HURRRR EYES TOO BIG

They're fine.

Even human eyes can get that big.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2DhoBuU1Dtc
m.youtube.com/watch?v=aj8mN_7Apcw
empireonline.com/movies/features/alita-battle-angel-trailer-breakdown/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

they're not nearly the same, are you stupid?

It’s the uncanny valley, you dumb cunt. Stop sucking Cameron’s dick

I love how delusional anime webs are
>OMG I LOVE ANIME 2D GIRLS
>UGH THATS DISGUSTING THOSE EYES ARE WAY TOO BIG
>ANIME EYES ARENT ANYTHING LIKE THAT
>*posts edited version with normal human eyes*
>NOW THAT, IS WHAT ANIME LOOKS LIKE

Her eyes are right size. It is canon. She is not human. She does looks like in anime. Trailer was good. Can we please stop posting this now?

>90s anime style with massive eyes and huge chins
>good

Not this again. In the original there's no indication that she doesn't look human. Even deformed motherfucker with his head the size of a person looks somewhat normal here for some reason, and yet she looks like a fucking bug.

Just because something can occur in nature doesn't mean it's good.

Is she ayy lmao plant sent here to spy?

hold on to your butts

Are you retarded

No one else looks like their manga parts' proportions or Ido's head would be about half again as tall. Other fully human characters have big eyes in the manga. There's nothing to indicate that she doesn't just look like a pretty girl

Well they do look like weeb eyes.

These fucking people
Most of these characters were ALWAYS white and Alita herself is a fucking German robot appearance wise

>anime adaptation
>trailer
What, what i missed user, post link please.

These dumb fuckers never learn, Japs are gonna love the way it looks and James knows this, fuck em.

youtube.com/watch?v=2DhoBuU1Dtc

m.youtube.com/watch?v=aj8mN_7Apcw

I said it in another thread and I'll say it here.
Cameron wants her to stay in the uncanny valley. He wants this glaring reminder that she's not human to be on screen every second she is. It's there, it's obvious, but it's not something you can't overcome. Her humanization and acceptance of her form will have to come in spite of her looks, much like in the original Robocop. Or at least I hope this is why she looks like that.

Comoare this image of Alita with this image if another kawaii anime girl from the manga who's full human. Alita's eyes are not canonically superhumanly large

I was just about to quote this exact post. Yucky at first blush as her eyes are, it makes sense if the goal is to make something distinct but not necessarily attractive. In the context of the film universe maybe she is a cutie pie, but to us she is still very alien, and that's another barrier the film can bust down narratively.
Based user, based JC

>what if everyone was white
What the fuck, less than half of this cast is white

But why is she the only one who looks like that? All the other robots look normal in the trailer.

Thanks user.
Yes, her eyes really creepy in every scene.

Not diverse enough

This is the ideal level of cultural enrichment

You think that is natural? In nature, a predator would have taken care of that fuckup of a horse long before its hooves got to that level.

cast him

>White boy mad he can't cut it in the NBA

All of the other robots are completely different models. That's like asking why all cars don't look like a Ferrari. Because they aren't all Ferraris.

>what is stylization
>what is things that look good as a drawing don't always look good real
>what is taking one particular stylistic element out of a cohesive whole and slapping it on something else resulting in an unappealing mishmash
>what is why don't I get repulsed by all the Simpsons characters having jaundice

Is there any indication that she had normal eyes? Besides other people, because its fucking anime and everyone looks somehow weird.
Maybe people in Atila universe just more acceptable of weird looking girls, because its future with cyborgs and people can be very different from "normal".

Gally isn't Japanese. It made sense for Major Kusanagi. It doesn't make sense for Gally.

Only reason you amerifats should be mad is that you have to pay your farming equipment to toss basketballs around.

Good choice.

All the cute girls are drawn the same way.

Cars are not made in the image of something natural like a human though.

I like her very much. In general I like ay lmao girls.

>yfw the normies will force Cameron to tone it down before release

I hope James and Robert give you a good old GTFO in the end and keep it.

Not handsome enough. Being ripped isn't that important, since he's a cyborg anyway.

>White
>actress who plays her is latina
lel

Battle Angel Alita is not set in Japan and Gally is not Japanese.

So can it be just a fashion?

Those two in that image are flesh-and-blood humans, so no.

I love this look so much. These girls are super cute.

Why don't all dolls look like Cabbage Patch Dolls?

What the fuck. Just watched the trailer.

In the manga universe she resembles a human being, she doesn't have huge fucking eyes.

Shit's already stupid as fuck.

It's just a stylistic choice.
Jesus christ, american """"""""culture"""""""" is fucking cancerous.

That looks weird white.

That's an entirely different "normalization" than the source material is about and a philosophical dead end at that cause reducing what it means to be human to mere looks leads fucking nowhere.

Don't nigs and liberals say that George Zimmerman is white?

