And... it's just what we thought it was

bleedingcool.com/2017/04/04/marvels-generations-anyway/

>The series will see current, more diverse or younger heroes, getting “zapped” out of the universe for a second or two, for a one-off adventure with their legacy equivalent character, then return back to the current Marvel Universe. That’s it. Hyping it as more than that could be a mistake. These are feel good all in one

Other urls found in this thread:

abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/marvels-generations-original-wolverine-hulk-iron-man-return/story?id=46331912
comicbook.com/marvel/2017/03/24/marvels-generations-crossover-to-bring-back-dead-heroes-with-leg/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No shit? Seemed pretty obvious that that's what it was from the get-go. Were people expecting anything different?

I mean did you think they were going to bring back mar-vell and another thor

And people still thought they were going to go full Rebirth, even after blaming everyone but themselves for what's been going on.

Wow, jeez, how surprising, Marvel is half-assing it once again.

>Have Nova on the poster
>he doesn't get a story

I know it's basically already what the current ongoing is about, but still, it would've been a nice way to advertise the book, since Marvel refuses to do so.

And a second Jean Grey, and a second Carol.

That's the thing though, it'd be kind of pointless to do one for Sam when Sam's book is already that.

Well, let's hope that is a "wow, I learned something from the older heroes" and not "hey kid, you are awesome and much better than me YASS"

You know it will be the latter.

I don't see why it wouldn't be both. The legacies going "wow, I learned something from the older heroes. This makes me even prouder to be their legacy!" and the originals going "hey kid, you are awesome and clearly my name is in good hands with you at the helm."

Some people were for some reason expecting the legacy characters to get their own earth or some shit

>This isn't some alternate reality story or some time-travel story
MARVEL LIES YET AGAIN

But they were upfront about the fact that it was about legacies teaming up with the classic characters. If anything, that would imply the classic characters being the "their own earth." It's not like Marvel was going to just rewing back to the silver age.

Some people were expecting it to be something like the O5 X-Men in a larger scale - time displaced past versions of the heroes now stuck in the present seemingly permanently.

>Not some giant event but some fun one-off stories partnering past heroes with their new counterparts.

...Isn't this good?

Does Kamala spend her story running away from Kree-Warrior Carol trying to murder her for being a shape-changer?

Yup

W-well be sure to Make Yours Marvel anyway

Come on, we're just like the movies you love only more diverse and progressive!

So basically pic.

But that sounds awful.

>admit too much Diversity was mistake
>won't trim the fat of Diversity
>make series where original heroes shill the new heroes

We were expecting this to be an event where they killed and replaced all the liberal shill """""""characters""""""" with the real versions.

Except good things came out of this.

>The series will see current, more diverse or younger heroes
>we need to appeal to internet trends, what do we do?
>kill superhero and make a new one with the same powers, name and suit, just make him black/woman/lesbian/gay
>genius!

Why can't they come up with new super heroes?

>Kamala get sent back to Civil War 1 and Skrull Invasion
>Sees Carol as a drunk jerkass who kidnaps Spider Womans kid, beats up other heroes, and kills skrulls for fun by suffocating them in space
>Kamala's face when she sees MurderCarol at her worst
>"...I bet Miles doesn't have to go through this"

Because they won't have that namebrand boost

Still though, Miles and Peter are getting one, and we already had Spider-Men.

abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/marvels-generations-original-wolverine-hulk-iron-man-return/story?id=46331912
>Is this self-contained? Is this an alternate timeline?

>In one word: No.

>"These stories do happen, they really count. They really matter. This isn't some alternate reality story or some time-travel story," Alonso explained.
>This isn't some alternate reality story or some time-travel story," Alonso explained
>some time-travel story

House of Ideas? More like HOUSE OF LIES.

Yes, but we don't CURRENTLY have Spider-men.

What do you expext really? Marvel's attack to the fans make this new fiasco series's purpose pretty obvious. There is only one language that Marvel understands. Money. Do not buy their books, and then we will see, for how long they will continue to troll the fans. As long as you give your money, nothing will change.

it's probably bendis' unpublished script for spider-men 2

> In b4 it'a all "WOW YOU'RE PRETTY GOOD I'D SAY YOU'RE BETTER THAN I AM, I'M PROUD YOU'VE TAKEN MY MANTLE YOU'RE TWICE THE HERO I AM."

I think they started hyping it as some sort of return to form because they see the demand for it. Yet because this isn't that at all, Marvel just shot themselves in the face. So, normal fuck ups.

>the cover artist even included the Brainiac from the justice league heroes game

thats fucking cool

They could have structured a one shot issue that fits in with this and thrown the banner in it. Wouldn't have hurt.

Yep. This led to getting proper Clark back and sort of led to Wally coming back.

Let's imagine the interactions in a realistic sense.

>Mar-Vell: Excuse me sir, why are you going by my name?
>Captain Dyke: It's Carol you piece of shit.
>Mar-Vell: Wait, what? What happened to you?
>Captain Dyke: I don't have time for any of your mansplaining bullshit. Just get out of my way or you'll be begging for that cancer you'll get.
>Mar-Vell: This is too weird.

