Now that it's established that the O5 that came to the present are from an AU...

Now that it's established that the O5 that came to the present are from an AU, why the hell don't they backtrack on the Iceman thing? They can keep the younger Bobby gay, but have the original 616 one go back to being straight. I mean that would be a pretty good compromise. It's not the same character, so progressives who erroneously argue that homosexuality is biological can't hold a candle. Just look at mainstream and Ultimate Colossus. Or even AU characters who are different races. There is no reason to tarnish both Bobbys.

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2017/03/30/marvel-comics-overship-2nd-issues-black-bolt-cable-iceman/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Marvel has already announced they are over shipping his solo comic written by pic-related. It shouldn't last long, but long enough to do some damage sadly.

>bleedingcool.com/2017/03/30/marvel-comics-overship-2nd-issues-black-bolt-cable-iceman/

Not so much AU as much as the timeline repaired itself and fixed the paradox. Beast pulled the O5 to the present and the timeline re-added them back in. Hence, the O5 don't actually have a "home" to go back to. Now they're just yet another time anomaly like so many others trapped in 616.

I sincerely hope they ignore Bendis's bullshit and start going by classic Marvel time travel rules again.

If Marvel didn't have its head so far up its ass, they would have the end result of said comic having Bobby realize he's straight.

Wait, why would a gay man wear a "the future is female" shirt? Gay men hate women so much that they won't even fuck them.

Not sure if that man is gay, and I don't think you understand what it means to be gay.

Being progressive isn't about making people happy, it's about making everone as miserable as you.

Why would he be writing The Gay Adventures of Frosty the Homo if he isn't gay? Doesn't really fit Marvel's MO of getting people to write their own minority.

That's who's writing Iceman? No offense but that guy looks like a total faggot, like you don't even need gaydar to know that he sucks dicks on the side.

Look at his Twitter. He's a complete flamer and SJW.

>why the hell don't they backtrack on the Iceman thing?

On what?

who is that guy, I dont want to give him any google hits from searching his grinder pic there.

That only explains the updated retellings or added in characters.

Marvel probably will go with that they're from another world that got altered when plucked.

He was like a preteen at that point though. I didn't get girl-crazed until I was like 17.

Gay male culture is about wanting to be women, not hating women.

He was 16.

Yeah no...
The O5 are from 616 and that universe was destroyed by the incursions, the recreated universe (earth prime) has corrected that anomaly but now the O5 are the last remaining heroes from earth 616 and living in a parallel universe

It is fucking Iceman. His literal characteristic is that he is only slightly less boring than Warren and Jean and not as much of a faggot as beast

I don't think so. He was younger than the rest of them.

So there's still hope left and iceman isn't gay

Its just jean being a cunt and brainwashing him

I keep posting that on Rachel and Miles explain the xmen every time they mention gay bobby and it makes the tranny butthurt as fuck

>Gay male culture is about wanting to be women
No, that was the trannies

The rest of the team was like 18. The institute was a prep school and Jean eventually transferred to ESU while remaining an X-Man.

He had had a girlfriend before he came to the school. God forbid that he's not falling over drooling at every new girl that he sees. Does every hetero person drool over everyone of the opposite gender they see? Does every homosexual drool over everyone of the same gender? People have gotta stop reaching with this page

>all this denial
wew lad

>The Gay Adventures of Frosty the Homo

Who says Colossus isn't gay. Just give it a few months/years. Once Guggenheim run fails like the shit is going to be, everyone will lose hope on straight Colossus and follow Ultimate. No way they're wasting that open door.

He's the Johnny storm and spiderman of the group

Better question: why don't they just kill them off. Who fucking cares about the O5?

Jean is a smug cunt being given way too much focus, Bobby's entire character seems to consist of being an insecure gay virgin, Warren's gimmick is just dating Laura and/or having flame wings, Hank's meddling with magic isn't particularly interesting and Scott's.... just dull version of adult Scott.

Cyclops and Jean were 16, Bobby was younger.

you're on this board for the cartoons aren't you?

Because Brevoort and company scorched earth or buried the main O5.

Adult Jean can't come back because Brevoort and company have been butt hurt she was brought back in the first place/are assholes who ship Scott with Emma and consider Jean a threat to that death ship.

They fucked up Scott so badly they need a teen version of him to undo the damage because they refused to fully undo the damage Rightclops caused the character.

