The Plinkett Test

>yfw Toshiro Mifune's character in the movie that inspired Star Wars fails the Plinkett test

wtf I hate Akira Kurosawa now!

bump

What test, you nigger?

The Sneed test.

Fuck off and let the shill speak

Elaborate

Do you guys not know the Plinkett test? The second most BS test after the Bechdel test?

>Plinkett test
what a pretentious little prick. And people take that faggot seriously? His TPM review consists of him poking fun at an irrelevant documentary and nitpicking at every little thing, but at least it's funny though, r-right?

No. I have a life. Now explain it, nignog.

I only care about triggering "people" who parrot Mike, I don't care to inform you.

Formerly the Chuck test?

So it doesn't exist? Thought as much.
Great thread, OP.

really made me think

The Mr Plinkett character test is a way to test how multi-dimensional and strong the character is.
You must describe the character without mentioning:
Appearance
Skills
Plot relevance
Relationships
You must only describe the character in terms of their personality.

Yeah, and my OP goes a long way to proving how bullshit that is as a metric.

christ, what a retarded test.

bump

i can't even do that for myself :(

:(

:)

:/

You're the one taking it seriously, nigger.

It's the Disney Shills. They've been shitting on every other SW property for the past week to make TLJ seem like less of a pre-ordained failure. Now they're going after the key reviewers, to make it seem like the Plinkett reviews were just fluff and to ignore anything they may say about the new Shit Wars.

And they're targeting Sup Forums more than ever because this is where all the really damaging internet memes come from.

Welcome to identity politics. People don't even know how to even describe their personalities or character any more.

According to the test you should be described as:

"Depressive, easily disappointed, doesn't believe in himself, folds to even the slightest show of authority, no fight in him"

Then, as a storytelling arc, we take that personality and devise a way to put you through a series of trials and tribulations where you confront and defeat these flaws in your character. To reveal the "true you" underneath. To find your potential.

Then you become:

"Resilient and proud, believes in himself and his abilities, doesn't bow to false authority, fights for what he believes in"

OP is running a bit of a con, by setting this test without giving people any examples of what he means, so most people naturally blank out because of lack of context and think he has a point. Plinkett gave plenty of examples of character descriptions in the videos, before turning the spotlight on the PT.

Basically OP is a dirty jew Disney Shill.

No it doesn't, because you don't provide examples of what you're asking and expecting everyone to remember a set of 5+ hour videos was all watched years ago.

And I can't even remember the last time I watched Hidden Fortress.
I only remember that yes, Star Wars is clearly based on it.
(For those who don't know the title refers to a hidden rebel base, not a Death Star or anything like that)

Yo're a dirty jew and you need to be gassed.

*we all watched years ago

dude I'm not a real person by those retarded standards

That's retarded a lot of those things can be a major factor to someone's personality.

this desu

Delusional or Plinkettdrone?

>OP is running a bit of a con, by setting this test without giving people any examples of what he means, so most people naturally blank out because of lack of context and think he has a point. Plinkett gave plenty of examples of character descriptions in the videos, before turning the spotlight on the PT.
What are you even saying?
My OP is very simple and clear- Mifune's character in THF fails the plinkett test, so either
1. Mifune's character in the movie is bad
or
2. The test is arbitrary nonsense.

>Obi Wan Kenobi
Wise but cautious due to the burden placed on him to train the Chosen One. Prefers a well executed plan rather than improvising. Hates flying, has an irreverent sense of humour.

>Anakin Skywalker
Headstrong and impulsive but ultimately will give anything in order to save the ones he loves, which is also his great flaw.

>Rey

>Finn

>Finn
Dindu nuffin with a heart of justice who is willing to fight people stronger than him because 'muh frenz'. Also goofball

Fierce samurai, slightly embittered but still loyal
What do I win?

maybe that works for cartoon characters

You can do it for the PT, too, though.

>Qui-Gon Jinn

Stern yet warm, impulsive maverick who promulgates a personal, instinctive approach to his philosophy.

Plinkett used his so-called 'test' to basically ask a bunch of friends if they preferred Han fucking Solo - one of the greatest characters from one of the greatest trilogies of their childhood - to characters from a Prequel trilogy they did not grow up with. Intellectually empty, cheap bullshit , "DUDE PIZZA ROLLS LMAO." FUCK Plinkett and FUCK THE East Coast.

I enjoy the Plinkett videos but they're pretty retarded sometimes. Like this entire Plinkett test, saying Samuel L. Jackson wasn't fit for the role of Mace even though he's proven that he's not just an angry shout man actor, dumb shit like that. This stuff didn't become that detrimental to the videos until he decided to spend half a video bitching about ring theory.