>Jean: Okay, what is going on?
>Jeen: What do you mean?
>Jean: I can read minds. I know what you did to Bobby.
>Jeen: I know I know I know. But LGBTQ is so hip right now and I wanted a gay friend.
>Jean: That doesn't make it right.
>Jeen: It's not like I'm hurting anybody.
>Jean: What if he gets AIDS?
>Jeen: I didn't think of that.

Why does everyone feels entitled to call cyclops slim now?

Jean is slimmer ffs.

>Thor: Ho wench!
>Whor: Who are you calling a wench? You know that women are still paid 77 cents on the dollar.
>Thor: Why would this concern an Asgardian?
>Whor: I'm human. Jane Foster.
>Thor: Jane Foster?
>Whor: But now I'm Thor.
>Thor: Nay. You're Jane Foster. I'm Thor. It's my name. Not a mantle.
>Whor: I have no patience for mansplaining.

Everyone called him that in the Lee/Kirby X-Men.

Brainiac was great in Convergence.

But Carol had already been sober for a decade during CW1/SI.

I hope they get called out on this. It won't make a difference, but I hope people don't just ignore the blatant lie.

In the original announcement interviews:
comicbook.com/marvel/2017/03/24/marvels-generations-crossover-to-bring-back-dead-heroes-with-leg/

>"These stories do happen, they really count. They really matter. This isn't some alternate reality story or some time-travel story,"

Now they are saying these are
>more diverse or younger heroes, getting “zapped” out of the universe for a second or two, for a one-off adventure with their legacy equivalent character, then return back to the current Marvel Universe. That’s it.

Alternate universe time travel shenanigans.

So, I guess recent events have gotten then to change their mind or something because they're directly contradicting their interviews from 2 weeks ago.

More bait and switch bullshit from Marvel. I guess they figured that since the endless events and #1s aren't working anymore, they may as well piss in the readers' mouths to get some attention.

This is insider info from Rich the Snitch who believes their dishonest advertisement could end up hurting more than helping.

are they just making this series to have the classics say how much better than them the nu characters are and thus the reader should love them to?

>they
This isn't a press release. This is just Rumor Rich doing what he always does. Pulling shit out of his ass and hoping he's right.

The original character will tell us all how their legacy character is so much better than they ever were.

"Kate, you're better than I ever was."

"Riri...I could never be the Iron Man you can be."

"Sam...I"m a Hydra shit...You are clearly the true Captain America."

There will be one exception...

"Billy, I am shit, you are truly the better Scarlet Witch than shitty me could ever be."

I've stopped giving a shit about marvel now so fuck them

Didn't we already have this with Miles and Peter at least three times? And it didn't really work?

I was expecting a big event that caused the classics to return.

> I was expecting a big event that caused the classics to return.

Kek

>Miles takes a trip to the 90's and gets to experience Maximum Carnage New York firsthand

>Riri get's attacked by Tony Stark during Armor Wars

>It's just going to be the current heroes getting 'zapped' into major events that their legacy counterparts were dealing with at the time.

Well, does that mean Sam's gonna' see Dick rip out some guts?

If you were expecting that then you're a moron.

>liberal shill """""""characters"""""""

Thanks for providing confirmation.

Except it wouldn't be because Rich as a teenager was a different person than the Rich whi ernt through the Annihilation War and the Cancerverse.

Also Sam has always heard almost all his Nova career life that Rich was a badass and Rich when he started was a very insecure teen hero that fucked up a lot and before he met the New Warriors he mostly was by himself and didn't think there were teen heroes.

They could do something interesting out of it.

>current, more diverse or younger heroes, getting “zapped” out of the universe for a second or two, for a one-off adventure with their legacy equivalent character, then return back to the current Marvel Universe

Like anyone expected anything different.

That really would have been as stupid as what we're getting.

No way, Carol likes and respects Mar-Vell even KSD had her getting worried about him when Rogg blasted him when she went back into the past.

If we were realistic, they way characters really are it would play with Carol being fucking crazy and Mar-Vell being worried about her mental state.

>>Riri get's attacked by Tony Stark during Armor Wars
everything went better than expected

The movies benefit from being nothing like the recent comics.

>These stories do happen, they really count. They really matter
So in every single case the new gen hero saves the old gen hero from doom even though had they never traveled back in time their assistance would never have been needed

mhm

>see Dick rip out some guts
The Past, not A Couple Years Ago

Marvel lying about their event since they said this wasn't time travel I don't know why anyone believes what they say anymore.

> Kamala gets sent back to 1980 and watches Rogue utterly fuck Carol up

OK that would be fun to watch

>This led to getting proper Clark back
except merged with SuperBrah and we still don't know whether the Kents are dead or not

>>"...I bet Miles doesn't have to go through this"
Miles gets to watch Peter sell MJ's marriage to Mephisto for a version of Aunt May infinitely shittier than the one he left behind

I'd pay to see that.

