Why isn't she sexual? Why does Hollywood need to cater everything to sensitive fags...

Why isn't she sexual? Why does Hollywood need to cater everything to sensitive fags? Battle Angel Alita was an ultra-violence sexy action manga.
This movie will flop.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/NeillBlomkamp/status/939266869382361088
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1512772066226.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Pretty sure ultra violent sexy action doesn't do well anymore (especially if it would cost a lot to make)

Literally who the anime. Only amerigoblins watched this

the ovas aren't sexual at all

the love part is real innocent, two 12 yo kids in love (but that they are assassins)

Because it's gonna become a story about mystery child being special and saving everyone from the evil Zalem and how she is and independant spirit and nobody owns her, not Ido for saving her life not Hugo for being in love with her nor Chiren for building her in the first place.

>in deadpool the main character gets buttfucked

>Pretty sure ultra violent sexy action doesn't do well anymore

>makes tons of money

Studio had no confedence in it hence why they slashed their budget

fuck the ovas, they are as garbage as this

cameron is a smart businessman. he's aiming this flick at the normie young adult empowered riotgrrl audience. the same demographic that made hungergames fuckhueg.

Because once they get over a certain budget they need to be PG-13.

I think both IT and Deadpool proves this wrong, to a degree, but they were both in the 50 mil range and IT only made it to around 500 mil.

This movie has a 200 mil budget and they will drop at least 100 on marketing. It needs to do like 600-800 mil business. I think Deadpool managed it, but I guess the risk is just too big.

Maybe if Cameron actually directred it, it would have gotten the go ahead for a Hard R. He got R's for things like T2 back in the day.

but it's obvious that it is based in the OVAs

I don't understand why Rodriguez is directing such a movie

The actual Manga source is so rodriguez. He lovs gore and shit like the manga but this is jyst not it

it's based on the OVA anime, not the manga

hence she doesn't have the metal parts on her cheek

this and keep in mind that cameron literally bought the WORLDWIDE LIFETIME rights to the gunnm anime just so he could keep it out of circulation and make his flick look more original.

rodriguez hasn't had a hit flick since the first sin city. everything he's done since has been a huge box office bomb. he's doing this to gain some much-needed industry credibility. also he's been friends with cameron since the el mariachi days so that for sure played a role.

>female:stuck in wall

The only anime this got was a 60 minute OVA. The manga however is 1000 pages or so and Last Order is still going I think

This looks super retarded though, all the other people look normal but then she gets a strange alien tier head

She didn't have those metal parts early on anyway

It doesn't seem any more in line with the OVA than the manga. This is the same shit they pulled with GiTs when people claimed that actually it was more like XYZ then it turns out to be it's own shitty thing.

>Deadpool
>Ultraviolent
Lame CG blood and a couple of fucks here and there don't count

last order is finished. kishiro now has a new alita series called mars chronicle that is ongoing. there's enough material for at least a dozen movies.

Isn't the OVA just a very compact version of the first part though. They go through the same stuff but some things are omitted. I think it ended in that part where they started to climb the cable and that's like halfway through the first book

Oh yeah Mar Chronicle. I was reading Last Order at some point but that was a long time ago and I can't remember where I was, need to finish it some time

last order is so damn bad, how is it that mars thing?

this one is for you buddy

I dropped last order around chapter 14 because it it became a mess of barely tangential stories going in every direction. Does it get better after that or does it continue introducing more characters, more backstory, more ancient plot, and more ongoing events?

twitter.com/NeillBlomkamp/status/939266869382361088
lol

Flashbacks and backstories: the manga
I thing it's very good. But then again, I love LO.

> more characters, more backstory, more ancient plot, and more ongoing events?
Yes. That's the best though.

mmm... ok, what do you think about the original manga?

motorball thing bored me in the original and I hated tournaments in last order (and those shitty clones and the vampire and a lot more)

I don't have too much time to read a manga and hate it at half...

Original is one of the best things out there and Kishiro was a genius before he completely lost his marbles. The agent arc is my favorite.

