DEFENDERS TEASER

youtube.com/watch?v=ostYFNFjhJ4&feature=youtu.be

Daredevil looks more like Iron Fist than Iron Fist.

Other urls found in this thread:

nybulletin.com/
youtu.be/F34cnCQdVto
thewingway.com/
linkedin.com/in/ward-meachum-142459133/
penguin-empire.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Matt got so self-conscious over being the only one in costume that he's not wearing it
Welp.

nybulletin.com/

Here's a teaser website.

wait so they hired Sigourney Weaver just to play a voice on an elevator?

Way to go Marvel

>Danny will NEVER EVER wear a costume
why live?

Someone got a mirror?

>not a single one is in costume

Link is down but I gotcha, OP.

youtu.be/F34cnCQdVto

Do LC and JJ have costumes?

LC's tiara is outdated as fuck and a costume doesn't seem to fit her character.

DD and IF have no excuse though.

Luke his wearing one of his Carhartt hoodies, maybe even the one Danny had earlier.

I think this was a ambush so all Matt had time for was putting on the rag and Danny is just in a suit.

>this 90's ass Coleen website
thewingway.com/

I love it

Wards LinkedIn
linkedin.com/in/ward-meachum-142459133/

needs more rotating .gifs

WHY DOES NETFLIX HATE COSTUMES SO MUCH?

I don't get it. You get the costumes in the movies, but not in the shows? Fucking CW is able to give the heroes some costumes even if they have a small budget.

budget?

But that's retarded, Netflix has a bigger budget than CW shows. Clearly the budget is not the reason.

Why are the Netflix heroes so ashamed of their suits? The CW heroes get suited up every episode.

the cw = teen dramas

netflix = mature

To be fair, Arrow was pretty ashamed about giving Ollie a proper costume for the first season, remember the ridiculous eye paint instead of an eye mask?

Why does it have to be 'ashamed'? Why can't it be just that it doesn't fit the narrative they wanna tell?

Costumes don't fit a narrative about undead ninjas and superpowered people? Come on man.

Luke's new suit is a bullet filled riddled hoodie and tight ass jeans.

What a load of horseshit.

They really should give IF some sort of costume.
I mean I cant really blame Finn Jones for doing shit choreography, the dudes not a stuntman.
IF is suppose to be the best fighter in the world and they are given an easy out with his original costume having a half mask so they can hide the stunt double easily like they did with DD.

>Oh, look, Iron Fist is wearing the bandana
>Wait, that's not Iron Fist, that's Matt

I would agree but Iron Fist is barely even a superhero in the netflix show, he saves what, a single civilian when the evidence room is being burned down? Aside from saving Joyce and other people within his immediate social circle.

Assuming they're going to continue him trying to destroy the hand and track them down and get retribution from them attacking Kun-Lun, Danny is only really about getting revenge/stopping the hand, he's not a vigilante or hero like Luke or daredevil in the MCU

fucking sucks though, but I can see why they won't give him a costume, why would he need a secret identity if he's not getting involved in superheroics? The hand already know he's iron fist, so nobody really worth hiding his identity from

Yeah, anime did it better.

penguin-empire.com/

Not when the ninja/superpowered people are being taken dead seriously instead of like campy childish bullshit you fucking faggot.

That is the best!

Sure sign of immaturity? Being deathly afraid of appearing immature. Sure sign of maturity? Not caring desperately about peer approval.

If we were supposed to take them so seriously, then they really failed. The whole Hand plot was some of the campiest shit I've seen, especially after the whole Punisher storyline.

>I would agree but Iron Fist is barely even a superhero in the netflix show, he saves what, a single civilian when the evidence room is being burned down?

he saved the world from an ultra addictive "legal" heroine epidemic and seemingly shut down bakuto's branch of the hand

>people producing a product for monetary consumption not caring for "approval"
oh, sweet summer child

Bakuto did nothing wrong, Danny was being a shitflinging child and wanted to destroy the hand

>The whole Hand plot was some of the campiest shit I've seen
Then your a fucking dumbass.

Perhaps it has nothing to with appearing anything to anyone, perhaps more mature products are simply more immersive to the viewer and have more emotional weight.

Thanks

>10 second clip of Defenders in an elevator
>Matt has a sock over his face

>WAAAAAAHHHHHH NO COSTUME REEEEEEEEEEE

You guys are fucking unbearable. There was literally filming being done like last week where people saw Matt in costume

1 clip does not equal the entire fucking season. Are some of you seriously that dense?

seriously

this is the campiest thing in netflix marveljavascript:;

Yes. Yes they are.

>Bakuto did nothing wrong
>at the very least maintained the corruptive status quo and continued with the heroin trade, tried to blood drain Coleen and got Harold to shoot a man dead for usurping the company

>August
Wow, this soon? Haven't seen IF yet but I'm hyped

Punisher is coming in the Winter.

True, but if Matt has a need to disguise his identity during that scene yet Danny doesn't, it doesn't exactly fill me with concidence that Danny will ever suit up

Do they indeed have a bigger budget? I heard somewhere that Marvel TV was really gimping the Netflix budget to push profit.

>people also viewed
>Daniel Rand-The Immortal Iron Fist at Rand International

Hi Netflix employee.

wrong.

Explain yourself.

At least I'm getting paid to do what I like.

I can accept danny acting like a whiny bitch and having his powers neutered, but if you take the costume away on top of that he's not even the iron fist anymore.

