Dunkirk

Dunkirk was a pile of shit. It was the movie equivalent of eating plain grits.

Prove me wrong Protip..You can't

Other urls found in this thread:

les-crises.fr/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/sondage-nation-contribue-defaite-nazis.jpg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietnam_War_in_film#Feature_films
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Wrong

There was no substance, it was nonstop idiotic clamor mixed with cliche despairing soldiers.

>Substance
:^) ebin

it's a movie for brits to jerk themselves off

>muh plot

>t. female

nazi pls

It's not a book faggot. Movie as an visual medium

Dunkirk is the kind of movie pearl harbor should have been if pearl harbor was ever going to be considered good.

Best movie of the year. Prove me wrong.

Let me guess did you cry at the end when newspaper listed the one kid as a "local hero" fulfilling his dying wish.

>visual medium
and it somehow failed at that too...

what a year, a bunch of capeshit trash

Pearl Harbor never happend just like the holohoax.

are you from an alternate reality?

No, felt satisfied with the end

I'm from my reality, which I'm assuming everyone else lives in to.

sure, if the year is not this year

Dunkirk 2
Tom hardy escapes concentration camp to firebomb Dresden

this

>the virgin brit
makes movie about soldiers running away from a military disaster

>the chad americans
make movies about winning ww2 single handedly

This movie was excellent visually

Realistic historical film meant to starkly depict the harrowing experience of soldiers during a crucial event in one of the west's most important wars.
Nothing more, nothing less.

Aside from the pro-allied bias and post-war revisionism just from an artistic POV Atonement did a much better job depicting the whole Dunkirk beach setting

That tracking shit was right on par with russian ark and children of men

If you didn't like it, you are one of the following
A. A female
B. A nigger
C. An American
D. A redditor

what black american women from plebbit believe

name one rememberable shot without going back to look for it. protip: you can't

The first shot of the entire beach.
That first bombing sequence.
All the dutch angles when the boats are sinking with water filling up the screen from the side.
That shot of all the soldiers on the mole ducking before the Stuka bombs them.
Almost any rear view of the dogfights.
Spitfire gliding above the lads on the beach.
Spitfire burning up with the big guy in silhouette.

Also protip: good visuals are not about making "epic" memorable shots but telling the story in the best possible way visually

>he doesn't like watching boats sink and counting remaining gallons

This. There was nothing noteworthy in the movie.

My favorite scene was when the soldiers were in the sinking boat and were plugging the bullet holes with their fingers.

I saw Dunkirk in imax and I was beutiful. Absolutely beautiful.
Me and my 2 buddys saw it in an nearly empty theater with only like 5 other people there. Had some beers and tacos b4.. fun day.
Epic, best movie I have ever seen as far as visuals go, I wish i could see a movie like Lawrence of Arabia on a big screen, and I'm glad I caught this one.
Didn't know what anybodys name was, wasnt much of a story, but it didn't matter. Anyone who watched on their laptop didn't get it, and I can't blame them, you just had to be there..
Sorry poorfags..

It's a war film with the best soundscape since Das Boot.

if you didn't buy out every seat in the biggest IMAX(™) theater in your area and watch it alone then you have no business commenting on this piece of visionary kino.

Go back to Sup Forums you spastic.

>the British consider running away a victory

Started watching Dunkirk and couldn't get through the first major scene. So fake, acting sucks, special effects are on par with 1970s technology.

The Germans come to take out the American troops in some old farmhouse and the Germans just stand out in the wide open shooting at the house while the American troops who out-number the Germans are hiding inside and refuse to take any shots at the Germans and instead decide to take some bullets and run away. Whoever choreographed the fighting scenes was probably a woman. I don't think anyone from WW2 was actually involved with the making of this movie.

>the event that shaped our world
wut

I sincerely hope this is bait.

>American
boy oh boy

americans should stick to making films about their imaginary heroes, like marvel capeshit and such

leave ww2 movies to those who actually contributed to the victory

THE BRITS STARTED THE WAR, WE FINISHED IT.

if there was no evacuation at Dunkirk the brits would have surrendered.

Answers B and C are the same. But anyway, very true. Another amerimal thread so butthurt he didn't get his usual spielberg over dramatic shlock.

so what

soviets would still win in the east and capitulate germany

russians still would have won the war throwing another 17 million or so at the germans.

Oh yeah those Russians are so bad ass, user, with their lack of regard for their own citizens. Let's just kill off another 17million of our people!

>the absolute state of western education
>throwing millions of bodies at the enemy meme
i bet your granddad was one of those who surrendered in france

Russia would never have won the war without the support of the Allies, constant flow of allied supplys were the only reason they where able to maintain as big of an army as they did.
Let alone the possibility of russia having to fight the entire german war machine dedicated to one front once britain and american are out of the war..

You literally didn't do shit but get your ass beat, Nigel.

