REPORT: The Mouse has Bought 21st Century FOX for 60 bil

comic-watch.com/2017/12/07/disneyfoxclosedeal/

IT'S HAPPENING

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2017/biz/news/disney-fox-goldman-sachs-centerview-jp-morgan-guggenheim-partners-1202634210/
statista.com/statistics/243196/market-share-of-the-leading-film-studios-worldwide-by-region/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What does this actually mean for the average consumer?

More dumb PG-13 safe bullshit with forced diversity

so more Logan or less logan?

Probably a little bit but he'll be back to being family friendly

>Disney is negotiating a deal valued at $74 billion by Bernstein Research analyst Todd Juenger, which he calculated as a 30% premium on the $57.4 billion enterprise value of the assets in question.

variety.com/2017/biz/news/disney-fox-goldman-sachs-centerview-jp-morgan-guggenheim-partners-1202634210/

>The free market brings competition so everybody wins! Keep trusting capitalists to do what works!

Nothing but Based Disney movies from now on

Even MORE capeshit.

What other alternative is there besides capitalism

just fucking kill me

This. No more risk taking or creativity. It'll all be bland and empty shit

>What other alternative is there besides the monarchy?

That doesn't seem like much of a change.

is there the smallest hope they take note from Logan's success and push the envelope?

Well I for one welcome the death of the film industry

there is plenty of competition, are fox and disney the only studios creating movies?

I don't see how this is a bad thing.

Family friendly xenomorphs

Not likely. Disney doesn't do R.

primitivism

sadly this

The illusion of choice is now even less convincing

For one side I do think its fair for Marvel to have its whole playground, on the other side, I don't wanna Disney to own more things

Marxist belief in cyclical history is uncomfortably true; the wealth continues to get accumulated by an increasingly decadent elite until the poor destroys them and redistributes the wealth and thus starts the cycle anew.

Yes they do. They owned Miramax for years, and Touchstone.

Disney doesn't push the envelope, at least not anymore
Their entire business models centers around repacking safe, familiar concepts and stories in way that tricks you into thinking it's new

This is literally the only source reporting on this. Fake news discussions are still going.

Well I guess it's possible but doesn't seem likely at the moment with how they have been running their movie studios.

>Free market
>Government controls the market through regulations
>The Fed exists
>Taxes
I only mentioned free market memes and you still don't know about them, so don't speak

>Marxist belief
moronic. there is no ideology needed to know that history always repeats. and as it is repeated, so is the absolute failure of commuunism

They don't own Miramax and touchstone doesn't make movies

They used to own Miramax. Disney released Pulp Fiction.

It's over user

Based Disney has won

I FUCKING LOVE CAPITALISM BROS

I know we're all meming here, but I don't see any reason why this will hurt anybody.

Yeah 30 years ago

Name one time that has happened in history?
Marxism is basically the climate change denial of economics and history at this point.

MY DUDES! I will literally FILL the aisels with PISS if while I'm watching Infinity War all a sudden Deadpool comes in amd turns to camera and says "bet cha never thought you'd see me here did ya?"

FUCKING HYPE TRAIN

ONCE MORE THE MOUSE HUNGERS

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE

S O O N

Aren't there rules against monopolies?

So a new system will arise naturally?
Hate to break it to you, but I can say with almost total certainty that the new system will not be communism, given the basic idea of trade has existed since we were shit flining apes in Kenya. More likely it'll just be an altered form of capitalism, similar to what happened in the 1900s-30s, when welfare and workers protection was introduced.

This

Everyone LOVES the bland formulaic garbage Disney shits out so giving them more properties to do it with can only be a great thing for everyone

In about a year we'll be getting a great Disney movie every month

Fucking educate yourself retard

Nothing about this is a monopoly

Yes, but Oligopolies can still exist.

Yes. There's lots of other movie studios. These two merging will not be a monopoly.

FANTASTIC 4 MOVIE WHEN

Not for the mouse.

I'm actually ok with this because it's part of Disney's plan to create their own streaming platform that kills Netflix

Why wouldn't FX continue the way they always have?

