How does Sup Forums feel about the return of the one true Venom, Sir Edward Brock

How does Sup Forums feel about the return of the one true Venom, Sir Edward Brock

What happened to the edgy 90s guy?

So does he just suddenly not hate the symbiote anymore? Did they talk it out over coffee?

About time.

Costa will have some contrived, stupid reason that won't match up at all with how Eddie was written by Conway and Bunn.

Don't tease me user, Brock Venom was my favorite cape villain.

Pointless.
They is no reason to get back together.
They don't remember that Peter Parker is Spider-Man.
Symbiotes aka Klyntars are not evil and just a bunch of misunderstood dindus (Thanks, Bendis).
The Klyntar has become good and renounced evil.
There's just no point.

Is Red Venom still evil?

they retconned symbiotes so fucking much that I honestly don't know wtf is the point of Venom anymore.

Flash Venom was pretty fucking good. What happened to him?

She-Venom when?!

So has this been a low-key Eddie story the whole time, or did they try to legitimately sell the other guy as the new Venom and realized that they fucked up?

Man, Marvel just can't break away from falling back on the same old fucking characters no matter how much it destroys any development or story.

I'm okay with it this time.

There are two Spideys running around. I liked Flash Venom. Why not have two Venoms running around?

Wait, you mean there's not?
[spoilers]I wasn't sure if the joke worked better like this or with Carnage but I'm too tired to give it much thought[/spoilers]

Mentall illness.

I like that Lee's going to be gone, and Eddie being Venom again would have been my second choice behind Flash, but they're already gonna be ruining him

From the June solicit for #151

• Eddie Brock and the Venom symbiote have been reunited at last – and their hatred of Spider-Man is greater than ever!
• While hunting the friendly neighborhood wall-crawler, Venom comes face-to-face with none other than STEGRON THE DINOSAUR MAN!
• Can Venom postpone feasting on Spider-Man’s brain long enough to stop Stegron from turning everyone in New York into a bloodthirsty dinosaur?!

They're literally throwing over a decade of character development into the garbage

Low-Key in the same way an elephant taking a shit in the middle of a parade is low-key.
Costa says he wrote Sasuke edgy on purpose to showcase the symbiot's changed status and POV. Which for him is apparently that of a beaten wife.
Now Eddie shows up and their uber autism magnetically pulls them together and something something something stupid bullshit because Costa went to the Bendis school of not reading comics something something edgy something WTF I hate Spiderman now!
Not kidding.
My brother is a huge eddiefag and I'm trying to tell him 'just stay away man. Don't do it to yourself." Shit is legit bad yo.

when Mary Jane becomes venom in renew your vows

>Eddie Brock and the Venom symbiote have been reunited at last – and their hatred of Spider-Man is greater than ever!

Wait, doesn't nobody, including Brock or the symbiote, know that Pete is Spider-Man?

What exactly is the basis for Brock's hatred now?

>going back to hating Spidey MORE THAN EVER

Why? Why can't we just have Eddie doing things like he did as Lethal Protector? Or as Anti-Venom? I just want the crazy guy trying to prove that he's good despite his looks and mannerisms.

Dash Venom?

>Flash Venom
say who what where?

can i get a title and list of issues? that sounds fun

They mean Agent Venom aka Spidey's old bully Eugene "Flash" Thompson.

oh word, already read all that. guess i just didn't make the connection

i thought we were talking some sort of DC/Marvel flash/venom crossover meme. now that would be interesting.

>Mary Jane in Amazing Spider-Man Renew Your Vows is going to get the symbiote before fucking Spider-Gwen!
Holy fucking shit! Why are Latour and Robbi so fucking lazy?!!! Just get to Gwenom, you fucks!

Marvel's missing their chance to cash in on the trans craze and have a male She-Venom host.

How are Eddie and the Symbiote even going to hate Spidey enough to want to eat his brains? They don't even know he's Peter Parker. How is he suppose to even be a threat?

Did they already kill off/ditch the last guy already? Last I checked they were teasing a Scorpion fight.