You know, that's not as ambitious as I'd like. Still, going with a Convergence style works better given the lack of talent Marvel currently has. Who would they give it to to write?

Jason Aaron, the man who gave us Whor? Or maybe Nick "hail hydra" Spencer.

At this point Marvel hasn't got the talent to do a Rebirth style retooling. Bendis is a talentless hack apart of the problem. CWII was a critical and commercial disaster. The others I listed above aren't any better. So do you go the next tier? Call up Dan Slott or G Willow Wilson.

And the media will eat that shit up.

> Cho gets to watch Mr. Fixit destroy Marlo's pussy, knowing that as an Asian he'd never get the chance himself
> X-23 goes insane trying to keep track of every Logan everywhere at once
> Sam gets to see that time Cap and Ronald Reagan turned into werewolves and says "You know what, fuck this"

I'd love to see Kamala reacting to drunk Carol hitting Lockjaw

Agreed, Rebirth has been an enigma. Some books got better and some got worse. Some are enigmas.

That would be awesome, not the least having Laura get called on her shit for dissing OML. Also having Sam get wrecked would be awesome. I just feel bad for Cho, he's Waid's bitch for the foreseeable future.

Superman has taken a middle path, acknowledging the NuSuperman was unpopular and lacked maturity while at the same time refusing to out and out erase the bastard.

Nu Batman is the same, but with a shit creative run by tom King.

Nu Aquaman, Green Arrow, and Justice League are the same, but with the same creative team carrying existing plots over.

Nu Wonder Woman just got thrown away by a lack luster run.

Green Lantern has improved vastly as dog fucker can actually write at DC.

Wally fans get the pleasure of watching their boy outselling black wally in TT and Barry in Flash. That's kindof most of Rebirth

>getting “zapped” out of the universe for a second or two, for a one-off adventure with their legacy equivalent character

I like how everyone here assumes this is the new characters time traveling to the legacy heroes' pasts and not the more obvious situation (pic fucking related).

>IT'S OVER DC IS FINISHED
Wew lad

and here i would have actually bought a marvell/carol ongoing

Stop it! This are actually good ideas there's no way Marvel will do something like this.

>X-23: Logan! I have donned your mantle and become the All-New Wolverine!
>Wolverine: What? Why?
>X-23: I wished to honor your memory. So I have extensively studied archival footage of you and adopted your mannerisms. Heh! Bub! Canucklehead!
>Wolverine: Kid, I never wanted this for you. I just wanted you to have the chance at a normal life, away from all the fightin' and killin'...
>X-23: So... this was all a misunderstanding on my part?
>Wolverine: Yup.
>X-23: ...
>Wolverine: ...
>X-23: I will go cut myself now.

>Tony: Who the hell are you?
>Riri: Just because I'm black doesn't mean you get to use the Nick Fury line on me?
>Tony: First of all, Nick Fury is white. Second, how was I supposed to know your race?
>Riri: Fair enough. *takes off helmet*
>Tony: Are you from the future?
>Riri: Yep.
>Tony: Are you Rhodey's daughter?
>Riri: Wow. You are a racist. I'm Riri Williams and I'm Iron Man.
>Tony: Okay first, what's a Riri? And second... WHAAAA?
>Riri: I'm Riri Williams. I became the new Iron Man after you found your adopted mother and got put in a coma.
>Tony: Adopted? But I look just like my dad.
>Riri: The real son of Howard and Maria was sick, and there was a thing with aliens and...
>Tony: Okay. You're full of shit. Here's an autograph. Uh bubye.

"Your politics bore me, and your demeanour is that if a pouty child."

- MCU Thanos's verdict on Marvel Comics

>Oh yeah. Take off that armor you damned tech thief!

>moviefag

>Sadly, Bendis has Tony job not because Riri has better tech but because she somehow is better at hand to hand combat than he does despite being trained by Captain America himself.

>GENERATIONS
>Jane and Falcon down there with the kids

Isn't that kind of demeaning?

Mar-Vel is the only one worth being hyped for.

When he shows up in a post-death of captain Marvel world, it will never be long, but it is normally good.

Maybe? But the actual event was kinda bad and it sold like shit.

This is modern Marvel, so maybe. How much more absurd would it really be than the current state of things?

I guess the actual in-story explanation will use the Cosmic Cube - so it'll be a construct of it, rather than alt world or time travel, even though effectively it'll still be an alternate world/time travel thing.

Falcon was good as his own hero. But Marvel decided to force him into being the new Cap, thereby reducing his prior role and turning him into a legacy character rather than fellow hero.

well the sales always go up and drop as soon as he leaves, so mar-vell has that going for him.

hell, him and his kids still sell better than captain crustyass.

reagan turned into a snek

>Sam Wilson hangs out with cap just like he did when he was falcon

This shit makes no sense.

So basically, this ther event where we see how better the legacy characters are, and the originals give their thumbs up to them. Great.

Are beast and Cyke shocked at seeing themselves from like what a fucking week before they went to the future?

>I don't actually read comics but I sure do love bitching about them
I'm home