An AU is more appealing than canon

>an AU is more appealing than canon.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FO0kRE5OTZI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Post several examples.

Well I have one. All of Slott Spider-man vs Renew Your Vows

you should start reading comics , user

Blink and Morph are still out there, alive and running the team, right? ...right?

Why?

Most franchises are open for the interpretation of whoever decides to portray their take on the characters and their stories, thus you have an exquisite, endless source of AUs approved by canon, and you can dig in the ones that appeal to you the most.

Of course, if you are into that kind of thing.

They died in an incursion.

I prefer cartoons

AUs will almost always be attractive because they aren't explored. They are literally all potential. But once you explore that potential, most of the time you find out that there is nothing there. Example: Spider-Gwen

Australians are never appealing.

>tfw you misalign your AUs

Just to be clear, I'm referring more to fan AUs than official AUs.

Yeah, there are some talented fans out there. For example, a few months ago when I was looking for a job, I read this really good and well-written "The Force Awakens" AU. But could they have come up with the story that they're altering in the first place?

I hope you're not another butthurt Gravity Falls fantard.

Why do you ask?

Because lately they've been coming in droves talking about AUs.

So?

>the original creator turned out to be a hack
>writefags and drawfags with a better understanding of [source's genre] had been making better versions of [source] for free

Parker's relaunch was damn good, and Marvel's handling of it broke my heart.

>get out of this thread

In no particular order
Transformers: Hearts of Steel
Marvel 1602
Spider Gwen
Injustice
Kingdom Come
Justice Guild Earth 11
Adventure Time with Fiona and Cake
TMNT: Same As It Never Was

That's the entire allure of AU stories. Why would anyone make an AU where things are lamer or less interesting than canon?

Got a link to that TFA one?

I guess that makes sense

many fanAU's are just "hey let's make the protagonist the villain"

>>an AU

>fanfiction

Yeah no shit an alternative universe where everyone's happy and fucking the shit out of each other with their massive dongs that don't have the limitations of regular human bodies is going to be better.

Some of those can be neat

>Just to be clear, I'm referring more to fan AUs than official AUs.

>a throwaway joke is more interesting than canon

Well, it is a fairly common cartoon gag to show that something happened off-screen that's slightly more interesting than what they're actually focusing on.

Because it's super easy to come up with an interesting AU gimmick for a one-off story. Like.... What if Batman was fighting the Inquisition in Medieval Spain?

But it's another thing entirely to try to turn a gimmick into a viable ongoing story where it doesn't turn stale really quickly. Flavor of the month novelty wears out fast, after all. Look at Spider-Gwen. Or Ultimate line. Spider-man 2099. Batman Beyond.

it's a more interesting PREMISE than the whole fucking cartoon which is 'hipsters are horrible to each other in a science fiction future that isn't explored near enough'

>slightly

get the fuck out of here.

>The US Department of kicking your ass
>Not US Department of Whoop Ass

One job!

Why?

I don't know what the fuck you're talking about but stay away from my weed.

youtube.com/watch?v=FO0kRE5OTZI

I miss Dr. Tran

Injustice. Are you serious?

Perhaps Serendipity Gospels over Homestuck?

As a story, SG is pretty much boiled down to the titular character's interactions and development and how those things are effected as the larger narrative goes forward...

However, At the end of it's life Homestuck dropped pretty much all pretense of being anything other than that, and, in my opinion, executed the concept worse than the fucking fanfiction based on it...

Additionally, while SG is unfinished and abandoned, I still adamently believe where and how it was dropped made for a better conclusion than Homestuck's 'planned' ending...