Someone post that infuriating first page where aliens with symbiotes have spider logos

I feel like a fool for using that damn Monkey's Paw. That's not the Venom I wanted back.

I was fine with it, happy even, until the solicits revealed they've also regressed his characterization by about 25 years too.

I haven't read comics in a while. None of Peter's villains know his identity anymore?

>"He is the chosen one."

I love how ridiculous comics are.

>female venom host turning host into a chick
I can only get so errect

Eddie does some soul-searching and realizes all of his rage and aggression is due to gender misidentification. Deep down he always knew he was a woman but had been fighting it for years.

With realization comes acceptance and, once he bonds with the symbiote again, he takes on a female form. She then has a frank discussion with Spider-Man about their past and their relationship, and they both agree that Spidey must fuck her so they can finally put their enmity behind them.

You lost me until that last sentence

Ock does

How could a comic even be written about Anti-Venom

Awful. Both Eddie and the symbiote are back to square one, and they're both being written by Costa.

Remember when Venom almost killed Superman by shoving parts of the symbiote down his throat?

Marvel
>here's an original idea
>shit we don't know what the fuck were doing with it and squander ir
>sales drop
>y-you'll be happy to know we're retcon in everything back six steps and bringing back coke classic. You're welcome. Now eat it up you whores!
>sales eventually drop when fans realize this is the same shit
>"how about a fresh idea to shake it up"
> repeat

Flash venom, say what you will but it inherently had to be different at least. For awhile it was and it did well, then they handed it to a writer that fucked things up a bit and it was clear they didn't know what the fuck they were doing

So they being back coke classic, except you know what they'll do with it. Inherently they will end up bringing it back to the old status quo. It might not be entirely the same, but it will drag both their character arcs back unto negation. Just like when flash had recently taken on the suit and they made him act like old venom around spiderman because they didn't care that it was diffwrent. You know some writer is itching to not give a shit thst either character has changed recently, and drag them back to the stone age.

When I say Flash story was different, I mean that in a good way for the most part. "Different" does not inherently mean good or interesting as writers had to learn recently.

Eddie getting back the suit is still a godsend compared to the shit idea and shit host they attempted for like five issues recently thst everyone hated.

Lee did the impossible and somehow made Venom even edgier

MJ Venom Ftw

Fuck...I completely forgot about RYVs. Is it holding up?

Pretty good Annie May is cute

Meh. I like eddie but costa is pure shit. Also I already miss agent venom. Hopefully flash will get the clone venom or one of the alt venoms in venomverse.

>want mania to come back, but afraid they will make her shit or put her on a team full of teenagers

>she will never mount and straddle you
>she will never hold you down and open her mouth exposing her long dripping tongue
>she will never tongue fuck your throat with it
>she will never tease all your holes with perfectly sized tendrils
>ALL of them
why live

Sales are solid but next to marvel's nosedive it looks fantastic. There's hope marvel looks at it's successe and copys it for a return to form for other titles.
HAHAHAHAHAHA! NOPE! Who am I kidding? Marvel's going to bring back the original heroes and take a huge shit on them to double down on the diversity push because nobody can admit they made a mistake. Fuck.

Disagree. Flash Venom was the worst of all possible worlds.

The idea of Flash and the Symbiote would work if you take the notion that the symbiote possesses Flash against his will and purposely midrapes Flash into going back to hating Peter/Spidey for the various reasons he hated him in the early days (amped up with Flash losing his legs and being pissy that America doesn't give a shit about him being a vet/that Peter is whole while Flash is a gimp being cosmicly unfair).

The idea of the symbiote, pissed off it was mindraped when OMD/OMIT happened, would explicitly mindrape Flash to turn him evil AND a murderer would at least give ASM a much needed new villain that would have been far better than Slott's ultra fucking evil-evil take on Doctor Octopus.

Hell, evil Flash Venom could have made for a better segway for Superior Spider-Man: Venom has killed all sort of people, including Silver Sable and nearly killed Black Cat and shit. Dr Octopus has found a way to kill the symbiote but Venom mortally wounds him and Peter is forced to do a mind swap to ensure Otto builds he weapon to kill Venom.

