Avengers #6 storytime

EVERYBODY'S KANG

Your plan was kind of bad Vision. Why did you get a bunch of Avengers from the past instead of some from the present? And why didn't you bring more?

I like Silver Age not dumb Hulk

Time for wibbly wobbly timey wimey

Is anybody reading?

Gorr was right

>Fuck history!
I'm starting to understand why the TVA said that the Avengers were worse than Kang.

>Evil soldiers
Oh sure, call a soldier working for the side you're up against evil. Maybe they just want to help their families, ever considered that?

Um Waid, the Scarlet Centurion isn't a future identity of Kang, he's a PAST identity of Kang, he came right after Rama-Tut.

>Waid took that dumb "maybe we're the same person" thing from Stan Lee's meeting between Doom and Rama-Tut and made it canon
THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

And thus the day is saved by Pym pressing a button.

What would you have done if you hadn't gained this device to erase their memories?

I'm pretty sure Immortus has an important job, maybe imprisoning him isn't such a good idea.

If you don't know who Avenger X, go read Waid's recent Cap's Kooky Quartet mini.

And that's that, I hope SOMEBODY reads this.
Next time: Doom, the once and future Kang, tries to take over the Avengers

I hope this is the Sentry

I'm always in for del Mundo art.

I'm reading now still not sure how to feel about this series.

WE WUZ KANGS

WE

Came here looking for this

Waid better explain how this makes any sense.
And is Kang still Nathaniel Richards' descendant?

I'm fall for more Iron Doom. Here's hoping it's good.

After years of "Sam missing the shot" jokes, I'm glad he got a good one in.

Weird that champions is trash but this is good. I'm liking all the avenger runs right now.

Behold! The most powerful artifact: "The Hourglass of Current Year"!

It's not weird. Avengers is Waid trying to tell old-school Avengers story.
Champions is Waid writing about teenagers and social issues, which he clearly should not be doing based on what we've seen so far.

>No
Captain "I dont give a fuck" America

It's actually Bucky, Bendis didn't seem to like him very much and wrote him like an awkward rookie.

It's that asian chick from the .1 issues that Waid war writing with the Kooky Quartet

Well that's considerably less funny in context than Steve just being a jackass for no reason.

WUZ

Well, Kang divorced himself from his fate as Immortus.
Who, in turn, is now only interested in watching and independent from Kang's fate.

I'm going to guess they were all the POSSIBLE future incarnations of Kangm and one of them was being (a)Doom.

Now it's the shitty character Waid introduced. Nobody important sadly.

This is how you do repeating panels right.

Black Widow was good too. It's a shame that his good books are so overshadowed by the one bad one that they insist on pushing.

Time-travel: Not even once.

I'm reading.

You people have to agree that, at least, Waid painted him in a good light.
Poor ol' Hank is going to have a hard time soon, again, when the Secret Empire and Pymtron come back.

So Doom will join? I hope so

Going by future covers and solicits, it appears so.

Yup. A single repeated panel to impart that full 2 seconds of pause as a point is fully realized. Maybe Marvel DOES listen to the bitching over Bendis

I know the artist is trying their best, but that Cap in the 3rd panel looks like it was modeled after a banana.

Gorr has never been right. That's like saying Jeffrey Dalmer was right.

He's reffering to the Kangs

Captain America has always really hated Kang

I get the implication is Doom is Kang, but it reads a lot funnier if he's not. Kang, Kang, Kang and Vic who was popping round for a cup of tea.

bump

There's only one Kang at this point, and he's using the plural.

After Namor, Kang is the about the only other guy Doom is even close to being 'friends' with. So it works, and it's funnier.

Interesting foreshadowing. Are they going to change Vision's origin for movie synergy?

A "Vision never actually had Wonder Man's brain patterns" retcon would be awkward to explain, but would save him from any more "Vision is a copy of Wonder Man" plots.

Thanks for the story time!

We've already done "Vision based on another's brain patterns" though with Young Avengers. I think they're implying that like replacing a limb, his brain patterns will also have to be replaced again.

Prototypical Vision.
A copy of Pymtron's brain patterns.

Why is young Wasp such a bitch? Peter has been nothing but nice to her.

>Inb4 Totem shit.

Bullshit, she gets along just fine with Miles.

Years of that guy spamming that same picture in every Wanda/Vision/Kang/Doom/Avengers thread paid off, here's to him I guess

Instead of giving Vision brain patterns from someone else, which has been tried twice, think more "imagine Vision without someone else's brain patterns. Imagine if that was always the case. He's just Vision, and always has been", like in the MCU.

They could do this for movie synergy, and it would really benefit Vision as a character, by forcing writers to stop portraying him as a copy of someone else.

I want to see Kang winning here.
Anyway where is the storytime of Spiderman/Deadpool of this week???

Kang explicitly said in Avengers Forever he just said that to Doom on the off-chance it would make him willing to lend a hand if Kang ever needed it

the art has been pretty damn good

Wonder how long Waid plans to have Nadia act like a total bitch to Peter for no reason. The fact that it's based on the wasps and spiders being natural enemies makes no sense when she's shown to be perfectly fine with Miles

Spider-Man has an unlikable nature. And she tolerates Miles at best, sees him more as simply a co-worker that knows more about the American world than she does.

Waid's autistic

So was there any hints at Iron Lad/Nathaniel Richards in this arc. Or any set up for him to reappear?

But Vision in the MCU is JARVIS, who is presumably based on the original Jarvis' brain patterns.

BUT SHE LED THE AVENGERS!

What Avengers?

The sex LMD?
Damn, I missed THAT back issue.

hehehe, you can feel how Waid likes Hank here

Well it looks like Waid is ignoring that and instead saying that they really were the same person all along.

Glad Waid is throwing a bone to Pym here... but why didn't he show us some interaction between him, Janet and Nadia? Thor acknowledged Future Thor having Mjolnir, so Wasp and Hank should've at least asked Nadia who she was.

>go to twitter to try and ask Waid why he didn't show us some interaction between Pym and Nadia
>he was chased away because SJW bullshit

oh fuck

can always be both. that there's a possible future where Kang brainwashes himself into becoming a phantom of Doom