This

Iger bless you Based Disney for quickly becoming our only source of entertainment

>disney is forcing us to buy their products, evil capitalist scum!!
>Posted from my iPhone 8 SoyOS

That would actually be good.

>60 Billion Dollars. Enjoy having all media under one umbrella owned by one giant super liberal corporation that will tell you how to live your life, how to think, and how to vote

they acquired parts of TWENTIETH century fox, not twenty first

Twenty First Century is the parent company

Not even close to all media is owned by these two companies.

Sneed and Seed spin-off

Formerly Murdoch's

This

underrated post

Not parts all of it

They just bought everything but Fox's news and sports

aw man logan in avengers. if only.

based

Expect more stand up comedian super heroes, dance offs and CGI villains quoting Pinoccio

Paramount and Universal are struggling. WB is....well, they're doing ok. It's really that people can't justify the price. Movies are shifting. People want dramas and fiction, but its easier to get an independent film seen on netflix and hulu and so on. People will go for big budget stuff and stay home for the smaller stuff.

pretty sure they just bought parts of the filmed entertainment section

XMEN AND FANTASTIC FOUR AND GALACTUS AND DOOM ARE COMING HOME

THE MCU IS JUST GETTING STARTED

>comic-watch.com
why do you dumb fucking shits link retarded fucking sites as sources?

It means Alien and Predator are joining the Avengers.

Not true. New money gets created all the time. Itswhatdrives inflation.

they bought ALL of the entertainment section

EVERY SINGLE MOVIE AND TV SHOW FOX HAS EVER MADE NOW BELONGS TO DISNEY

I don't really care. Stuff like his happens all the time.

fake news

I would pirate this

statista.com/statistics/243196/market-share-of-the-leading-film-studios-worldwide-by-region/

this is 2013 so a little old and arguably even bigger now but, Disney and Fox are 25% of the market in the US, they are almost 45% of the market for the entire world.

What will happen with FX?

20th Century Fox already did this

also if your biggest complain is "muh diversity" you should kill yourself

>Deadpool and the X-Men in the MCU
>Predators and Aliens in Star Wars
>Simpsonsland in Disney World

Probably nothing. It will likely continue the same way it is now.

FX has the movies. The DISNEY movies.

*tips fedora*

>Inhumans show BTFO
>Agents of SHIELD made Inhumans like mutants
>now that mutants will be a part of the MCU they will have to retcon or erase inhumans

Fuck...

Without this year's Star Wars, Disney are at 18% for the year in 2017. Fox have 12% or so. I'm guessing they'll end up at mid 30% with the buy out by the end of the year

channel stays all the content now belongs to disney and will probably be cancelled

monopoly. is this purchase even legal?

>monopoly

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Dr. Doom will now be a MCU villain.

>60 billion dollars

Yes. The government needs to just stay out of the way of the free market.

If people have a problem with this they can go create their own movie studio.

Why does this swedish pakistani always say "the mouse"?

Boy you just disproved my argument! Anyways, this'll be between oligipoly and monopoly as disney would clearly be the dominant producer in the market. There are other producers in the market as well but they're not nearly as big, hence they make a much smaller influence.
This means that disney will be more and more dominant in the market and can start to control it. So it seems to me like an olygopoly with a much more powerful producer than the competitors.

>If people have a problem with this they can go create their own movie studio.

The issues is that monopolies can create a near impassible barrier to creating a competing business.

When one company owns a third of the market; how is it not heading that way?

Eisenstein's Theory Law

It's their attempt to appeal to the Sup Forums crowd.

>The hanged man tells me nothing.

Sharks live in their own world.

monopoly=/= one producer only.
It can be one producer only but it's also when there's one highly dominant producer and some smallers ones that covers a small portion of the market and therefore has no influence on it. Going together with some friends to make an indie studio is like throwing a bucket of water on a forest fire.

People just need to try harder. That's literally how capitalism work. You can do anything, just follow your dreams.

>Thanos & Deadpool: quips and a lady death
Glorious if happening