Flash Venom dies but Peter passes away before Otto can switch bodies back and he's now stuck in Peter's body. And since Otto didn't initiate the mind swap and Otto killed Venom, he decides to become a hero to repent for his sins and make Peter's sacrifice worthwhile by becoming a Superior Spider-Man

Why are Flashfags so obsessed with Flash being "Venom", he never was , just like Miles will never be Spider-Man

Wouldn't you rather your character have an original alias

Flash Venom was heroic Venom without Brock's laundry list of murders and autism that made it had to legit take Eddie serious as a hero

This post.

Flash was basically neutered Venom. Heroic in a generic sense with none of the edgy bullshit that made people retroactively hate Venom and Marvel making him a hero at the height of the Dark Age

>Wouldn't you rather your character have an original alias

Not at the expense of all that character's progression. And Flash wasn't a shitty replacement for Brock. You can't compare Flash to these token replacements with zero depth outside of them being a minority or gay. Miles' sole purpose is to spark debate and make headlines in order to grab more readers.

I always considered Flash "Agent Venom" not "Venom"

besides, Eddie was better as Anti-Venom.

>Flash Venom was heroic Venom without Brock's laundry list of murders and autism that made it had to legit take Eddie serious as a hero
So, everything the Venom fanbase never wanted

Venom fans liked him as an anti-hero, it's Marvels fault they squandered the character, he never stopped being popular or having a fanbase

i miss anti venom
rip in piece

I dunno, I've always liked Eddie, but I also liked that Marvel actually allowed the character to progress instead of staying in a rut forever. "I hate Spider-Man" gets really old when you have a weak motivation and no other reason for hating him

He had a miniseries. Plus a bunch of short stories and a couple arcs in ASM.

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

How the hell does someone write a story about anyone?

nobody hates lethal protector faggit

but you do have an alien lifeform with problems to empathize with human life, serious dependency and affective issues not to mention a history of murder even longer than Brock's and a literal taste for human flesh
Flash series missed a lot of chances to give the symbiote actual weight as a proper charater, and what little it did it just went to shit with space knight
At least the Eddie "autistic" dinamic gives credence to the fact that the charactr is supposed to be two beings in a single body

Venom moved past that, when his goal became being a "lethal protector"

He's lewd.

Hard

You say that yet I've seen many people outraged they're getting rid of Flash solely because Marvel is dumping a war vet amputee for an able bodied Brock, never mind the fact that Lee came in between the two.

Yeah, but then they made him hate Spider-Man again when Ann killed herself and he blamed Spider-Man. And then again when the symbiote "permanently" bonded to him again.

They kept going back to the same dried up well that is "we hate Spider-Man" because they couldn't think of anything interesting to do with the character. And now we're going back to that well again instead of exploring what Eddie and the symbiote's new relationship could be.
What? Agent Venom explored Flash's relationship with the symbiote plenty. And Spaceknight only continued to explore that.

Marvel keeps handing off to writers who have no idea of continuity or how to handle it and let their editors sleep on the job.

God that is more contrived than Venom's original monologue about why he is "Venom"

Bump

I thought Flash Venom was great. See, you have Flash, who's Spiderman's greatest fan. The problem is that - while he'd love to live up to Spiderman's example - he's a flawed person who can't.

So when he BECOMES Spiderman, he's a horribly flawed version of Spiderman (but not without a nobility of his own) that's constantly making his own life worse. I really liked how the first arc had him running into Spidey but being oblivious.

It was great, but too many crossovers killed the series.

Exactly! Both Brock and the symbiote had a lot of development ever since they separated. And now they are putting them together back into the old guy obssessed with destroying Spidey? Come on!!!

>edgy bullshit
Eddie was never edgy. He was campy. There is a difference. Want edge? Go read the Lee Price issues.

Anti-venom doesn't exist any more.

>who have no idea of continuity
This. Costa was fucking shit up in the first sentence of page #1 on his run.

