WTF THOR RAGNAROK VAL IS WHITE NOT BLACK FUCK FUCK FUCK REEEEEEE

WTF THOR RAGNAROK VAL IS WHITE NOT BLACK FUCK FUCK FUCK REEEEEEE

I always feel like these things should feel insulting to both parties.
On the one hand, yeah it's kinda crappy that they're chaining the race of a character, so of course fans should be upset. But at the same time, they're basically saying "Here, this character isn't important enough to stay consistent with. You minorities can have them."
Either way it's blatant tokenism, but the message they're sending is that the character is inconsequential enough that they think the brownie points are worth the inevitable outrage.
Valkyrie is the prefect example of that. As far as executives are concerned, she's unimportant enough that they can stand making her black.

She was pretty much the face of the Silver Age Defenders.

> Imaginary character

There have been non-white valkaries before

Still not black

maybe if the white girls could act during their audition

so...any race but black? try not to hide your racism too much

Is she even a Valkyrie or is it like TDKR with Robin?

she's Valk because we're dealing with hela. its just that since she is black she is physically superior to the other valks

Fine with the race change, fine with the actress, what I am not fucking fine with is them not giving her a outfit that looks FAINTLY like the fucking character or dying her hair blonde with pig tails.
Fuck's sake.

Bitch also said females can't be strong characters if they have exposed legs, really you fucking cunt? REALLY?
The well praised Lynn Collins as Dejah Thoris says otherwise and Lynn championed for a more skimpy outfit then what Disney proposed because she cares about the fucking character's iconic visual identity.
Plus I seem to recall Tessa Showing her ass off in Westworld & elsewhere, hypocrite bitch.

I'm gonna be honest it must be shit to be at Marvel or DC and actually care about comics and not an asshole.

I don't like the race swapping but you have to admit even outside shit like Thor there was an extreme underrepresentation of anything that wasn't white. So you have a shit deal; introduce brand new characters that have a good chance of failing solo or legacy/outright swap races on an existing character. Either way people will sperg on them.

Valkyrie is a turbodyke misandrist
It doesn't matter what they do with it

>Valkyrie is a turbodyke misandrist
Only for like that 1 Avengers Academy issue.
She never did/said anything misandristic during Secret Avengers while she was fucking Venom.

The actress is black, white and hispanic, OP

who cares its fictional characters it has no bearing on anything important

I feel you,
>tfw no tall blond goddess

It is.

>Its another Jack Norris tries to make Valkyrie quit the defenders episode

>BUT U LOOK LIKE MUH WIFE

She's half white

I actually really like this Valkyrie look. Especially the face paint.

They also made Molly Hayes mexican on their live action tv series.

All she did was saying that men are crap in bed, are you that insecure about your performance? That a comic character saying that men are crap in bed will cause you to panic?

>WAHHHHHHH, I WANT MAH BLACKS, PANDER TOO MEEEE

>doesn't look, dress or act like val
>call her val anyways
why tho?

>I WANT MAH BLACKS, PANDER TOO MEEEE
I don't think user implied that.

she's non-white tho

>act like
You've already seen the movie that comes out in November?

She is another member of the Valkyrie squad who assumed the leadership role after Brunhilde disappeared.

Because there's more than one valkyrie?

Man, who cares? Its not like they are zuddenly going to depict her back story as coming from the hood or something heck she will have maybe a line and two scenes. All this bitching over race is so pointless and it never stops. Its like those guys who wanted an asian danny, they didnt want Danny Rand they wanted a completely new character with a diffrent backstory and issues. Fuck just stop.

If it never mattered, why change it in the first place? Hmmm?

money you retard

Because that requires effort instead of just taking whoever shows up for the role call.

>Its not even Brunhilde
Then whats the fucking point of this thread?

No one praised that movie in any sense of the word.

Idris Elba played a good Heimdall though.