAL's thinking a bit more. His freakout makes more sense when you get into his POV and thoughts.

>Someone who appreciates film
The only films worth watching are in english, you pretentious nigger.

>the soundtrack to 2001 is clearly visible in the record store
Try again numbnuts.

Yes.

>Farts
>*Sniff*
I WATCH FOREIGN FILMS
I AM SO ENLIGHTENED

Why didn't they call it 2002?

>Comments are disabled for this video.

>haha dumb nerd u wont even post ur face

>shittier effects than the movie from 1968
What did they mean by this?

I really like this movie
>tfw no qt russian gf to cuddle in mortal terror

>3001 will never get adapted
>You will never live in a tower made of diamonds that extends to space where you fly on dinosaurs in your spare time