Unsounded

Another consecutive page of toplessness.
Ashley truly is the lewdest.

Wonder where he got that dramatic streak from.

I always have to read RIP several times when it is written like this before figuring out the meaning.

Is Minnow gonna catch Chitz? Will she steal it?

>matty's cute little tummy
Lewd indeed

Quigs' lack of worry either means he's a bad dad or an experienced one.

probably both

He has ample experience in being a horrible father.

I'm afraid Chitz is gone for good

His mom definitely, his dad could never pull the stick out of his ass to make so much as a puppet.

So how ballistic is Sette going to go on Minnow for "drowin her ma"?

Why couldn't this have just been a pleasant SoL comic like this? Why must there be pain?

Pleasure without pain is meaningless

DOWN WITH TYRANTS!

Life contains both great horror and great beauty. Real, true art should likewise contain both things.

Ashley blatantly softening us up before something horrible happens in subsequent pages.

Because the pain gives happiness context

Because suffering is the necessary counterpoint to pleasure

Because fuck you

Sette impales Minnow in the tit in revenge for killing her mom, Then her Jivi,and the Quiglies being barbaric geffendur zealots consuming Minnow's flesh as is their custom while Duane looks on in horror.

>matty fanservice
Isn't he like 6?

8 so about a quarter of the way through his life

Oh yeah I forgot they only live to be like 30. He should get laid already.

Matty's smiling, don't care

Matty's a fatty, who knew?

That's why Quiggs needs the money, to keep Matty fat and content.

I want Sette to give him a pink belly. We didn't get enough Sette on Matty bullying and I fear we will see no more.

I want to see Matty start cursing due to Sette's bad influence on him. Also maybe failing to steal stuff.

Sette is just going to offload her haul onto him.
Who the fuck suspects the small blind kid?

Just a little chubby, enough to cuddle.

Matty is NOT for bully, delet this

Healthy kids typically look like this.

>not starving your kids

Kids only got 30 years to live he should indulge himself.

maybe if they're latino and not on the run

Shouldn't they be getting read for the nearby battle that Duane mentioned last month?

Hello duane

This was a really nice comfy page

>pre-Unsounded Minnow was an overly friendly nympho who befriended and slept around with all sorts of waterfront humans
>Ashley has confirmed Unsounded Minnow is not the same
>normal naiads are narcissistic capricious monsters who literally drown and eat sailors, sometimes while copulating with them
>Minnow is in the water
>Matty is in the water
>Matty is a delicious milk-fed human snack
>this is written by Ashley "kill every child, let the gore run wild" Cope

RIP Matty. I'm prepared for the next two dozen pages to be a horrific evisceration of the innocents by a violence-crazed water murderess

All right, I've had enough of this "Ashley kills children" shit.

The only child Ashley has ever killed in-comic is Mikaela, and that only happened in one of Duane's flashbacks. In the current time of the comic, Ashley has not killed a single child. She hasn't even killed any of the major characters yet, assuming Toma and Elka are still alive. Ashley's pretty pointedly not killed any of them.

Someone had forgotten the weaponized silver is formed from the bodies of tortured slaves. Including several children.

Silver children. A little girl is molested and killed in the first chapter.

Quigley is an Ald. Being dramatic is in their blood. His drama has simply turning black over the years.

Ashley killed a girl in the second chapter, and numerous children in Ethelmik

That's true. Sette and and Jivi have only been beaten up, imprisoned and tortured.

If I recall correctly, though who knows of what I read is or isn't from the RP or not, Unsounded Minnow fell in love with a human once and this basically fucked her up for life, Last Unicorn Style. Naiads are senet beasts, and typically pair up, though not necessarily permanently, with the cloud/wind/whatever men depicted on the chapter cover here. But she fell in love with a human and presumably after he died in one way or another she's just kind of not into it any more. It being Naiad things.

The cover further more depicts all the Naiads looking at, going to, or embracing the wind dudes, except for Minnow.

what a cute butt

AND molested! Don't forget that!

Wait was Jivi molested?

Oh, hell, she's going to fall in love with Duane, isn't she? The perfect man, except that he's dead and pining for the wife and child he's lost.

We'll give Starfish the benefit of the doubt on that one. But no little girl goes unmolested around The Fish.

That man is candy for senet beasts.

There was a time before Unsounded?

Apparently Duane's "condition", plus his tragic life experiences combine to give his soul qualities akin to senet beast cat nip. That's my theory anyway.

Whatever it is, it won't lead to anything consensual. But what else is new in Unsounded.

Sette is just jealous of Matty's belly button and nipples

My prediction for the next page is that Jivi is going to jump in to save Chitz and get acquainted with Minnow.
Also, I wonder, how far is the reach of Chitz magic connection to Matty. Is Matty only able to see when it touches him? Or will he be enjoying the great view underwater once Chitz is lost?

But will he introduce himself by pissing on her?

