The /Orville/ General

Bortus the Blessed Edition

How did you religionfags enjoy the last episode? Did it make you question any of your beliefs?

And I’m curious what you fedoratippers took away from the final episode.

The line about religion being an inevitable stage of evolution was graceful and make me hopeful for the future. Wasn’t expecting those feels.

Previous

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14583231
strawpoll.me/14583230
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Orville#Episodes
sfdebris.com/videos/startrek/v933.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why do you talk about a make-believe television show as if you think it's real?

Who talked about it as if it was real?

I thought it was a great episode although I would have liked the culture to be a little more 'alien'.
Having all aliens be humanoid normally doesn't bother me but we've had two episodes now that have planets literally identical to earth (this episode and planet reddit), it gets a little samey after a while. It's not the end of the world but I would have liked the space pope to at least have a cool design, rather than be literally identical to our own world's pope.
I get that it's trying to make some commentary on current events but the show at times feels more like a time-travel show than a space-exploration show when we keep seeing earth-but-not-earth over and over again.

The OP did... along with many others on Sup Forums. It is a very common occurrence on this board.

>following a scripture
I'm a deist. a creator is not far-fetched to fathom

wat

is this show good or is tv trying to meme me again

It's good, pilot isn't great though

Where in the OP did he do that?

It's fun, if you enjoyed Star Trek you'll really like it but otherwise you would probably just pass.

it's okay. there have been some cringe moments desu

Alara is real, damn it! She’s real!!

Like what? There a are a few jokes that didn't land very well (especially at the start) but I'd say it's been getting funnier every episode

It's geniunely terrible, I couldn't stand to watch 10 minutes of it. Don't fall for the memes

idk the tranny baby thing and all the cuckoldry sort of rubs me the wrong way but I know it's not trying to be mean spirited

dude atheism LMAO dude feminism LMAO dude BLACKED.COM LMAO
how is this anything from STD?

dude get help

Came her to complain about the 'in the bronze age everyone was white and in the future a black person will be our representative' thing. The whole episode 2 thing was a fucking weak disaster as well. I wish the political undertone wasn't so strong, the rest of the show is alright.

kys athiest fuck

Creation itself implies a creator. It's not that big of a stretch.

what

I agree! G*d is great!

Vote on Best Episode:
strawpoll.me/14583231

Vote on Worst Episode:
strawpoll.me/14583230

Copy/Paste this to rate each episode out of 5 (1=bad 5=best):

01: Old Wounds
02: Command Performance
03: About a Girl
04: If the Stars Should Appear
05: Pria
06: Krill
07: Majority Rule
08: Into the Fold
09: Cupid's Dagger
10: Firestorm
11: New Dimensions
12: Mad Idolatry

Episode summaries for reference:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Orville#Episodes

>Where in the OP did he do that?
Are you blind?

4 01: Old Wounds
5 02: Command Performance (most original episode with fewest stolen Star Trek ideas? Story more like something Red Dwarf would do)
4 03: About a Girl
3 04: If the Stars Should Appear (half of it is boring, they beat on Kelly for like 15min)
4 05: Pria
4 06: Krill
3 07: Majority Rule (lame cause not in space)
2 08: Into the Fold (Isaac taking care of the kids would have been funnier if they got to that theme park planet as intended)
3 09: Cupid's Dagger
4 10: Firestorm (Alara focused episode = can't be bad)
4 11: New Dimensions
4 12: Mad Idolatry

>I try and get my friends to watch Orville
>they all laughed and say they wouldn't watch a Seth Macfarlane show

Welcome to star trek

lucky you, sounds like your friends have excellent taste

Apparently, where did he say he thought it was real?

Why do you care?

DO NOT talk about my waifu like that.

I took me a while to think about it, but the earlier episodes were definitely the worst. The humor was all over the place and I wasn't sure I was going to keep watching. Either of the first two episodes could have been the worst, but I picked Ep 1.
As for favorite, the Alara episode was really good and gave me a boner.

Star Trek spaced out the episodes better and at least spent the $10 for forehead makeup.

Learn how to understand what you read. You're twisting things like a feminist flake.

Yeah I totally get how budget/time restrictions makes all aliens basically humanoids.
Honestly if it wasn't for the pope outfit I probably wouldn't have even noticed, it just took me out a little

I suppose it also bothers you that everyone speaks perfect English. Lighten up, Poindexter. It's only a tv show.

>twists things like a feminist flake
>asked to explain reasoning
>accuses others of twisting things like a feminist flake
I had a laugh thank you for this bait.

That's just translator tech though, hardly comparable to two planets independently creating religions that have the leaders wear exactly the same hat.

Why doesn't the Orville have any 'adult loli' species on board?

That's alara

They don't speak English, everyone just uses translators. It's explained in the episode where Dr. Finn falls hostage on some undiscovered planet while Isaac and her kids try to find her. It's still unrealistic that their translators can translate speech when the only dataset available is like 5 words, but whatever.

I liked the last episode. I thought it was the best one.

I didn't like the ending.
I mean I liked the episode, but to end of season with Kelly rejecting Ed to get back together seemed odd.

I thought episode 12 was great. Reminded me of one of my favorite Voyager episodes, Blink of an Eye

They already steal enough from Star Trek as it is.

So... that cgi scene just popped into existence, I suppose?

Still over your head? Why am I not surprised?

Reminder that anyone who watches TV is a moron.

In the season finale we learn that black people are superior to whites and the only reason whites have survived as long a they have is due to an authoritarian regime created by a BS religion.

