Man, his stand up kind of sucks

Man, his stand up kind of sucks.

Can someone explain why he’s viewed as better than the other late night hosts? I don’t watch late night celebrity interviews, but I get the feeling that Craig Ferguson isn’t as cucked or something. Am I right?

The only Netflix exclusive stand-up specials I thouroughly enjoyed were the Doug Stanhope one and the Norm Macdonald one

nothing else really hooked me after watching the first 10 minutes

His show was less formulaic. He refused to rehearse interviews first, so the conversations were completely natural. He wouldn't see the movies that actors were promoting, because when he asked questions about the movies, he wanted to actually not know the answers. He was also very talented at flirting with women.

He gave off the general vibe that he just didn't give a shit, which was refreshing.

why does this surprise you? his talk show was a piece of shit

no, he's just incredibly charming, and conjures up incredible chemistry with almost all of his guests.

he's a terrible standup comedian though.

o fuck wrong pic

He should bring back Bing Hitler

I can see that. I feel the same way about joe rogan - his talent lies in being able to hold interesting conversations (given that the guest is interesting), but he’s just not funny on his own

Why do Americans love people who were too insufferable or unfunny for UK audiences? This guy and that CURRENT YEAR worm are literal nobodies here, and tubby Corden is fucking despised.

Raise your game burgerclaps.

to be fair, you don't really have any decent comedians any more.

I think John Mulaney is pretty funny.

Nothing is too insufferable or unfunny for UK audiences, lets be honest.

Gogglebox is proof of the subhuman character of the British Isles consumer population. Their strange masters, the “BBC Brahmans” are also fucking deranged making such a retarded show.

We definitely seem to be the most artless, plebeian country in the west, and even the artfags have horrible taste.

I dunno. I don’t know if I should compare or contrast it with Australia - a different situation since we never had a natural aristocracy, so our “people of culture” are mostly self-conscious and barren. France’s literary and intellectual scene, from a distance, manages to impress me. A country full of revolutions, republic and democracy that never lost its elite mindset.

In his defence, that guy moved to America in the 1980s, so wasn't really covered in anything known. Tracy Ullman wouldn't register much on our national conscience, but was massive in the USA in the late 80s/early 90s (her variety comedy show introduced the simpsons).

As for the fat cunt and CURRENT YEAR MAN, it's the Rita MrF excuse: you can be a literal fucking retard but the accent would obfuscate it.

Frankie Boyle

wow his talk show looks like THAT

It's alright, european standup is a bit different than american standup. Most of them are still in the era of telling actual jokes instead of something closer to telling stories.

he's much better when he has someone to work off of, alone he's pretty much the same as every other comedian
just watch the shatner interviews and that's soo much better than any of his standup

He's a soyboy posing as a bad boy. He is better than the other hosts (at least at interviews) but they're all cancer so that's not really saying much. Sup Forums is always sucking his dick only cuz he knows how to talk to women

New Brian Regan standup is pretty good

Agreed but he's not really a standup. He's more a storyteller. I liked the bit explaining the origin of Magician Week on the Late Late Show. One of his crew got arrested for stealing a limo in Las Vegas while drunk and called Craig crying about it. So Craig ended up contacting a judge who also happened to be an agent for some shitty magicians who was willing to let the guy off in exchange for those magicians being booked on the show.

Dara O'Briain has great stand-up specials. Mitchell & Web produced both sketch shows and actual shows of incredible quality. Jimmy Carr still delivers after somehow surviving being called a tax evading cunt by a sitting prime minister.

And there's always Stephen Fry.