The Disaster Artist

I want this movie to win an Oscar so bad it makes my dick hard.

The idea of Tommy Wiseau himself going up on stage, at the Oscars, and giving a little speech in honor of.
It's a level of internal music that's almost physically painful to me.

Franco better bring Tommy as his date to the Oscars
If Franco is nominated for best actor and doesn't win, denying humanity of the most kino moment possible, I'll perish from melancholy

Fuck off reddit

shame the movie is shit to average and francos acting (both) is appalling
i wanted this to be good. i was looking forward to it.
if anything this film is an insult to tommy. its almost as though franco is bullying him with his retarded portrayal

You 100% haven't seen the movie, the entire point is to make viewers sympathize with Tommy

Literally anyone could have played tommy wiseau and people would have laughed because he's a joke of a human being to begin with.

Movie was a literal hack job and people walking out of the theater who haven't seen The Room who praise The Disaster Artist are morons who fall for cheap laughs.

It's a very funny comedy movie, one of the few to come out of America in recent times.

It's tries to be more and doesn't really work in getting there, but I can't wait to watch it again when it leaks online, it's really hilarious for long stretches of the movie.

FUCK THE OSCARS.

What the fuck they're screening it in IMAX.

That's the least conventional IMAX release since fucking Paranormal Activity 4

This is accurate

its going to be a long while before we stop seeing this image everywhere

i 100% have
franco plays him as someone with a mental disorder, and there are several scenes painting him to be a douche (malcom in the middle)
i understand youre meant to empathise with him, be he plays him as an arrogant baby who cries about being made of for being a retard
the build up to the shoot took forever
the acting as awful
dave is a worthless human with a nothing face and his height is incredibly distracting considering the real individuals theyre portraying
the whole thing was a let down, and it paints tommy as a moron. its like of mice and men with a different ending

>the whole thing was a let down
i'll always be surprised when people get excited for obviously shit movies. how could you ever be in a position to be let down?

>he plays him as an arrogant baby
>it paints tommy as a moron

but that's accurate

t. someone who didn't read the memoir this movie is based on

i'm not agreeing or disagreeing with anyone but you shouldn't need to read additional material or do extra homework to enjoy a movie

>the entire point is to make viewers sympathize with Tommy
thats what i was replying to
also no i havent read the book
i havent read 96% of the books ive seen adapted into film

Saw the movie last night. I had been looking forward to it for a long time but it wasnt that great. The material has the best potential as a comedy but Franco did not want it to be a comedy and hired people who were not comedy writers to create the script, and as a result the movie wasnt all taht funny, certainly not as funny as it could have been. Franco wanted it to be more serious and be about the relationship between tommy and gregg but that didnt feel genuine or compelling either. The movie was a bit of a missed opportunity.

That's absolutely who Tommy is though, hell they even cut out the most cuntish thing about making the movie, the guy that was originally gonna play Mark that Tommy forced off of the set so Greg could play it
Greg and Tommy were only sympathetic in that they were clueless dipshits that never stopped trying

im not saying he isnt a cunt
im saying the user who insisted we're meant to sympathise with him is a dolt

oh god shut the fuck up. were you expecting this to be a BTS of the filming of The Room?

I have read the book and you're right, but misguided.
Tommy WAS an arrogant ass, but Franco played him as retarded. And the ending is pretty much entirely fictional.

>oh god shut the fuck up. were you expecting this to be a BTS of the filming of The Room?
literally what

i was expecting it to be entertaining
not an snl skit, then a half assed retelling of the shoot, then sap as an ending

Honestly, I was pretty disappointed. The movie shouldn't have named itself after a book it pretty much takes fuck all from except a few lines. They even fucked up the best part of the book (vampire part), I guarantee Franco completely butchered what actually happened just to appease Wiseau.

>Wiseau said he approves of 99.9% of Franco's movie
>Wiseau only approved of 40% of the book

Also rather than playing Wiseau as this weird foreign guy, at times James plays him as a straight up retard which isn't as interesting as a guy who's shit at filmmaking just based on a communication barrier.

Regardless, James Franco carried the fucking movie. All the bits with Greg on his own were boring as fuck and no one really got into their parts other than James.

I'd give it a sold 6.5-7/10

>6.5-6.8

I hate doing number shit but 6 to me is like only just above meh, and this wasn't exactly a full fledged 7 to me because that's a "good" movie to me.

yeah.
so 6.5 to 6.8

Yeah along those lines

It's a shame because I wanted it to be good at least but without James Franco it would have been awful

They should have just done a straight up shot for shot remake of The Room because those were the best parts of the movie

I was disappointed at the lack of vampire car

They just pissed away the vampire line in the middle of a sentence and didn't even mention the car goddamnit

Franco pussied out massively so he wouldn't offend Tommy is my guess

reads easily dickless

Really though, do I need to watch The Room before this?

youll enjoy it more if you havent seen the room

> tfw no screenings near my town.

how was Franco's acting?
from the trailers, his Wiseau accent sounded pretty fucking bad.

Sestero is the only one who can emulate Tommy's voice.

Franco was spot on to be fair. Best thing about the movie.

Everyone else just played themselves which made the movie 100x more boring when Franco wasn't on screen

Also for some reason there's a Marvel-y after credits scene where ACTUAL Wiseau speaks to Franco doing his Wiseau impression

read the thread dummy

BOOO lies
they were all bad
seth did a decent job. probably the best acted character in the whole thing.
was there really an after credits?
fuckers

I wish they utilized Nathan Fielder, John and Joe mande like at all. But I don't see how they couldve.

>I wud like to tahnk Akademy...

>Wiseau goes up on stage
>starts cheeping
>entire crowd of fucking acclaimed stars cheep in time with him

>Greg and Tommy were only sympathetic in that they were clueless dipshits that never stopped trying
Literally me

>Hollywood hits bottom this week, not from more sex-and-revenge scandals but with premieres of I, Tonya and The Disaster Artist — the two most hateful movies I’ve seen in 2017.

>Franco both embraces and defies The Room’s “bad movie” reputation, an insufferable act of hubris not quite at the level of his Faulkner films but certainly equal to the way Interior. Leather Bar. cruelly exploited its actors’ sexual naïveté. Wiseau and Sestero are both pitied and ridiculed. Sadly, Franco’s bad taste and confusion have found a place in today’s debased film culture. The Disaster Artist is being bizarrely acclaimed, proof that the idea of art has died in Hollywood.
>This isn’t an affectionate Hollywood satire like Singin’ in the Rain or even a true meta-movie like Lars von Trier’s The Five Obstructions; instead, Franco’s descent into the pit of inanity follows the cultural self-delusion of The Blair Witch Project. If indifference to craft and quality can justify Wiseau’s antisocial self-absorption, it also reflects Franco’s own relation to film. He portrays the strange, long-haired, oddly spoken Wiseau, while his brother, actor Dave Franco, plays Sestero. Both are good actors, and their on-screen rapport is palpable, but there’s no revelation of what makes these outsiders tick as aspiring filmmakers other than their numbskull attraction to Hollywood fame. The scene of showbiz insiders enjoying Wiseau’s big-screen debacle is as false as anything in I, Tonya because it essentially celebrates decadence. Laughing at unfortunate folk is the hallmark of our despoiled culture. It demonstrates Hollywood professionals’ class-based hatred — specifically, for Americans unlike themselves.