This is pretentious, try-hard, edgy garbage

This is pretentious, try-hard, edgy garbage.
Nolan is embarrassingly insecure.

>This post is pretentious, try-hard garbage.
>OP is embarrassingly insecure.
Correct

It's a good movie

That's not BvS though.

alright

t. The guy who says the Cap appearance in the Spider-Man trailer is marvelous cinematography

No, no it's not.

black dick

It sucked but those aren't the reasons why. It was a little edgy though.

Marvel pls, this is sad

It might be Marvelous but it isn't good by any means.

> little edgy though

Thanks for describing all of Batman except Adam west

>but those aren't the reasons why.
hit me MCU shill

It's a rare treat to see bait this old.

Different user. The Dark Knight was great, anyone saying otherwise is just trolling or being contrarian.

That being said it, like any movie, isn't flawless. I thought it could do with some editing; it was overly long and could be cut down a little.

Not muh Batman not muh Joker basically and Rachel sucked. Harvey Dent was the saving grace of that movie. The MCU is nowhere near close to Dark Knight quality by the way. At least Nolan learned how to keep the camera still for a second. Batman Begins was WAY worse.

I'm OP, and I love the movie, b8 aside.

I think its only real flaw is the boat dilemma sequence. Should have cut that out and did whatever they had to to keep the rest of the film working the same minus that scene.

It was a decade ago, they didn't know what good comic book movies were back then

>Batman Begins was WAY worse.
Damn, you almost made it through your post without memeing.
Actually no you didn't, not muh isn't an argument.

>That being said it, like any movie, isn't flawless.
BvS was flawless.

false flag
That being said, BvS is an above average film.

Nope, it was valueless garbage and was rightly received as such.

This guy isn't even trying with his bait but that doesn't mean you should either.

It's not a false flag. I legitimately think that every aspect of BvS was a "hit" rather than a "miss," but sorry if that makes other fans look bad.

The Dark Knight is one of the most critically and commercially successful cape films of all time and is still routinely held up as an example of the best of the genre.

If anything we've regressed since then as things have settled into a unspectacular but reliable formula. TDK came at the end of that transition period between the first wave of cape films sparked by X-Men and Spider-Man and the current age of shared universe movies.

> I legitimately think that every aspect of BvS was a "hit" rather than a "miss,"

For fuck's sake, no you don't. This bait is pathetic.

>he can't possibly have that opinion!
Are you an SJW or something?

Use "c u c k" next!

It came off less pretentious, try-hard and edgy than Snyder's cgi-shitfest with god awful scripted bullshit to me.

Nolan at least tried to say something meaningful. Snyder comes across as an edgy 14 year-old who thinks his shitty Facebook posts are DEEEP

You got it backwards.

>it was valueless garbage
Source?
>and was rightly received as such
1/4 of critics thought it had value.

That's cool, you could go to Sup Forums and discuss that with them.

Nah, it's just that any substance in any movie trigger cartoon faggots like you

>Source?

Critical reception.

>1/4 of critics thought it had value.

No they didn't, they made a mistake.

No, TDK had substance and was acclaimed.

BvS was substanceless, edgy garbage without meaning or value.

You're 12, you'll understand when you're older.

Oh, you're that guy.
Kudos on the unceasing autism I guess.
But you just say the same things over and over and it's pretty boring.

Nolan's message: Batman sucks and the public should be lied to. Being edgy is cool.
Snyder's message: You should be good even when everyone hates you. Power isn't necessarily evil. Trust is good.
Huh, I wonder which one is better.

He's probably the same guy that says "anime is the best and everything else sucks."

BvS is a bad movie, but it has substance, you are just a manchild that screams at the screen when the movies about men in thighs are not aimed at the Saturday morning cartoon target audience

I just say what's true. That doesn't change. Why would you expect it to?

No one thought BvS had value or meaning.

What are you talking about?

BvS is utterly devoid of hope or joy. It actively seeks to strip those traits out of the characters and the world in general. It's why people reject Super-Jesus as dour and sad.

Nah, it's one of the best superhero movies ever made. Nolan saw the genres ability to make intelligent political commentary while also commenting on the characters themselves and seized it in a way rarely seen. And on top of that, it's just a really solid action movie.

It was lightning in a bottle.

Batman Begins and Dark Knight are great. They are polished, tightly woven stories.

But Nolan was clearly phoning it in on Rises; it's sloppy and the third act is a mess. The "true villain" sits in the passenger seat of a truck while Batman and Catwoman easily beat her henchmen.

Zero dramatic tension; that all died with Bane.

I think Heath's death killed Nolan's enthusiasm for the franchise

Blackadder Vs Joker

Whose pencil skills are deadliest?

IIRC, didn't Nolan not even want to do a third one at first and was convinced/induced by WB to do it?

Yeah The Dark Knight is pretty shit for a lot of reasons. The completely artless way the characters will spout monologues about the BIG THEMES, how it gutlessly cuts around violence (people get shot but never bleed, Joker kills a guy instantly by slicing he cheek open not a drop of blood spilled), the boring mise-en-scene (give me a Batman Returns style gothic snowglobe look any day over this boring nondescript urban look). Also Bale's Batman is just not interesting at all, Nolan abstracts him into a freshman philosophy thought experiment without a personality, then refuses to actually engage with any of the moral questions about him by excusing his every transgression as the necessary course of action for dire circumstances. It sucks, BvS was a way smarter and better film.

jesus dude put it back in your pants already

you make it sound like it's Winter Soldier or something

I think so. I think with BB and TDK he was proving himself, but with TDKR, the success of Inception meant he no longer needed Batman career wise.

>(people get shot but never bleed, Joker kills a guy instantly by slicing he cheek open not a drop of blood spilled)

13 year old confirmed.

It's amazing how TDK fooled all the critics who then all missed BvS!

Winter Soldier was also very good, but not as good as Dark Knight.

Nolan's design aesthetic has ironically influenced the MCU more than the DCEU.

Winter Soldier is shit, though.

You're a fucking retard though.

It's a good movie, but it's not a masterpiece or one of the greatest supehero movies. Two-Faces is underdeveloped and there's a lot of unnecesary scenes.

It sucks

Doesn't his version of batman predate both?...

The jump to the boat scene is awkward as fuck.

Is it just me or is there an editing fuck up in the bat pod chase (the bit where it goes inside a mall)?