This is Superman. Not the one reimagined by Zack Snyder

This is Superman. Not the one reimagined by Zack Snyder.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fXQ2pDVB42k
youtube.com/watch?v=0rduneqAB2w
youtu.be/ebXB0lBoaQ0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>DCAU superman is a faggot literal manchild who believes in santa
wow way to pander to your audience Timm

is he noticing the jar of piss there?

Piss Memes

Calm down lmao

wait didn't superman's dad get killed by a tornado??

Is lead foil a thing?

I thought the entire point of comics is that the characters are all 60+ years old and have been interpreted by dozens of writers
Why is it suddenly wrong for Snyder to have his own version of Superman

yes

my version of superman would use his superpowers to shitpost on Sup Forums at an alarming rate

>santa doesn't exi....

I wonder if the Kents lined their bedroom with lead...

So is there an official superman that is the TRUE superman with the one TRUE canon, and everything else is just kinda fan fiction territory, or are all different versions of him just as legit as any else?

Has modern capeshit ever topped this entire sequence?

because his vision sucks ass, like a blind person

Snyder is your typical douchebro who read Death of Superman and DKR and pretends to be an expert on DC comics

Couldn't he still hear them?

is Santa OP?

Truly most kino superman, Bruce Timm should've managed the DCAU.

"If you can't trust Santa, whom can you trust? "

>-- Batman --

Killing Joke and the Harley Quinn movie would like to have a word with you

>he’s been on the naughty list so long it convinces him Santa isn’t real

>Superman's humane side is celebrated as a part of what makes him who he is instead of just being murderjesus
What a faggot am I right

>the "real" superman
>has never done anything wrong
>always saves the kitten from the tree
>parents still alive
>mostly just around to make one city safe and barely manages that, but doesn't really care
>never kills, because thats wrong or something
>messiah character
>beloved by all
>loyal to america and thats basically it

>the superman that is interesting
>philosophically flawed, doesn't know whether he should risk the lives of many to save a few or not
>struggles with not being able to save everyone, despite being god
>criticized by the media and government constantly
>isn't sure if he should tolerate the establishments or be the establishments
>remorseful killer
>vulnerable to persuasion
>more or less Dr. Manhaten without the brains

He’s past his prime.
No. He’s damn close to being there but he still has a few ideas where he needs to be put in check with. Like babexbruce and what the previous user I tagged said.

>deconstructing things makes them interesting

>superman is broody and autistic as fuck like me
Are you 12?

>Killing Joke and the Harley Quinn

Timm understands these characters and their history through and through to a fault all that bullshit came form what a surprise, SJW and neckbeards fedora tippers.

This movie has better cinematography than MoS and BvS

>every single character has to be edgy and conflicted
>no characters can be a shining beacon and the opposite of a pariah

You clearly have never seen older Superman for one since he does have ocassional doubts, and conflicts but he has strength of character to shine through it and people recognize it

What’s wrong with having one character as such In a fucking sea of edge lords anyway? Superman just does what he does best as the near perfect savior figure better than almost all colleagues and competitors.

Murderjesus is more interesting than invincible boy scout.

Why is Spider-Man hanging out with Deadpool, who is a literal mass murdering mercenary?

>solves the captcha at the blink of an eye!

you got it

>loyal to america and thats basically it

>the wrongest man on Sup Forums

because it's boring. The same reason every mary sue character is boring.

superman was literally invented as propaganda during the war

muh complicated character is so much more interesting than the original the thread

Wow, what an irrelevant point.

Killing Joke being like 80% Timm pushing his BrucexBarbara ship is unacceptable dude

i could do a better deconstruction but I won't. I'll make my own comic book. It'd be better if I could get the IP's of superman because of the iconography but it's fine I can make my own immortal godlord and what I lose in iconography I gain in a bit of malleable character freedom.

You were invented as a way to pass time between your parents one night, doesn't mean that's all you have to be.

You mistake the paint of character for real character.

Spidey's pretty much the only one that will hang out with him because he's too polite to say no, so Deadpool gets clingy

>Timm understands these characters
Well I'd hope so considering he's the one who made Harley Quinn

SUPAMAN TOO STRONG NOT SMART CHARACTER FOR DA SMART PE-POLE LIKE ME

>doesn't get the ideas of characters with morality and who keep doing good no matter what the odds or negative things happen, compares it to bullshit sjw mary sue ideology. Thinks the conflicting situation between always striving to be your best in a cruel world is boring

explains why this world is going to shit

Based Santa

>travels faster than the speed of light
>never forgets anything , almost omnicient memory
>immortal
what do you think?

I fucking hate this deconstruction meme. If I read/watch/play a fantasy work is because I want to escape from reality for a couple of hours, I don't want edgy "realistic" plots or stuff about "dude wat if x happened in real life? Lolxd?"

Is this canon?