>LC's tiara is outdated as fuck and a costume doesn't seem to fit her character.
>her

The sentence got jumbled.

What I meant was:

LC's tiara is outdated, and a costume doesn't fit JJ's character.

>luke cage'd
i keked

then why does daredevil have a costume

why do the iron fists have a hereditary costume

why does luke cage wear a streetclothes costume

why do the hand wear ninja costumes (ninjas historically did not wear any costumes beyond that necessary to look like a normal person or conceal their face)

why did diamondback wear a costume

because costumes are COOL and make sense and add weight to the superheroes as larger than life ideals, even in story

but netflix wants it both ways- cool costumes without acknowledging the existence of costumes or the meta-level narrative of superhumans as being ideals, they want to turn the reason and mechanism for hiding the identity and the symbolism created by having secret identities resulting in the heroes being taken as seperate individuals greater than the secret identity and representing ideals a person cannot into simple sound and color, meaningless flash signifying nothing

creating utterly meaningless emotional action dramas

if the cw is childish netflix is goddamn infantile

off with your head

Maybe he and the others got caught and he had to improvise? It's not like he'd find a handy phonebooth in the building to change into his Daredevil costume!

Thought Matt was Danny at first glance.

Looks like they were all caught unprepared. They didn't plan on whatever is happening.

>Some random irl Joy Meachum is going to have this fake page follow her around for the rest of forever

Do you think anyone at her job has shown her this yet?

I feel like some people have a victim complex about liking comics. It's a legit complaint if they don't even try to get the costume at some point, but it shouldn't be such an offensive if they don't immediately do it or do it down to the exact replica.

>Danny offers to perm the hair of the other Defenders
>Luke Cage just glares at him

Jesus Danny you're the head of a company, put on a fucking mask

>Matt has a page for Murdock and Nelson AND Nelson and Murdock
kek

gota cover all those domains for legal purposes

I'm mad the sock is not on Danny.

>"it's because I'm white?"

so they fucked right?

Alright, so in all these series, the Hand is buying up a bunch of warehouses, apparently using the property to dig a huge tunnel underground. They're building "Midland Circle" over the top of it. Oh and there's a mad scientist who things there's a lost city, presumeably in the hole, not K'un L'un.

This is all leading somewhere. Any guesses?

dont assume lukes gender you cis piece of shit

There is an entire episode of Jessica Jones dedicated on shitting on the idea of using her Jewel costume as well distancing itself from the source material while destroying the idea of innocence lost via Purple Man encounter the original one had.

So it's a mix of both things. They want to tell whatever the fuck they want AND they are ashamed of the source material.

God this shows gonna suck

I said "Peer" approval, not sales. The netflix shows want the approval of the premiere cable writers and directors, not of fans.

I don't follow what you're saying? I agree that more mature stories will often be more immersive (The Wire, f'r ex'), but sometimes, they're very difficult to experience (that's the argument about Buffy's Restless, at least so they tell me, I hate it.)

Shadowland?

Well said, user.

If it matters that much to them then don't fucking adapt a superhero comic, lol.

same here

>oh look iron fist
>why does matt have curly hair now
>oh wait

>Stripping Matt of his costume
>No Iron Fist costume
>No yellow Luke shirt

Why in the blue fuck does Marvel run everything with promise into the ground. It's so goddamn maddening. Just like in the MCU, Marvel doesn't stop and think "maybe our good product (Iron Man and Daredevil) came from us respecting the source material and sticking to the key points of them." Instead they take the one note of that popular thing and repeat it for fucking everything.

And so am I

>he thinks comic books aren't capable of mature storytelling

Then again, you probably think mature = anything that fits with your political agenda. I miss the times when your kind was just happy with tits and blood.

>No costumes in the trailers
That'll just make it more special when they put them on in the actual show, guys!
please

So they're going to fight The Hand, right?

but user established plot points and the colour yellow are not mature enough for netflix

Because they've admitted they're ashamed of the source material. They think it's stupid.

Comics are capable of mature storytelling and the characters wearing costumes doesn't hinder that so it shouldn't be a problem in live action too.

LC just has a yellow shirt nowadays.

Of course, but we still won't find out exactly what the Hand want.
No proper reasoning behind the heroin, nor the hole in Hell's Kitchen, nor the Black Sky.

Isn't Sigourney Weaver playing the villain? I doubt a white woman is going to be the leader of the Hand.

Shit, I thought that was an Ironfist mask.

>There is an entire episode of Jessica Jones dedicated on shitting on the idea of using her Jewel costume as well distancing itself from the source material while destroying the idea of innocence lost via Purple Man encounter the original one had.
>JJ
>ashamed of source material
It was more or less a straight adaptation of Alias, minus things that wouldn't make sense, i.e. dating Scott Lang or budgetary things, i.e. Jewel's two pages of adventure.

Regardless of what you may think of that show, personally I thought it was weak overall, it was pretty much the last comic book adaptation "ashamed" of the comic.

Did you watch Doctor Strange?
I'm not saying it'll be the case, but there's precedent.

Where the FUCK are the costumes? Capeshit without capes is just SHIT, my man.

Oh shit. It's Luke Cage.

>The Wire
>immersive
Too many niggers for any immersion, Sopranos is better.

...I'm half white, half Asian, and I was completely immersed in the cop and drug storylines. What is your problem, man?

Sup Forums crossposters were a mistake