Having said that, the #150 preview spread (pic related) is actually amazing. Hopefully this isn't the only good page in the whole issue.

Flash beating himself up despite being a genuinely good man is interesting.
The way SpaceKnight handled it is not.

>Eddie getting back the suit is still a godsend compared to the shit idea and shit host they attempted for like five issues recently thst everyone hated.

Did you directly bring up New and Classic Coke while falling for the most deliberate New Coke stunt in comics? Lee was designed to make you accept the backpedal to Eddie.

I've read every single Venom mini series and i think Flash's run (under Remender at least) is the best one.
A shame it went to shit with Venom Space Knight and the current 2edgy4u Sasuke Venom.

Because agent venom is great. Stop being a faggot. You can like both.

Remender's Flash run was great. But it was no Seperation Anxiety, The Hunger, The Madness, The Enemy Within or Nights of Vengeance. All of those minis were way better than Remender's run.

I mean that's fine and all, but Venom has never EVER managed to actually live up to his debut teasers.

We had a villain that was bigger, faster, stronger and better than Spider-Man in every turn. He could blend in to any environment. He didn't trigger Spidey's spider-sense. He knew everything about Peter's life. He pushed Pete in front of a train, cut his webbing from a great height, he terrorized MJ in their home. He was Parker's biggest mistake coming back to haunt him in the most personal way. There was such a cerebral threat to Venom that never was never capitalized on. He's the only one that can attack Pete's personal life and he never did after his first appearance. For what Venom can do, he's way more of a horror character compared to most of the other Spidey rogues.

One day some one may write the story Venom deserves. Until then, Venom will have to deal with the face that none of his stories come close to touching Carnage's minis over the last 10 years.

>what happened to Flash Venom

Bendis

The guy is damn right. Venom has a nice concept but unfortunately was never been written that well.

>He's the only one that can attack Pete's personal life and he never did after his first appearance.
Not only have you not read many Venom appearances, you don't read many Spider-Man comics at all (probably comics in general, too), do you?

This whole post reads like a turbo casual just skimmed over the wikia article on Venom.

>We're
I'm sold already

There was only 5 years between ASM #301 and when he went full Lethal Protector in 1993. Even before then he was an anti-hero during the Carnage arc in 1992. He'd called a truce with Pete in something like his 3rd appearance in 1991. Venom was NOT a villain for very long. He was a villain in his first appearance. In his second appearance (which wasn't exactly noteworthy) and for his third on an attack on Pete's "parents." By that point they'd introduced the Carnage symbiote and he had a fourth a final battle on that tropical island. From there he was a full anti-hero thanks to Lethal Protector and Maximum Carnage. He only really had one last hurrah as a true villain with The Exile Returns (but that was only because it wasn't Peter in the Spidey-costume at the time.)

So unless there's a treasure trove on villainous Venom appearances post 1993 (in comics, I know in SSM, Ultimate Spidey and SM:TAS he was all those things, but they're outside of 616) then he wasn't really the villain he could have been.

>laura with a symbiote
Muh dick

She's the focus of issue #1. Pic related is the cover.

>He'd called a truce with Pete in something like his 3rd appearance in 1991.

He doesn't call a truce until ASM #375 (published in 1993). And was in 26 issues between 300 and 375 (including guest appearances in other character's books, like Darkhawk, Quasar and Spirits Of Vengeance). All of which he was a straight up villain.

He also goes back to being a straight up villain post-Clone Saga (in the second volume of ASM) stuff and acted as a villain toward Ben Reilly. And Brock has played a villain role till he sold the symbiote in Millar's Marvel Knights run (at which point both Angelo and Gargan continued on in villainous roles).

So aside from his brief stint as an anti-hero during the mid to late 90s, the majority of the character's existence has been in a villain role.

They were all boring and had some bad artwork to me.
Also, at least Agent Venom about Flash dealing with his addiction to the symbiote and booze, unlike what this user posted
Wich just made it tiresome to keep up with Eddie.
Eddie did have the best look back when McFarlane introduced him though.

Nice