In the previous episode we learn that the black guy is the most intelligent person on the ship and he gets to screw the hottest white chicks.

every ship needs a Geordi

You are correct. Television is made for morons. It is the primary propaganda tool of our age.

>white

there was a BLACKED scene at the beginning of the episode

I like it and that's all that matters, isn't it?

Was this really a promotion?
Or they just wanted to get him off the bridge.

Always sendin brothas to the back of the ship

>oh by the way we have this super hot crew member that you've never seen before and she is banging our black guy

They were only having a drink. How pathetic are you to just ASSUME they must be fucking

Sign says "Upick".
mfw I can't.

They literally followed TNG with this move as Geordi was originally on the bridge before becoming chief engineer.

See this hand sign that Seth is displaying?

Many celebrities are displaying this sign, and so is Trump and Angela Merkel. It means that Seth is a member of a secret society, possibly the Freemasons.

Freemasons are working with Jews to bring in the New World Order. This is why there is so much predictive programming in Seth's TV shows, like the Boston Bombing and Robin Williams' death.

Freemason here, this is bullshit and you are retard, all the crap you see in the internet is not real, we use other kind of signs to identify each others.

The aliens are a visual indicator of the episode's story.
Almost completely human: this story applies to us today
Low prosthetics, fancy clothes: expect them to do things different then us
Heavy prosthetics, cgi, non-humanoid: expect a heavy sci-fi plot

As for the costumes, that's probably due to the show's relatively low budget.

Freemasons advertise on tv. Like actual television, not this mexican bean counting board.

freemasons are a front to keep the normies out of the real secret organizations.

The first three episodes are the weakest. They have their moments but you can tell the show is still finding its footing.
The rest of the episodes are of generally higher quality, with better jokes, story and character action. While most episodes have their shaky moments, none drop into the mediocre after the first three.
Of those, three stick out as better then the rest, being If the Stars Should Appear, Pria, Into the Fold. Special mention to Firestorm for just being entertaining.

So in summary (01,02,03)

you are pathetic

What the fuck I thought the season was over?

It is over. See you next year space buckaroos.

I meant after ep11.
>tfw no good rip yet

>Star Trek spaced out the episodes better and at least spent the $10 for forehead makeup.

Not in TOS they didn't.

People remember that Voyager episode, but forget (or don't know) that they stole it from somewhere else themselves. And told the story in worse way.
I still love it, but in retrospect it's obvious why it was so good; they just copied someone's actually good story.

The SFDebris guy did more research on it then I have, and he explains it better then I do too.
sfdebris.com/videos/startrek/v933.php

Now The Orville has their take on it, and I think I enjoyed this one a little bit more. I think it's because the way it was structured, you never knew what was coming.
I expected the planet to come back a nuclear wasteland one moment, or to find Isaac had been crucified and dismembered for 600 years. It kept me entertained.

I also rather enjoyed watching the crew make pretty major mistakes, earning them their rank of 'average' in the fleet. The episodes before that they were all pretty competent that you might think they'd get a bigger ship next season.
It's always more interesting to see how people deal with their own mistakes. Those kinds of episodes were some of the best in Star Trek too.

Ah, but TOS had better costumes.

This. I was expecting a final scene with Kelly and Isaac discussing his time on the planet. If it hadn't been the season finale I'm sure they would have taken that route.

There's been a good rip since like 5pm on Thursday.

>smaller than 2 gigs
nah

The triangle hand sign refers to the tetragrammaton which was inscribed onto a triangular golden plate by prophet Enoch. According to Masonic legend, the plate was hidden underground on Mount Moriah, which is the site where Solomon's Temple was built.

So the triangle hand sign is showing allegiance to Israel and the NWO.

This explains why Trump is now recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. This needs to happen first, according to prophecy, before the new temple can be built.

Yea i have seen all his trek videos at least 2-3 times each. love them

Ease up on the THC, dude.

It's a nice fantasy for fedora tippers to believe.

So what's everyone going to do to kill the time until season 2? Is there anything else worth watching?

Mediocre, filler episode.

Atheistfag here and even I found it heavy-handed.

For a group that seems to follow a version of the Prime Directive, and despite the first officer's protests that she was very aware of the rules, they are awful casual with breaking it.

They are flawed. Which is one of the charms of this show.

Probably gonna rewatch the season in a few weeks. I want to watch more scifi shows but I've only heard negative things about Discovery

"creation" is a word/concept that comes from your religion though, *of course* it implies a creator. You're arguing a tautology.

Use the word "reality" instead of "creation". Does that imply a "realtor"?

I enjoyed the last episode, but I think it was a terrible way to end season one. I just wish they gave us episode 13 instead of fox jewing out and making us wait until next season.

I agree Pilot isn't the best, in it's pilot it seemed like it was still searching for it's tone.

Not a good way for ending a season, and as a christfag it tingled my noodles the way the Kelly religion had the same outfits as catholics, but hey, I get it. Otherwise okay episode I suppose.

Where did that cgi scene come from? Did it just pop into existence, or did someone create it?

As a biologist it ruffled my spaghetti the way the planet had plantlife that evolved on earth.

>ywn live on a planet that worships Goddess Kelly

why even live?

Someone post a webm of the Kelly statue please.

this. imagine growing up with such a sexy blonde deity

The Ultimate Pusy Mistress

the Voy episode was blink of an eye
the original story was called dragon's egg.

She looks better without the mole.

Post the original picture, without the girl

fuck

>implying I dont worship her daily