>Timm pushing his BrucexBarbara ship is unacceptable dude

True that was the only thing that did irk me, but I was referring more so to the bullshit outcry of things like "instead of humanizing her, [the prologue] turns Barbara/Batgirl into a comic book cliche: The female character that feigns complexity, but, when given an expanded role, is only viewed through a sexual lens." How about those people who criticized it in that manner pick up a fucking comic book like the one where DICK grayson fucks her the night before his wedding day to starfire and see her emotional sexual behavior then. Stuff like not understanding the character in that mannerism is what got to me more, because even though killing joke doesn't go there many iterations refer to their somewhat chemistry or actual relationship but yea that was a fault on his I can't over look as well.

>never forgets anything

He has a list.

Fuck off shit taste cuck

>And don't worry about scenes that set up the next eight movies--just make this one satisfying!

Surely this is also self-deprecating?

>has to check the list twice
Santa confirmed for brainlet?

that's more of symbolic doncha think? just think all of your deeds within a year. hell i can't even remember what i did last week at this time

>literal manchild who believe in Santa
Well, to be fair. In a world where Mxlyzptk, demon Atrigan, Constantine, Zatanna, Zeus and even Lucifer did exist... For Superman to believe in Santa seems logical.

Here’s the thing that Snyder and his fanboys don’t get. This is the same reason why Sup Forums gets mad when you recast a character as a different race. Except this time you’ve altered intricacies of a character beyond his physical form. You’ve altered the core aspects that define him as a character, and then you did it poorly to boot. When the Daniel Craig version of 007 came out people didn’t like that it was sort of Bourne Identity knock of style wise, but Bond was still mostly true to his character as a smooth talking professional killer, spy, and sexy womanizer. Snyder shat all over the good wholesome “boy-scout” nature of Superman’s accepted and predefined characteristics with his amateur, naive and misdirected take on the lore. Maybe if the movie was good myself and others could get past it but it simply IS NOT A GOOD MOVIE!

You’ve probably never read or seen classic good Superman tales.

Now look at this Massive lobster roll and realize you won’t have anything this tasty and gratuitous for dinner tonight.

People forget lots of weird shit exist in DC universe. They even have a god too of some sort

>just think of all your deeds within a year
Yeah but only some of them are relevant. Most people don't actually commit good or bad deeds most of the time - they commit neutral deeds, like saying hi to someone they pass on the street.

I'm betting if we saw a list of all our good/bad deeds for a whole year, it would actually be pretty short.

Superman was invented in the 30s
Retard

Thanks cunt, it's 3 1/2 hours until dinner time

FUCK YOU RED LOBSTER IS CLOSED AT THIS TIME FUCK YOU MAN

yeah, there is. the original original superman is old as fuck now. but most people consider post crisis superman (the one from like, the 80s until now) to be the true superman. comics are sort of confusing

nope. babs batgrirl canon consists of:
the killing joke happened (but not that horrible part the movie added about her fucking bruce), she was in a wheelchair for a few years as oracle, and now she's healed and is batgirl again

>comics are sort of confusing

It's just DC who wants every single thing they've ever printed to be canon in some form. They're out of their fucking minds.

THREAD well said and sad to see this is the case for many adaptions now mostly in dcau at least.

also fuck you now I'm hungry

nope but this is

Lets hit those showers

>The wrongest man on Sup Forums

youtu.be/fXQ2pDVB42k

Is this kino?

>you guys didnt use protection i checked
>she isnt pregnant i checked

Made me kek

Bruce Timm has a weird fetish with hooking up Bats and Barb

It's fucking stupid

>super can’t be emotionaly compl-

kino, this was pretty awesome when he decided to express how much he frustrates at times over holding back because he knows the risk of killing someone and has disciplined himself to not cut loose youtube.com/watch?v=0rduneqAB2w

one of the instances i cried while watching some cartoon

the other one is Growing Pains ending

>Growing Pains ending

>pregnet

Because Snyder is a fucking hack and his vision is terrible.

This Superman wrecked a city while fighting Captain Marvel because of his paranoia about Lex Luthor.

this is Sup Forums
not Sup Forums you stupid fag

>Sup Forums
>it was a television show

stills counts

youtu.be/ebXB0lBoaQ0

Is this kino?

you first you you Sup Forumsmblr crossboardong nigger cumstain

lol Sup Forums is a tumblr reddit nightmare. Now stop being sudo intellectual petty whiny beta cuck faggot and except the fact you said a retarded thing, about what is clearly a television show character BASED off a comic book one

>cuck
you have to be 18+ to post here you retarded newfag
the board you frequent is for containment of faggots like you stay there

so out of all that was said cuck is the thing that triggered you.......................... really makes me think

>we used to wrap his presents in lead foil
>then i got lead poisoning and we had to pay some chinese fella to do it!

enjoy your ban underage

I remember a super horse, but I didn't know there was a monkey

It's the perfect Batman relationship. They're close enough that they can be intimate, but it's also a clusterfuck that is doomed to self destruct. Batman is drawn to people like that. Criminals he will always have to fight. Or his partner/ Jim's daughter. It reaffirms his loneliness

I will

There's only 1 perfect Batman relationship

Barbara and Starfire are for Dick

Raimi doesn’t know when to stop!

Snyder's version wasn't that different. These people are just retarded.

Based Ship Poster.