Why the fuck did they change the ending?

Why the fuck did they change the ending?

apparently a giant space alien isn't 'suited' for cinema despite being the main antagonist of every new capeshit movie

Not at the time.

It unironically was a different time though

Because pic related.

imo the altered ending works better for the movie, the random/out-of-nowhere giant exploding alien would have required an awkward exposition dump, whereas Dr. Manhattan's reactors tie into the rest of the movie and are more easily explained, and it gives Manhattan more of a reason to leave at the end.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ in order to understand Moore...

because Snyder isn't good

would take a long time to set it up and the movie was already really long.
also an alien invasion where the invader instantly dies is kinda silly

kys namefag sage

>kys namefag sage hide filtered

Watchmen is better suited for a series.

Unfortunately now that they are going to do one, it will be about Drumpf and not at all like the comics.

>Doctor Manhattan is framed for the attacks
>Somehow commies don't blame America for this

Stupid idea

something about it not being believable enough

TO BE FAIR there was no subplot about kidnapped scientists and the artist in the movie and without that the alien would make 0 sense

he's right and you should

Yes, but somehow a man made God blowing up major cities around the world somehow made better sense.

>better suited for a series
the reddit answer for any adaption

i would just nuke the us just for the fact they made him and unleashed him on the world.

I don't think you understood what was going on during the last 15 minutes.

do you?

Because they made it better. The squid came out of fucking nowhere in the comics, whereas the film perfectly set up Manhattan to take the fall for an attack.

The problem is that Manhattan can be easily pinned together with the US if he ever attacks anyone.
Also if people in-universe thought about it for a second, it wouldn't make sense for him to just suddenly blow major cities for no reason after he already left.

He attacked America, you dipshit.

Ozy replicated part of Manhattan had it distributed in all major cities in the world activated a nuclear bomb and made it look like Manhattan did it.

Meanwhile Manhattan cries like a bitch and runs away because it was too much for him to handle.
>He didn't read the funny papers

this, watchmen (the movie) has a lot of issues, changing the squid for dr m is not one of them.

Get the fuck out

Watchmen would be better explained in a series with twelve episodes than a two hour long movie. isn't that common sense? Comicbooks should always work better in show format. not that they do right now but in theory they should

Face it, Moore is an incompetent hack that belongs in a nursing home.

They would've nuked the moment Manhattan had done anything.
We are expected to believe that they wouldn't retaliate for the actions of someone who was a direct government contractor ever since he appeared upon the world, that had personally won Vietnam and had been living his entire blue life in Government quarters, just because he went to mars.
>b-b-but they saw that NY was atttacked
Like he would wait to even get that confirmation, as soon as the report of an attack by the US came they would've launched the nukes. In the comics even Manhattan himself says that the response would've been so swift he wouldn't be able to stop all nukes.

It's a retardaded dumbed down ending that makes no sense.

There is no doubt about that, but the comic squid ending made much more sense than a faggot whiner blowing up.

It's funny, because there's times in the comic where it feels they're setting up Dr Manhattan as the frame piece as well, but I guess that's just hindsight. You'd have no way of knowing that reading it the first time.

Where fucking prove it right now or shut the fuck up

Bitch, I don't fucking remember, it's over 300 pages and very densely packed. I might even be thinking of before watchmen, which I think took some slight cues from the movie as if they almost wanted it to be set in both universes (probably to appeal to casuals that only saw the movie)

>uhh I cant....
I thought so, now shut the fuck up.

You're probably just thinking on all of the plot points Ozy had to make Manhattan move away or give up on mankind.

Snyderfags actually think it's better
funny thing is that Snyder fags actually haven't read it. they just assume that Snyder did it better

and here's why the alien threat worked better than manhattan. Adrian has zero way of knowing that Manhattan would leave earth. he did it all on faith, hoping that he could convince manhattan. but if he didn't, there was no way to stop manhattan from telling the world. whereas in the book, Manhattan would have not been involved at all. this would've worked better for Adrian because manhattan was shown to be a huge benefit to the world. why would you turn the most powerful and usefull man in the world into a scapegoat instead of having him as an ally? hack snyder is a hack

This.
The whole sidestory of pirates also wasn't included, and that was a major thing in the comics.

No, he used manhattan's powers to teleport the squid to new york in the first place, which I think some people forget.
making manhattan still partially responsible for what happens.

>The squid came out of fucking nowhere in the comics

It didn't come out of nowhere, there was actually a lot of stuff leading up to it. The problem is that it's an inherently flawed plan and everyone will be back to each others' throats once they realize no aliens are coming,

I don't remember that happening. I remember Manhattan killing the fag, doomsday happens because everyone failed to stop ozy. Then the squid just warps into place. I don't remember Manhattan doing something.

Yeah but he was trying to make Manhattan's mind confused with all the drama he had set up on him (his ex, Wally, Moloch) so he wouldn't look further into what was generating tachyons to keep him from seeing his future.
He knows he can't kill Jon so I doubt he would think to link him to the attacks in the comics, because that would've been extremely dumb, not knowing if he would actually agree with him in the end about such a massive decision.