Everyone's wondering about Minnow's interactions with Duane or Sette, even Matty, but it's Quigley who is bitter as fuck for being a short lived firefly, and along comes this fucking blue immortal. I'm curious to see how he reacts to her.

Dont know where you are coming from. We've yet to see him lament about his short lifespan at all. His problem is being too mercantile and bitter about being poor.
Why would plats be jealous of senet beasts when everyone can be jealous of litteraly everyone else: whats a plats lifespan to a golds, whats a golds lifespan to a coppers, whats a coppers lifespan to a senet beasts and so on.
And considering there is reincarnation for everyone but senet beasts, it really doesnt matter. You either live eternally in different bodies until second coming of Yerta/Ssael or you live a very long life once.

>We've yet to see him lament about his short lifespan at all
We haven't seen him lament it on page, but we do know Matty's mother related to Matty that Quigley thought their situation was unfair.

Maybe Quigley will grill some mermaid.

I forgot about this one, but then Quigley should only hate Alderodes government and Dama-khert (which he does). He has no beef with other "races", but opposes government that forces them to live in shitty villages, send their kids to war and leeches off their lifeforce.

Depends on age and activity. Only potatoes retain pudginess much past toddler years.

He's bitter about everything. About living for only 30 years, about losing his wife, about being on the run constantly, about having to raise a child

Truth.

Don't forget being bitter about Matty liking Duane better than him.

>medieval fantasy
>shotas not bathing in the nude
suspension of disbelief shattered.

Jesus, what the fuck is up with their necks?

That's really disturbing.

>Medieval fantasy
In a setting that has fax machines and AI.

Some kids are just pudgy until they're about 9 or 10. It's where the term "Baby fat" comes from.

It comes from potatoes being coddled. Baby fat is for babies

Yes, and?

Fanservice for us fans who want to see him happy and have some semblance of a childhood.

Being around children who aren't being used as silver smuggling mules.

Why wouldn't he? Duane has principles.

It's a semipermeable layer of jelly over their chest that they breathe through.

Right, but Quigley is still going to be pissed off about it.

did you just have that lying around in case you needed it?

>The only child Ashley has ever killed in-comic is Mikaela
Did you forget Cara?

This comic is going to end up being a harem manga with Duane and a bunch of monster girls isn't it?

>Dont know where you are coming from. We've yet to see him lament about his short lifespan at all
Nigger are you kidding me?
His whole "insect" aesthetic that he has going on with his cloak and custom spells?
That's because "insect" is a slur for plats because they are short lived, in the side stories he never wanted to get to know matti since he would never get to see him grow up and he resented never getting to know his dad for the same reason.
He is beyond mad about his short life.

Not really medieval considering that their understanding of pure science is actually worse than our dark ages but in terms of actual tech they have access to it's even more advanced than what we have now in some ways.

He just doesn't actually care for his son, because he has no soul

I don't think "pure science" is a term you can apply to a universe where you can fuck the laws of physics by mumbling words

Fair enough but I needed something to differentiate technology with a real world basis (like wagons or steam power, or metal forging) from tech that is entirely based in pymary.

>She hasn't even killed any of the major characters yet

I mean, you're probably right. Elan wasn't a major character objectively. But fuck you all the same.

>blood of plats
Did you mean Crescians?
Duane doesn't have a hatred of plats afaik

Duane led a battalion of plat child soldiers to war against Cresce when he was younger, many of them died.

Yeah, and? You think he recruited them himself or something?

You asked what the "blood of plats" was a reference to, I answered the question, that's it

I'm sure Duane did the best he could to protect them. I can't wait for the story of it, Ashley said there's an army story coming up about Duane and his brother back in their glory days.

stand in for the standard "Blood of patriots"

It's not meant to be a bloodthirsty thing, but a sacrifice thing.

They understand they're world insanely well actually.

Like, they're straight up CORRECT about what happens to you after death. And they're understanding of natural laws via manipulation of the Khert makes them leagues beyond where we were in the 12 and 1300s

It's not a quaint incorrect notion when that's actually how their world functions.

Unsounded is brilliant in that you can't really pigeonhole its setting in a particular Earthian time period. It's fully realized high fantasy. It exists as its own thing, in its own universe, following its own internally logical timeline. You just sound retarded when you make too many Earth comparisons.

However they have little to no understanding of germ theory, or viral infections, they don't understand genetics in anyway either.
Their understand of physics is extremely basic (of course it may not even be applicable in their world for all we as the readers know)

I too would like this pressing question answered

I wonder how relevant genetics actually are when khert0fuckery can pop out plats coppers etc. Do genetics even work how it does irl?

If Chitz is sitting securely on his left shoulder, the vision corresponds to the position of Matty's eyes. When Chitz gets picked up or goes flying, it's roaming Chitz-O-Vision until he gets him back in place or something covers up the button eyes.

Pretty much. The consequences of the early discovery that reality runs on computer language with a verbal interface option does in any specific comparison.