See

There are so many better ways to maker her obviously inhuman without the horribly jarring design choice they went for. You could turn her cheekbone patterns into metal, or change the pupils to look artificial or hell even her arms as they are are reminder enough. This does not look endearing or the kind of thing that eventually grows on you, it looks like she's a bratz doll and stepped into the wrong movie sets because she clashes with everything else.

Maybe Hugo was secretly a colony kf worms in a trenchcoat and just wasn't drawn that way, there's nothing that says he isn't, maybe the workd is just accepting of colonies of worms in trenchcoats

This is a stupid argument

Out of all the shitposting about this movie, I haven't seen anyone bring this up yet

Robert Rodriguez hasn't made a movie that's even passable in over a decade.

>Last Order

What a waifu she is!!!!

when they say white they mean non-japanese

I think it would look better if she had more obviously artificial facial features, like those lines where different sheets of synthetic skin meet and shit. Ironically making her look more fake would make the eyes more acceptable.

Her haircut and clothes are too nice and clean and well done compared to the manga. She wore clothes that were too big her her, she had a blastback mess of hair, and was more of a street trash teenage looking design than this nice little girl in infirmary clothes and dresses.

18-24 year old white males are the MOST oppressed minority in HISTORY!

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I posted the IMDB list. What kind of fucking moron looks at that and reacts with "everyone is white"?

i was under the impression that this was the first thing that sparked the shit posting.

read more about this before ayylita was even shown

her eyes are bigger than other characters in the manga too
she canonically has big eyes

GITS takes place in hong kong and not japan. the major should still have been japanese.

Everyone has big eyes in the manga because it's a fucking manga
Here she's the only one and it looks so out of place it breaks every scene she's in the trailer.
She canonically has big lips, however, it becomes something other characters tease her about and even use it as a nickname. If she ahd big fucking alien eyes, it'd receive the same treatment but no, why? because it's fucking manga.

Gally vs Motojo Kusanagi. Only one of these names is Japanese.

Everyone agrees the Major should have been Japanese, based on the source and the location.
Gally is not, and should not, be Japanese.

she's named yoko though

but who gives a shit, the actress looks similar enough and alitas ethnicity is completely irrelevant to the story

she still has eyes considerably bigger than any other character in the manga

Her name is Yoko Dornburg

wrong

Great now can we please get fucking Genocyber and Armitage III movies already

That's not true and this has been shown multiple times in this very fucking thread

Not him, but it's not called an adaptation for no reasons. A character with huge lips in a movie would just look retarded, and it'd be distracting to see it talk.

Big eyes are making her cuter to normies.

because its a nineties manga, which is a matter of character design which is the entire point and looks nowhere near as jarring as this horrible uncanney valley in the movie because everyone else even the whip fingers guy or the robot with a human face has a regular face.

>something can occur in nature
>posts picture of a condition that literally only could have happened with human intervention (i.e. locking it in a tiny stable for years)

They went too far with the eyes. It isn't cute, its unsettling.

It's still uncanny valley.

Any argument you could make for why this should have been done is automatically moot anyways because it just flat looks horrible

>its unsettling
She's an unsettling character. Did you say "its not cute, its unsettling" when you saw a Xenomorph on film for the first time?

ROBOTS.

She's not unsettling on her appearance but on the things she does. Right until she starts crushing people in half everyone around thinks she's just a little girl. That's why Hugo is not scared shitless of her, why criminals understimate her, why Zapan thinks he can take her on, why she crushes her way through motorball cup, why she can just melt in a crowd.

In both cases I said "that's sexy".

>the final shot

Eyes can never be that big.

She has never been intended to appear unsettling

that's exactly the point he was trying to make. the changes you suggested wouldn't have made her less human; they'd make her look like a human with prosthetic changes (kind of like all the other people in the scrapyard). she is supposed to clash with everything else in that world. she's supposed to be a freak. This is a really straightforward way to accomplish that, especially for an audience who doesn't watch or care about manga or how canonically correct things are.
besides, everyone knows the real test of this shit isn't the eyes, it'll be her beating the shit out of makaku with panzer kunst.

C-Cracky?!

At no point in the story she is treated as a freak or a different to the people of the scrapyard. She mingles just fine because despite her amnesia and unknown origins she thrives on the brutality and ruthlessness of the scrapyard like the other mercenaries. Her otherness is not visual, not even when she's wearing the motorball body she is an outsider to the world. Her otherness is mental, on the pursue of her identity through the only thing she retained of her former life which was the panzer kunst which is why she went bounty hunter and later on to motorball. The visual design of big eyes is just a jarring visual distraction that breaks the immersion of the movie everytime she's on screen.

>she is supposed to clash with everything else in that world. she's supposed to be a freak.

So have you not fuckig read the manga or

I fucking hate this. Her eyes needed to be WAY bigger.

there's a reason why weebs stick to 2d you mongoloid

confirmed for having read shit all pf the source material. you're even less than a secondary.

empireonline.com/movies/features/alita-battle-angel-trailer-breakdown/

>desty nova can possess people and does so with vector
dude what

that's dumb as shit oh my god ahahah

knowing james cameron, this is going to be an incredible undeserved success despite the stupidity of this shit