He found a way to copy or emulate Dr M's powers during the time they worked together, but it was unstable anything that was teleported would explode on contact point

That's why a bunch of psychics infused the Squid's blast with visions of absolute horror and terrors of war and aliens that would be burned into the minds of several sensitive people. The failsafe was already there.
It's stupidly contrived but it's perfect and it will save humanity.

that's why he was hoping to exile him off-planet so he couldn't contradict that notion

Retard. Not that guy but they do start setting him up. You really didn't read it, no doubt about that

In that case, why should his existence deter them from continuing with the war?

Not him but not quite, they make a point where they said replicating Jon's teleportation has been tried before, but without Jon's intense concentration, anything you try to move would die. Which is a non-issue if you aren't concerned with it surviving.

Still no proof. Nice.

Because a scenario like Architects of Fear seems less and less plausible the more one studies geopolitik.
Do you really think Snyder is that poorly read?

Because setting up "giant alien made by kidnapped scientists and comic book artists" would've been another half hour subplot.

Basically Snyder kept pushing for it, but Dianne Nelson, head of pretty much everything DC basically vetoed it, hence the change, she also pushed for more action, which at a guess includes the Silk Spectre/Nightowl fight scene near the start and that rorsarch stuff.

it does suck because it makes a film lack a lot of the golden age satire that made the book feel so meta. Still the film did a few things better like Dan an Laurie's relationship and the OG Nite-Owl's death scene.

You know what? Changing it from a Squid to Manhatten isn't what ruins it. The change to the aftermath being a crater is what ruins it.

The original comic was for 99% of it extremely bloodless. Even when there should be blood, there rarely was. That's why this scene hit so hard, because it just shows NYC and how it's filled with bodies piled on top of each other. Just endless bodies, to really hammer home what it was Viedt did. A smoking crater can't replicate that feeling.

>also an alien invasion where the invader instantly dies is kinda silly
Not necessarily. In the graphic novel people the news are reporting that "apparently, the creature died after accidentally breaching our dimension" or something along those lines. It's enough to know that things with that kind of destructive power exist at all.

And here's another

>people would listen to dr.manhattan after he nuked a bunch of cities
LOL

anyways...it did work (in the movie). So he was right. Next time try using logic before you post, you overly emotional female

this
what's even more retarded is that snyder's watchmen is probably one of the most violent films I have ever seen for no fucking reason. Why did he go full on tarantino and then leave out the only part where the blood and gore mattered?

The movie ending is better fuckface.

Comedian to Moloch:
>I mean, you fought that big blue geek! You know what his head's like! I tellya, who knows which way he'll jump if anybody messes with him... He might... He might just...

The Hollis Mason death scene from the extended cut is BETTER than the book and you're a brainlet if you disagree.

Incorrect

see

Yeah, ok, I'll give it that.

Also here's another thing that was bloodier in the comic but for whatever reason wasn't in the film (instead focusing on the people being shot)

The ending is the same except for one detail.

From what I heard, people said at the time that it was "too soon" after 9/11 to show a camera shot of hundreds of bloody bodies in Times Square.

The movie is straight up garbage, but I actually liked a few of the minor changes. Makes me wonder if it could've been a better movie if they didn't just carbon copy page by page

eh, idk Nelson really is just THAT inept.

This is the same woman who is responsible for the cuts shit like SS and BvS got. That why anything that blames Tsujihara is bullshit as his biggest crime is simply not replacing her.

I saw the movie and then read the graphic comic. The comic was absolute garbage in comparison to the film. Zach Snyder'd best work.

too soon? this shit isn't spiderman it came out in 2009

America took forever to get over 9/11. It's arguable that it never did.

I could not agree more. Watchmen (the comic) isn't extremely violent but when it is, it's some of the most disturbing violence ever put into a comic (other than some of Moore's other work like From Hell or Miracleman). The Watchmen movie is ultraviolent yet it lacks any teeth. It's not just the ending either, the whole film has that problem.

Because we need to get together to stop fake aliens is stupid.We need to get together because blue dick is baddie now is also stupid. But it allows them to cut out all the exposition to How ozzie made an alien.

Runtime was the reason.

>ambiguous as fuck
Wow solid concrete proof. Well done.

Ozymandias is the "bad-guy" for literally bringing about world-peace. It had to be made cinema friendly.

Oh wow, now we have psychics as well. What's next? Warlocks, faeries, and necromancers?

It's a comic book with a naked blue man that can control matter.

t. Kaptainkristan

The movie was bloody from the start and thus has a completely different feel from the comics. An ayy lmao ending with lots of blood wouldn't have done jackshit.

Yeah, but he's a sci fi naked blue man who complements god in a godless world.
What jackshit does bringing fantasy into this accomplish?

I wasn't too hyped on the psychic shit either, but it's extremely effective as the plot device it is.
I mean, brain waves are real, all he did was find a way to transport specific memories created by a bunch of artists to the minds of people that were near the blast. That can be sci fi.

Because the comics ending was shit, user.

The blue penis is only seen in a few frames in the comic. Why the fuck is it so prominent in the film?

How do they pin him together with the US if he also nukes the US and all her allies?