Nova #5 storytime

I wonder what's gonna happen this month.

Other urls found in this thread:

news.marvel.com/comics/62565/nova-terminal-tour/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

God, this run has been nothing but perfection for both Dick and Sam's characters.

>19000 -> 18000

This book is perfect. This is what your standard, quality hero book should be. Strong characterization, great chemistry, interesting and atypical threats, advancing plotlines and a sweet balance of drama and levity.

Fuck Marvel for not shilling it and fuck you for not buying it.

>there was a time Sup Forums hated everything about sam

Oh how times change.

Yeah, I was gonna compress the images but thought I'd just dump it before I went to sleep, my bad.

There are no bad characters, just bad stories.
Except Mr. Sinister, fuck y'all I can't stand him.

I both love and hate seeing Richard freak out like this.

Sam is dope, and wasted in Champions.

I feel confident that this story will be the last hurrah Dickie deserved years ago. Not even mad we'll never see him again (until another writer gets nostalgic).

Aw heck.

Sam no ;_;

Sorry anons, he did lie

this book is making me feel feels I didn't feel I could feel

The Novas sure do suffer, huh.

>all those anons who were trying to come up with excuses for Rich not saying anything before
lmao

Oh man awe geez

Shuma gorath?

Rich is gonna have to fuck the cancerverse to death

GOD DAMN IT NO! WE JUST GOT YOU BACK RICH!

This is a worthy end for him.

It's on par with the way he died last time, but this time it won't be retconned as pointless.

I was so relieved seeing this page.

I missed everything in betweeen the first and this. This has got like 6 more issues left? God damn it.

Well.. Relieved until I saw this one..

please post faster user
don't do this to me

Oh Jesus what the fuck

Oh shit

OH SHIT

This is bad.

FUCK

And that's it. Damn.

lovecraftian as fuck

Oh shit

From an interview with Loveness and Perez:

>#6 and #7 will wrap up this arc and show how Rich came back
>#8 will kick off the next arc and involve SWORD, with Rich and Sam encountering Captain Marvel

Let's hope 8 isn't cancelled for low sales like Ghost Rider (this books needs love)

fucking fuck.

>“It’s been really fun and tragic to write these chapters. Rich definitely went through a terrible time in the Cancerverse, and his torture isn’t over yet. But I don’t like stories that dwell in gloom for gloom’s sake. We also wanted to craft a story about hope and redemption and the beauty of rebirth. There’s always time to ask for help. There’s always time to reinvent and reinvigorate your life, even when it seems hopeless…especially when it seems hopeless. I’m the kind of guy who gets down on himself and mopes about all the time, but no matter what’s happening in your life, there is always beauty and life out there. It’s a hard lesson, but a useful one. The Cancerverse offers a distorted, ruined version of life—and it’s up to Rich to fight for life as it should be. Hopefully we can all do the same.”

>Sam picking up space cursing
Knowhere is a bad influence.

>he doesn't like classy as fuck Gillen Sinister

Awesome.

Rich will encounter all of the Marvel Now Darlings before going to see his Warriors friends

If this doesn't end is Sam being a huge fucking idiot and trying to party crash the cancer verse to get Rich I dunno how I'll be at the end of this.

>This has got like 6 more issues left?
>6
You're being awfully optimistic there, user. Have you not looked at the sales numbers? That this thing isn't already cancelled just means that someone at Marvel is trying their hardest to keep it on life support.

This comic is so good and fulfilling you'd think it was from Rebirth.

Seriously:

>Well written
>Fantastic pulp-y art
>Balancing new with old and pleasing fans without it being hammy
>Characters play off eachother and have interesting developments
>Has good potential and an interesting future ahead of it

The lack of politics is also a breath of fresh air. No matter what side you are I think we can agree it's been overdue for a good damn superhero story.

12/16 Nova #1 - 58,393
01/17 Nova #2 - 23,098 (-60.4%)
02/17 Nova #3 - 19,265 (-16.6%)

F

I always like it when non powered friends and family help the hero in their time of need.

I wish people gave a shit about this, no way to raise awareness other than word of mouth. Everyone I show the "i hat everything about that sentence" page to wants to read this book though. So there's that.

Fuuuuck! We dont deserve good things.

