What did he mean by this?

What did he mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_YlU8SMyVUg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

collateral damage

To save billions, you have to kill millions

It worked, to be fair. All the nations united and world peace was brought to Earth.
Doomsday Clovk shows that eventually falls apart, tho.

humans are just a statistics

the idea of "common enemy" never works

for example, if I killed the few million jews left on Earth, literally every other person on earth would experience a dramatic increase in living standard within a decade

It's not a real story, user.

ITT: "Villains" who did nothing wrong

what did snyder mean by this?

the movie is really nausiating

That both he and blue man solo are fucking idiots.

>Hurr durr le ebin lie
>Surely mankind will never make war again!

Two most intelligent men my left ass cheek.

In the fictional story in question, it did. The reason it fell apart was that world peace generally doesn't last. On top of that, Rorschach's journal made it big with the public and was the straw the broke the camel's back in terms of the masses needing a reason to lash out at Veidt.
Yeah, but in comic book land, the land in question, it did.

THe behind the scenes photos look so fucking good, though.

Snyder is a fucking twat.

>where did the color goooo?

For how long?

Ten years, if I remember. Maybe less.

probably the worst film i have ever seen at the movie theatre

Ozy didn't give a fuck about people. All he ever cared about was being better than Ramses II and Alexander the Great. Saving the world was just a vehicle for that.

Yeah, about as smart as you could expect. By the way, I don't remember any of this epilogue shit in the graphic novel. I think you guys are making that shit up.

SO fucking miscast

>Leads one of the most successful war camps in the wasteland and rations life giving water to the mutated rejects who live below him keeping them alive.
>Access to genetically pure women.
>Wants to breed with them so as to create future leaders who would create order in a hellish wasteland.
>Females stolen by radical feminist.
>Leads a war party to chase after them so as to secure his females, one who is pregnant with a genetically pure child.
>Dies
>Feminists take over his warcamp and lets all the mutated rejects into the keep.
>Mutants don't understand rationing and presumably drink all the fucking water destroying what little civilization existed in that part of the wasteland.
Feminism truly is cancer.

so he thinks it just comes down to numbers and greater than/less than? isn't this character famed for his high IQ or something

The world peace part was. The part where it falls apart is in Doomsday Clock.

why do retards pretend the comic is better than the film when the film is basically a shot-for shot remake except for the pirate story, the white pages and the ending?

It's in Antarctica. It's cold there. Cold things are blue. Everything in Antarctica is blue.

I figured it had to be some sequel I'd never heard of.

t. expert color grader

congrats you're about as retarded as a professional movie maker

That sounded like sarcasm, but it actually makes sense, in a retarded sort of away, and probably quite literally the mentality Snyder had while editing the final cut.

That doesn't necessarily make it better. The Psycho remake was a shot-for-shot remake and I've heard that's garbage. I haven't even read the comic, but something probably fit the medium better. Another reason is that standards are simply lower for comics.

Doomsday Clock can't really be considered canon since it's not written by Moore. Yea I know DC owns the Watchmen rights, but come on.

I agree, but the book had alot more room to flesh out its characters and its themes than the movie did. And the white pages factor into that alot.

He's joking, but Antarctica's landscape is actually tinted blue. Ice emits blue light almost the same way liquid water does. Though obviously this doesn't mean the insides of buildings are blue too.

youtube.com/watch?v=_YlU8SMyVUg

Video starts with a black-and-white filter, and about halfway through it looks like they switched to a blue filter, but really they got rid of the filter altogether.

>implying
Moore is a petty fuck in general. He's the guy that got mad after someone else wrote a story that called back to one of his Green Lantern ones. And the guy that would shit talk the Swamp Thing run before his. He's a bitter shit that was there when the contract was signed with DC and still chooses to complain about it.

I think 7 years but not sure.
Also it doesn't really matter because the continuation isn't written by the same person so it's not part of the original artist vision.
The real ending is supposed to be ambigious.

right, im not disagreeing with any of that. but the end of watchmen was open-ended on purpose, doomsday clock is a fun read but i think it perverts the tone of the original

The first issue of epilogue was shown last month also it's not the same writer.

I agree to an extent, but the story is very obviously something deeper than the average sequel cash in comic. I'm cautiously excited about this one, and with a full year to develop it, I'm confident it should at least be interesting.

What's with all the Watchmen threads lately? Has there been something new announced?

lol

is this stuff worth a read?

TO SAVE BILLIONS

There's only one issue out this far, but it's pretty good. Literally 100% set up and exposition at this point, but it looks promising.

the new doomsday clock comic + Sup Forums snyder worship

But it's really not in any realistic universe that operates on anything resembling logic. Humans don't make everlasting peace over one event. That's fucking childish as fuck to believe.

That explains it.

>muh super hero cold war
>logical
It's fiction, made up stories are a little less than believable at times.