If The US hadn't helped Russia via the lend lease Russia would have been steamrolled. If Russia had been steamrolled and Japan hadn't forced the US to get involved you'd be a kraut colony today.

Are you fucking serious???? There sheer volume of people alone would've destroyed Germany, you fucking ingrate. Learn to read a book.

usa didnt join until 44 when the war was basically won anyway (after defense of moscow and stalingrad battle it was all but a matter of time)

lend-lease helped, yes, but it wasnt a gamechanging factor

russians would win even without allies, although with more casualties and probably not in 45

usa jumped the winning side bandwagon to have their share in victory

brits helped with strategic bombing too tho

les-crises.fr/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/sondage-nation-contribue-defaite-nazis.jpg

The war was not basically won, as you so foolishly stated, garmany was stomping Russia like a little bitch.

* a fedora who enjoys mediocre filmmaking

this is nolan idiot. King of Mediocre Flicks (with Villenueve hot on his heels)

T. Some who's never seen any of the Batman films...

>rememberable

crap movie, only thing going for it was sound effects and mark rylance
t.brit

Don't you dare make light of our history.

this movie is just an elaborate example of how well the brits can hold a queue. they get bombed and go right back to waiting in line. it's impressive.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietnam_War_in_film#Feature_films

i was more interested in knowing what happened to the downed german pilots than anything else in this dumb movie

>being this delusional

yea, it was pretty much already won. after kursk the war was won

ONLY SEEN CRYING IN THE THEATER ONCE THIS YEAR

BUNCH OF WOMEN WERE AUDIBLY SOBBING AT THE END OF THIS, IT SNOWBALLED FROM ONE OR TWO

Yurpoors cant into war movies. Its allways about muh fantasy life problems. Get fucked by mudslims.

that sounds like a shitty movie too desu

OP is a Burger you mong

NOLAND MAEK GUD BATMAN FILIMS
literal filmlet, brainlet

t. hipster film critic who doesn't appreciate appreciated films.

ALL THE FIRE SEQUENCES WERE SLICK

>YFW GLOWING CGI FIRE BEAR RUNNING SLOWMO THROUGH THE BLACKED OUT FOREST AT NIGHT

KOSINSKI KNOWS HIS VISUALS

It's clearer day after day that some idiot is trying to attack any recent WB movie.
So what's next?

Even that opening cast and crew frame looks like a cheap 2000 B-tier action flick

Being burned alive/drowning are some of my worst fears. This scene in particular was pretty damn fucked

Yes:
>The first shot of the entire beach.
>That first bombing sequence.
>Spitfire gliding above the lads on the beach.

but too bad that's only a total of 5min from an otherwise okay movie with amazing production values but little else.

I thought the feeling of space and isolation was conveyed very well.
The IMAX Spitfire scenes were worth the price of admission alone.

It's true, even /ourguy/ Peter hated it

Thank you. I can't believe anyone defends this shallow trash
Unironically this

god bless the timetraveler from the 50s

Has any other film with such an appalling story and shallow characters ever been defended as much as Dunkirk?
What the fuck?

And that's without getting into its shit editing and jarring transition between imax and non-imax pretty much at random

As a brit who jerks off to british pride war films I can confirm this

>shit editing
best editing of the year imo

nice blog faggot

dude is a retard and fell down from grace a long time ago

Your opinion's shit

>muh long shot
how to spot a pleb 101. That atonement scene worked in terms of the male character's story, but it was a ridiculous and inaccurate romanticised depiction of Dunkirk.

>watch this movie
>keep thinking "fukc yer, get rekked eternal anglo"
>"those are the good guys killing you fuck ye just fucknig die fugging blood suckers"
>insults on them just keep piling up
>close down the video

dropped lol, but some of the scenes, where all the british get rekked are pretty gud.

>T. Owen Jones

Stoner or Terrorist (same thing really) detected

>Has any other film with such an appalling story and shallow characters ever been defended as much as Dunkirk?

It's a movie with gorgeous visuals that manages to convey a lot about the situation it depicts- from fear to honor and loyalty and so on. Do you even understand the first thing about movies?

I think you are overly concerned with plots not as related to the movies overall (and what they are trying to achieve) by judging them by themselves. I think movies are not for you, retard, just stick to reading the plots of movies on wikipedia since this is all you care about

fucking piece of shit

Hitchens embraced the cuck side a long time ago. He's more depression than man these days

Why, because he didn't drink the brexit koolaid?

>Hitchens embraced the cuck side a long time ago.
Don't worry, once you're out of high school you'll realize how right Peter is about everything

PETER IS A FAGGOT

THE WRONG HITCHENS DIED

>THE WRONG HITCHENS DIED

>>>r/atheism

muh story and muh characters
can you stfu about this already.
he's said it like a million times the movie is not about any character.
the movie is about the evacuation and how fucking nerve wrecking it felt to be on that beach.
i'm sick of people going into this movie expecting some shit and then getting all pissy when they don't get what they wanted.