The movie is gonna focus mostly on the motorball arc though.

maybe too much, but I'll give it chance. thank you!

it has its moments

>motorball thing bored me in the original

Same

And here's me who even bought Ashen Victor back in the day.

I don't know how I would feel about it now if I reread it. But generally I think that type of racing stuff works better animated

Alita manga isn't remotely sexual. Unless you count anything with cute women in it as being sexual. The only naked bodies you see are de-brained corpses and the like, and there's not a single scene of fucking in the whole thing. Uh, I guess Desty Nova's female assistant was sexy.

Burgers can't handle sex in anime/manga because it is usually underage (or appears underage even if they are 1000 years old).

Western cinema today is fucking cancer. Leon would never have got a release today without substantial cuts.

there was a time when i fucking loved battle angel alita. i stopped reading at some part during last order i think.

it's not a great manga, honestly. Alita is cute and there's some decent action, but that's really all it offers.

there's no way this doesn't flop. there's just not enough meat there in the story to hold it up for western audiences, especially if they de-sexualize her.

>Unless you count anything with cute women in it as being sexual

Western audiences will count that as being sexual.

more

Man everyone who got hooked on her story knows LO had a rough start. The guy had to reconnect with her her, even relearn drawing. Not as in the switch to digital was rough but relearn the art entirely he had been so sucked up in some depression. She looked like shit and was offcharacter and the tuned androids splitting off into exagarated aspects of her is some meta way of coming to grips with his work again. You know, working harder on her cutsey side bunnies and splitting off the masculinity and casting it off in sechs. Mars Chronicle is even greater than the original in all aspects.

>early LO
>She looked like shit
Are you high? She never looked as good as at the start of LO.

>it's not a great manga, honestly. Alita is cute and there's some decent action, but that's really all it offers.
But it is great. The first volume or so is sort of wonky, but it hits its stride halfway through the motorball arc and tiphares agent parts are peak manga. It's not 2deep4u or anything, but the art is great, the world and scenery are great, alita is a really fun character beyond being cute, other characters are pretty good to amazing, and all the action, gore and cyborg violence is fantastic. Last order and everything forwards is mediocre though, but that original run was fantastic.

She looked like a mishappend footballhead with pinocchio nose. Her 3/4 panels were an eyesore.

>and all the action, gore and cyborg violence is fantastic

I will agree with that. It's a good manga for watching cyborgs beat the shit out of each other, and the art is pretty good.

It's fun. basically the popcorn flick equivalent for manga.

if the live action movie just has robots killing each other in creative ways then maybe it won't flop.

>alita is a really fun character beyond being cute

no.

i disagree - really enjoyed them. It's a really nice setting and the designs are cool imo

I wonder what he saw in the depths of the mind in that scene. Kishiro made it out to be important yet never came back to it.

>no.
Why not? She's multifaceted and grows as a person constantly without becoming annoying at any point. Please explain what you don't like about her.
Probably nothing good, Novas experiments generally do not have pleasant lives.

Maybe you should read it again to truly see how good she looks.

Wait a minute.
Afaik the brain has no pain receptors.

They're investing 200 million to this. There's no way they'd go R-rated.

>She's multifaceted

lmao bad choice of words. she's LITERALLY not multifaceted. she makes the same fishlip face in every panel. she's not emotive at all.

her character progression quickly tapers out early on. she goes from fragile cyborg skeleton to killing machine in just a few chapters, and she stays a killing machine for the rest of the manga.

the third panel is not an expression of pain, it's just the brain firing randomly due to being destroyed

The first volumes has some "alita cute/in love" shit. That's it, before the sports arc.

>she makes the same fishlip face in every panel.
confirmed for not reading the manga

Just because she's a killing machine throughout doesn't mean that she's static. Volume 1 alita is not the same as motorball arc alita, which is not the same as pre-zapan alita, which is not the same as early tipharean agent alita, which is not the same as late tipharean agent alita, which is not the same as last order alita (but then she turned into a bit of a dour cunt).

First book's about Makaku, which the anime condenses by throwing out all of the villain's side of the story. Second book's about her relationship with Hugo and her time as a hunter.

>They still don't believe in Jim

They're making wank fodder into something that normal people can watch together in a public place, obviously there will never be a Hollywood movie that resembles manga.

