I had a father, Thanos. His name was Tony Stark

I had a father, Thanos. His name was Tony Stark.

his name was Robert Paulson

Why are people so fucking obsessed with that voice actor? He's not really all that great.

lmao fucking epic

I don't see why people think its so weird that Peter latch onto Tony

It's a pretty common trope for a father-less child to become attracted to a father figure, especially one he idolizes in any measure (intellect for this particular case)

I like it but hope they have a fall out like in the civil war comic.

Its kind of weird because canonically to all the comics, Peter Parker grew up reading about Captain America, and idolizes Cap even up to the present day, counting captain america's approval of his behavior as one of the most important reasons he continues to fight crime, whereas him and Tony have been at odds literally since they first met, and are vastly differently motivated characters who generally disapprove of each others methods

It's because Iron Man has been the central character of all the MCU and now Spider-Man, THE most popular Marvel character, is suddenly sucking Tony's ass.

It would be like...well, every DC character seems to be a Batman fan, so...

God Speed Spiderman

>Sieg Hiel, Spider-Man
Christ almighty.

But not everyone loves Tony. Even before Civil War, he wasn't the golden boy in everybody's eye.

Every DC character is always talking shit on Batman. Pretty much all the Green Lantern's hate him.

MCU Tony is the Chad who is an asshole to everyone else but people still adore. You know, the one who bullied you in school.

Then he should've latched onto Captain America. The guy he's most alike - powerless kid from New York who was gifted amazing abilities and wants to use them for good, sticking up for the little guy. Tony is the antithesis of that - he's a self centered fuckup who's only power comes from the suits he makes.

His name was Phil.

>pretending this isn't like the comics
>forgetting Spidey's alcoholism arc after he took up teen drinking in imitation of his idol
>forgetting Spidey beating up Hawkeye after an attempted break-in
>forgetting when Peter's webspinners became sentient and took control of his body
>forgetting when Spider-Man became the Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. Junior Division
>forgetting Miles Morales, Peter's gruff ex-military sidekick who uses a spider suit filled with military hardware
>forgetting Peter's numerous battles with ring-wearing Oriental stereotype Venom and giant reptile monster, Fin Fang Curt Connors
>forgetting when Spidey was flung into the past and teamed up with King Arthur to defeat Doctor Octopus

P L E B S
L
E
B
S

Not gonna lie, War Machine Miles seems objectively better than the one we have now

GAY GAY GAY
GAY GAY GAY
Spider-Man, my unkas Tony? GAY GAY GAY
Mesa Spider-Man, my friend is fat? TELL HIM WHO I AM
OH HOH HOH HOH, ME ROBO SPIDER

Fuck this shit

In the movie Miles Morales will be Spider-Man's version of Jarvis. It's an AI but because Peter has a worse budget and materials he had to make the voice from old funk cassette tapes and blaxploitation films so it says shit like "I don't JIVE like that, honky!" and "Time to run a PAIN TRAIN on this bird-lookin mothafucka!"

Cant have anyone representing American ideology though.

Apart from Captain America, also a character in this movie franchise, you mean?

Bernzonger!!!

What have I done?

>The sound of the dinner table consists primarily of knives and forks dinging against the plates.
>Unfortunately, those are the only sounds.
>No talking, just mere silence.
>“...Peter, you’re being awfully quiet tonight. Something on your mind?” asks Aunt May, not used to Peter being this quiet.
>“Hmph!”
>Or this childish…
>He merely picks his food with his fork, sulking at the dinner table.
>Tony raises a brow at the young boy as Aunt May smiles uncomfortably.
>“Teenagers, right?”
>Tony, far too preoccupied with his food, scarfs it down like a starving man as he ignores Aunt May’s words, but not her delightful milf-cleavage.
>“Sure, right, whatever. By the way, what is this again? Italian? French? Eaten so much of both it’s kinda hard to tell the difference.”
>“...It’s tuna.”
>Tony stops for a second.
>“Oh. Hey, Petey, you gonna eat that? No? Ok, lemme take it like I take small businesses and make struggling people bankrupt. It’s ok, though. I’m rich.”
>Peter scowls at him as he scoops the food into his own plate, leaving the young boy with only his brussel sprouts.
>“Don’t call me that,” he murmurs.
>“Callf yew whatff?” says Tony, his mouth full of tuna.
>“Petey! Don’t call me Petey!”
>“Honey, please calm down, I’m sure Tony didn’t--”
>“Peter, shouldn’t you be eating your veggies? That’s what kids do, right?” Tony says, cutting off dear Aunt May.
>Peter stamps his foot.
>“You’re not my uncle!”
>Tony looks at his new ‘nephew’.
>“Now Peter, we’ve talked about this…”
>“Shut up! I hate you! I’m gonna go cuddle my fat asian friend. I-it’s totally not gay, just progressive!”
>Tony sighs.
>“Peter, you’re going to eat your brussel sprouts right now or you’re in big trouble, Mister! Like, “I’ll-sue-and-then-buy-you” big trouble! Am I clear?”

Holy shit, i meant cant have anyone respecting american ideology.

So, having spidey idolize cap is a big no no because modern day thinking is that america is a racist utopia.

Also, cant have anyone idolize someone who is inherently good, gotta have spidey idolize the flawed genius because idolizing the man who only wants to do good and has always done good, is lame. Because pure good is lame and so is america.

But iron man being the most popular MCU character is also a big reason hes spidey's mentor in homecoming.

Sorry im a bit out of it.

because he should be gay for Cap!

>He then looks at May uncertainly, his face askew with confusion.
>“No, seriously, am I clear? I don’t know much about kids. You’re not supposed to feed ‘em after midnight, right?”
> “Yes, Tony. Yes, you’re clear,” Aunt May nods.
>“But I don’t wanna eat my veggies!” screams Peter, slamming his fist on the table.
>He stands from his seat.
>“I hate you, Tony!”
>“Peter, please,” Aunt May begs, “just calm down!”
>“No!”
>Tony folds his arms across his chest.
>“You know, this is why I think we should’ve gotten ourselves shawarma, May. In fact, schwarma has actually been one whole fourth of my entire personality as a character since the attack on New York, I’ll have you know. C’mon, May. Schwarma. We should’ve gotten schwarma.”
>“No! You don’t get to go out with her! She’s my Aunt! Not yours y-you big meanie!”
>Tony smiles.
>“Hey May? Peter’s Spider--”
>“I’M EATING! I’M EATING! PLEASE DON’T TELL, PLEASE DON’T TELL! I WON’T EVEN TELL HER ABOUT THE CAR AND WHAT YOU DID TO MMmemmhhhmpdf--”
>Tony stuffs a spoonful of tuna into Peter’s mouth before he can say more.
>“Heh heh. Teenagers, right?”
>“Did he say you did something to my car…?”
>Tony pauses, brow slick with sweat.
“Uh…”
>“Tony?”
>“UHHHHH….”
KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK!
>“PIZZA TIME!” comes a muffled yell from outside the door.
>“Uh, lemme go get that,” chuckles Tony, and then rises up from his seat with a nervous smile, eating the opportunity to avoid the question up more than Pepper’s Pot.
>HE opens the front door and…
>“Can I PLEASE be in Civil War.”
>“Tobey...Tobey, go home. We stopped filming, like, a billion dollars ago. I mean years. Both.”
>Tobey Maguire proceeds to head home, head hung low.
>And a random Stan Lee pats him on the back, swallowing his life-force, giving the devourer of art another eternity to harvest for future meals.

Amazing.

Man Speed, SpiderGod

I do kinda hate how they're turning Iron Man into Batman.