Beast got thrown under the bus by Bendis when he decided to pander to the Rightclop shits so they need a teen version of him to shit on adult Hank ala Scott

They had to have a teen Iceman to force their faggot retcon onto Adult Bobby

And Brevoort and company HATE HATE HATE Archangel, but metal wing Warren is the only version people give a shit about. So they brought back another winged Warren and when people still didn't like him they gave him fire wings instead

The Iceman of the '60s was a flaming dandy, Stan Lee himself wrote him that way, that's what they were thinking about when they outed O5-Bobby: getting back to original concept.
You know how the character was put in the closet? Another writer took over and decided to hook Bobby up with a girl, because like you he couldn't tolerate one gay character even existing, it really does undermine YOUR heterosexuality, doesn't it?
Iceman being straight was the retcon that ruined the character.
Literally, because once you shit all over original concept there's nowhere to take the character without a big old unresolved plothole ruining their backstory.
So once Claremont retired Bobby, Hank, and Angel because he didn't want to deal with someone else's characters if he didn't need to, the three bounced around other books (like 'Champions and 'Defenders) and other writers bounced back and forth from taking Bobby back to "festive single guy" and pushing a "straight normal male" political retcon.
That's the behind-the-scenes story of how Bobby ended up being a messed-up closet-case who can't make a heterosexual relationship work despite all his repeated efforts. If assholes like you had left his character alone there wouldn't have to be a coming out issue to resolve this mess once and for all.
And I shouldn't even have to tell you why your "kill the gay children" idea is a reflection on your complete asshole status.

I hate you Bendis

Cute how there's a mod censoring "tolerance" posts on these NON-Sup Forums boards.
Any wonder why there's a shitpost flood of NeoNazi trolls every night?
And you wonder how you end up with all these deaththreat posts against minorities?

I wish there was something I could do for the X-fags, I really do. It's just so fucked at this point. Rightclops was legitimately right by accident, the O-5 arn't original anymore or maybe they are and the new original 5 arn't but they will be? Jean grey is back and mind fucking people gay. There are like four wolverines and none of them are The Wolverine, who died in a bukkake.
Judge Frost.
I don't even know where to begin. Keep on keeping on X-fags. You poor basterds.

Was that page Ewing saying that this character who's in world story is on of a legacy hero, is actually fairly new in our world?

not making Beast gay so older Beast can come to terms with his real feelings for Wonderman and saving him from limbo was a mistake so they could be cute and go on fun science adventures together

There (you) go. Enjoy.

NO, Adult Jean can't come back because there's still an unresolved question about if Hope is Jean's reincarnation. That's why you need a second Jean.
NO, they are doing a story there, with part of it being Baby Scott getting more and more messed up by horrible shit until you end up with a psycologically fucked up Scott, like they had back during the Claremont era. There's no point in bringing them back if they become completely different characters.
NO, Beast is getting his ironic comeuppance because a baby version of yourself calling you out on your bullshit is exactly what Hank had planned for Scott. How do you not see that?
"Faggot retcon" ... insecure in your sexuality much? You afraid you're next? SPOILER: YOU ARE!
But look at the bright side: at least he's not as perverted as Havok.

And having Good-"Celestial"-Angel vs. Evil-"Apocalypse"-Angel shouldn't require that much of an explanation. Duh.

It's not about attention, moron.
Enforcing rules against only one side of a Sup Forums invasion makes a complete mockery of the board rules.
In case you haven't noticed, we can't have one fucking comic conversation about actual comics without it turning into Sup Forums shit, and worse: Sup Forums shit where only one Sup Forums argument is allowed: the one hating on the comics.
That's not just undermining the thread, that's undermining the board.
I don't think that's what mods are there for.

he's totally gay

>Now that it's established that the O5 that came to the present are from an AU
Wait what? Sauce?

he's more flaming than the Human Torch
idk why Bendis didn't make it official

If that means making storm a teen again im all for it

Such a gay scene...
I love that unintentionally racist/specieist cop fawning all over them like that.
Do you think he was an original character or is there an old issue where Hank saves this guy?

Meanwhile, "I'm as gay as the next ____ " is the kind of thing that drag queens say. Just saying...

Shut the fuck up, Donnie.

WonderMan doesn't count.
What happens in Hollywood, stays in Hollywood.
Besides, do ions even have genders?