No, Rich

Nooooo

There is a thing so rare nowdays, why the heroes no longer do idiotic choice?

time for fuck

They are gonna cancel this, and then Bendis is going to bring Rich back as a irredeemable villain, aren't they?

Reminder that the first issue had a 100% overship, meaning it only actually sold ~29k issues.

Just because they want to read it doesn't mean they want to buy it. The fact that we're in a storytime thread should make that abundantly clear.

Worldmind wasn't in the Cancerverse. Rich even talked about how he had almost no connection with it when he went in.

Aw shit.
We thanos imperative 2 now.

almost wasnt enough!

Well looks like Sam is going to the Cancervere

I'm still buying this and I'm still enjoyong the ride until it's gone, fuck.

It was on a spaceship computer. After the fault closed, he had no way of talking to it.
There's no way that makes sense for the world mind to be here

They do, all the time.

Marvel just treats it like it was the best choice

But then he asked for full power, so I have to assume the majority of the Worldmind had to go to him.

How is this comic so fucking good?

It didn't. It stayed on their space ship and got stuck rebooting itself.

>when the author gets your character just right

fugg

>The rest is in here
news.marvel.com/comics/62565/nova-terminal-tour/

Anyway this is the other important thing

>“I don’t want to say too much, but there’s a big twist and a mystery Nova villain we haven’t seen in a while that’s been behind all of this,” the writer teases. “Someone who’s very close to Rich.

WHO IS IT!?!??! Who would fuck Rich this badly?!

>Loeb writes a character in memory of his dead son Sam Loeb who died of Cancer
>Said character named Sam end sup in the CANCERverse

Lol, this is Bennett almost killing Stargirl in a plane crash bad.

>This comic is so good and fulfilling you'd think it was from Rebirth.
That's honestly been my thoughts on it from the start. It feels exactly like what you'd want a Marvel Rebirth comic to feel like.

Me too, it also shows why keeping the identity secret from your loved ones is bad from a narrative perspective, you get better stories.

I never wanted to buya nova comic, and only now want to because fo this thread.

Really wish we got trade releases instead of monthly floppies, shit sucks.

Not only he's going to the Cancerverse but he's going to NOT DIE FROM IT too

God damn it Jeph

Nice
comic son is superior, he kills the cancer, not the other way around.

That being said when Rich comes back I hope he teaches Sam how to lift so he's not a twink.

This is the last time we saw it, so I see what you're saying, but the story's good enough that I don't really have an issue with it. They're playing a little loose with continuity, but Bendis already screwed all that up anyway

How many Marvel books are doing 20k or under at a single time? It never occurred to me to check the sales numbers for that pattern, dunno if it influences what gets cancelled.

This "why bother" attitude that always there when anything involving Thanos Imperative comes up really pisses me off.
Would it have killed Loveness, or anyone for that matter, to say Peter lied in Original Sin and have something completely different that makes sense happen.?

Since the Cancerverse was basically an AU, this could just be the local Cancerverse Worldmind. By the end of Thanos Imperative, the voice was a chick after all.

Then again, that would mean Marvel is respecting continuity and we all know the current regime doesn't do that.

Worldmind, user, didn't you see the last page?

I can't remember if it was their Wendell or Mar-Vell, but they said they took out Xandar 45 minutes after they did the ritual. So, I highly doubt it's that universe's version.
Like I said, I really hate the "why bother" approach Marvel takes with continuity

I thought about it but I considered Loveness saying "Nova villain" but yeah you're right.

Fuck noooo, I love Worldmind almost as much as Rick himself. He was half of what made him great through Annihilation, Conquest, Thanos Imperative, etc.

In fact it was the best thing in Guardians 3000, the few bits we got between Worldmind and Rael Rider.

I've only recently come into Nova

What's so awful about this?

I still do, but at least he's tolerable here.

Yeah but nothing ever dies in the Cancerverse (except Mar-vell apparently) so they could have just meant captured/subjugated.

I don't mind him keeping "THE DOOR" shit only because he did something interesting with it.

But yeah so far Loveness is either ignoring that tidbit from Thanos Imperative or he forgot about it sinc ehe mentions in this Marvel interview that this user linked to that he did research and explains some things from Thanos Imperative so he at least skimmed through the pages.

Unless he explains it or used as an excuse? He probably overlooked that fact.

That said I'll judge once the story is over.

KILL IT RICH FUCKING KILL IT