Cameron's *trilogy* vision will end at the motorball arc, if they let any more get made after this one.

>wank fodder
only if you're into guro
it's barely sexual except for the protagonist being hot

Mars is finished now.

Last translated chapter I read came out like three weeks ago and was not anywhere near finishing, are you talking out of your ass or are the translations way behind?

I did. She does.

The OVA added a sex scene and tiddies that weren't in the manga, what are you on about?

But yeah Alita herself has always had that sort of "cusp of womanhood" thing going on. Sexy but not really sexual outside of some teen crushes and Yugo and Figure Four

My god, if they go with it and have 3 movies for Mamaku + Motorball. Zalem Agent and Barjack revolution it'll be insane. A pure kino trilogy that'll eclipse LotR.
>mfw

The railway cannon scenes would be such a fucking spectacle holy shit

Except for being based around drawings that are intended to sexually arouse you, it's not sexual. Glad you clarified that.

OVA added the pointless Tipherean lady, who's in the movie

>We'll never get rollerball or Sechs
>If we do it'll be bug-eyed Pixar wanna be feel good shit

I was so hype for this before yesterday

>tiddies that weren't in the manga
So nothing of value is lost.

Just because the protagonist is an attractive woman doesn't mean that it's wank fodder, you're being dense. There's a handful of panels spread across 9 volumes that come across as fanservice, otherwise she's barely being sexualized except for looking fine as fuck.

This isn't fucking remotely true

Alita is a great character who makes some really human choices throughout the series, succeeds, fails, experiences loss, starts anew, falls in love and gets over it and falls in live again. The manga does a great job of balancing her muder-machine loves-to-battle side with her teenage girl side, and she dies unquestionably continue to mature through the manga.

Like Alita's ine of the more realistic character I've read jn a sci-fi manga.

I'm confused about what you're implying here, but I hope it's that the OVA was shit and added a bunch of unnecessary shit

Alita isn't for lewd, she's a classy tumor.

I confess there was a period in my puberty when I imitated the style and gesture of this manga

Not a bad style to imitate; not even the original artist can imitate it any more

anime can't be kin..

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1512772066226.webm

Pretty much, yes. And skipped a lot of important shit too.

I'd say the only noteworthy sexual moment in Battle Angel manga is when a giant monster rape fights a couple hyper-masculine kung-fu cyborgs.

I can with certainty say that this comic is the dumbest fucking thing I've ever read, and not in a good way.

>Does it bother you that I'm not completely human?

NEITHER IS ANYONE ELSE IN LIKE A 200 MILE RADIUS THAT'S WHY FIGURE FOUR WAS SPECIAL REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>everything he's done since Sin City has been a bomb

what has he actually done since Sin City?

I thought he was devoting his time to his tv channel?

that's not sexy faggot

>speedreaders

This page fuckin' proves my point
"Being a cyborg is taken for granted around here"

Even Yugo has his brother's hand

but alita expressed the same sentiment in both the trailer and the comic goddamn user don't be daft

No, the fact that she's an attractive woman in manga makes it wank fodder. She's drawn to make you hard. Only a *handful* of frames of her pantied snatch, eh? That's surely all you need.

you're digging your own hole bro, a human graft doesn't make you a cyborg

You having perfect world knowledge doesn't mean the character does.

Don't children learn this by like 4 years old? Are you an autist user?

She's clearly drawn to be "fine", you said that yourself. There are many ways of drawing a woman non-sexually. There are none in manga. Manga is for wanking.

>believing in a commie faggot
k

>why aren't women in fiction uglier
literally a sjw position

Not to Yugo because that would be fuckin retarded

Did I say cyborg, nigger?

Stop wanking to Alita. That's what Shumira's for.

No, I didn't say that, I said that manga women are all sexual. You can draw a pretty girl without sexualizing her - unless you work in manga. You've confirmed there's fanservice, the OP complains she's been desexualized, manga's long record of being wank fodder remains unbroken.

>You can draw a pretty girl without sexualizing her - unless you work in manga.

i think he means imitating the manga in real life, he should kill himself