It's been done. A cyborg egg-woman did it to her in a weirdly sexual mad scientist scene.
(thanks, Claremont)
... and then Gambit instantly showed up to be sleazy around her.

WonderMan/Beast should be canon ship moreso than Carol/Jess
Marvel is stupid

more than just bros

ehh that doesnt count, he made her a loli and she reverted back anyway
I want the ultimate storm age frame

Maybe it's just one of those "not gay but for him" things?
Because Morrison had Emma snoop around in his head and declare him straight as an arrow.

(and Carol and Jess are perfect for each other, fuck you)

There's more evidence to batman being gay.

Tomato tomato

>apocalyptic mind loss
funny of him to say at that point
love when writers have cyclops subtly projecting

>Now that it's established that the O5 that came to the present are from an AU
That's not what it established

Maybe time is a self correcting paradox that you can't just poof people out of the stream. At least you can't alter certain events or people like when booster gold tried to save red kord.

here's how we fix the O5 (not the ones plucked from the past, they're beyond fixing)
You kick it off with Hope having phoenix energies manifesting. Turns out, the phoenix was originally manifested on a mutant-heavy population by someone just like Hope, who could tap into various powers, causing chaos. She's doing some phoenix five level shit accidentally, effectively making people's wishes into reality. This revives Scott (if he's even still dead, I can't keep up) and gives Beast the ability to turn human (basically jekyl and hyde). Bobby tries to stop her, going full ice king mode, and is evaporated. Hope enters the white hot room, talks to get the full story. They want hope most of all because her power is closest to their original powers, and thus she's the ideal host. She agrees to it, but her mind must stay in the white hot room to "incubate" until she's ready. One of the previous hosts mind enters her body in her stead. It's jean.
This Jean cannot tap the phoenix force because it's occupied with Hope.
This writes the phoenix force out for a few more years. It's highly implied that Hope will become the leader of the tribe that protects cable in the future, which also suggests she won't return to her body for decades.
Beast creates a device to attempt to collect all the particles of bobby so he can be restored, using an ice golem he created as a base. It's a slow process, and the ice golem is slowly gaining pieces of his mind back, but Jean comments that "some parts of bobby will never return. He's not our bobby anymore"
So years down the line, if they want, they can have him return to human form, and be straight, or bi, or whatever they want, cause he's basically a reborn bobby in a different body.
lastly, now that Jean's back, they track down angel, and she uses her powers to put his mind back in order. His experiences leave him very calm and humble.
They reform the original team and go on adventures without anyone else.

Was it foreshadowing? And for who?

Though... I always hold out hope that he'll get back together with Trish, because right before he got that cruel phonecall from her a Cassandra Nova possessed Professor X said he was going to do something with Cerebra.

Here's how *I* fix the O5 X-Men, both sets.
TeenJean is set to get the Phoenix eventually, of course, upon which she will gain a higher level of consciousness and become the Zen matriarch that so many fanboys have idolized. No more bratty telepath with a geezer Logan crush. Merging with Phoenix means merging with the identity of the original Jean/Phoenix, only jailbait.
Iceman Sr. has his own mini too, and that will deal with the soulsearching and life reevaluation that will inevitably lead to (1) an embracing of the full-on Omega powers he's long denied (2) a more serious disposition upon recognizing the wasted life up until this point (3) a rededication to the X-Men and a stepping up to be that original team-member leader that the other O5 are... and maybe a (4) involving the discovery of a conspiracy that will shake the X-Me... never mind, too out there.
BabyAngel gets dumped by Laura, because c'mon...
BabyBobby dumps that Inhuman first-relationship mistake. Because everybody needs an arch-ex.
BabyHank works with Doc Strange to cure or control his weredemon, but otherwise quits the dark arts in favor of science.
Blue Gorilla Hank rejoins the Avengers as support staff science guy and X-Men liaison.
Dark Angel remains Magneto's weapon as the killer cyborg mutant that fans never stopped demanding he be...
... am I forgetting anyone?

He's obviously just too cool to care.

Obviously you don't actually know what the mods are really here for.

Yes. It's Galactus calling Blue Marvel out on the fact that he was retconned into the past.

I think it is funny that family guy predicted Iceman being gay

Was't there a story were young cyclops died for a minute and older cyclops disappeared. How do they explain that now

Simple, the timeline hadn't healed itself yet at that point.

So its confimred Jean did brianwash Iceman

This is disgusting and an abomination