HOLY SHIT ! Look at this single shot! This is more KINO than anything released this year!

youtube.com/watch?v=XcuFJXgU6cA

What Prometheus or Covenant should've been like. amazing visuals and about a 5 min single continous shot. Brilliant stuff.
youtube.com/watch?v=XcuFJXgU6cA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zdkmWigbq9Y
youtube.com/watch?v=IkAp5gAYDUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=k0ttxactpZ4
youtube.com/watch?v=5C30ZxQIZck
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

fuck off Sup Forumsaggot

>teaser-trailer
>8 minutes

There's a guy on youtube. I don't know if you know him but he could teach you a thing or two about real cinema.

fuck yes

Sup Forums BTFO

Will it be NANOMACHINES SON or THE PARASITES SON

MODS

black goo son

neither... it will be the bogdabots

Why does everyone who says kino sound like such a fucking retard. I used to use that pathetic forced meme all the time but now I can’t stand it. I also can’t take anyone seriously who uses it just because they sound so stupid and uneducated. Like they just use it because they have a limited vocabulary and aren’t very intelligent to begin with

So basically I’m not watching you video and I’m ignoring your thread, because clearly you have shit taste in everything.

I hope Kojima doesn't go too crazy. I don't really see how those themes are coming together. Crabs, babies, flying men, WW2 skeletons, how is that a coherent universe. Make it work Kojima

>being this new and writing all that

STANDING ON THE EDGE

pottery

no one likes you Sup Forums

DEEP INSIDE THE ABANDONED CHILD

NO MORE BULLETS

bogdophage

When will gamergoobers realize that video games can never possibly match the directing, cinematography, and emotion of real actors and directors? The writing and pacing will always be worse because it's a video game so you have to have gameplay somewhere no matter how shitty it is, and that instantly dispels tension and emotion. Why do video games try to be something they are not?

This looked retarded. Like kojima is trying way too hard

Absolutely kino! The madman BTFOs Sup Forums once again. When will they learn?

>gameplay dispels tension
The opposite, brainlet. You'll be much more tense driving in a racing game then you would be while watching Grand Tour with a beer in one hand while stroking your dick with another

>Sup Forums btfo
haahaHAHAHAAHAh

hmmmm

This movie looks so great
It will be a Play Station Now Exclusive?

I remember when the trailers for mgs5 made it look like the greatest thing ever. Anons were going to commit suicide because they would never play anything that would top it. Kojima should just stick to trailers.

8 minutes of a 10+ HOURS long game (or rather a 10 hour movie + 5 hour game cause it's Kojima) IS a teaser trailer.

Trailers for games SHOULD be longer.

single shot is very overplayed right now. and most of mgsv was this 'single shot' shit. really contrived and uninteresting at this point seeing as even tv shows are doing it.

at least you posted it on the right board.

>two worlds fighting each other, one is less advance earth
>they are killing themselves and taking hostages.

The Grand Tour is a comedy TV show about cars, it's not trying to be especially tense.

>single shot
there is more than that buddeh

forgot to say that while single shot is no longer impressive, it's even less impressive if you're doing it in cgi. like even those shitty robert zemeckis animated movies were doing that 10 years ago.

>there is more than that buddeh
what else is there? same shitty lens flare and shaky cam that was in mgsv?

Kojima praised inarritu for his use of single shot in Birdman. In Birdman the single shot was used as a sense of immerssion. To make you feel that were walking alongside the characters and being in the same room as them. Inarritu had an intended purpose for the single shot, as many other good directors who have used it. Kojima is doing it because he doesn't know a thing about film making. He's a good game designer but a bad film maker.

Back you go!

I literally don't understand why Kojima doesn't just become an actual film director. MGS4 & 5 were shit. This is the 3rd Death Stranding trailer and we don't even know the genre yet. This game was announced two fucking years ago.

ids kino bideo games are art

We're on easy street /
And it feels so sweet /
'Cause the world is 'bout a treat /
When you're on easy street

inarritu leans too heavily on single shot in any case which kind of reduces the effectiveness. like it isn't the 'go to' immersive filmmaking technique when so many films that ooze atmosphere don't use it. i feel like the single shot works in birdman because it plays into the whole theatre of the film but in films like the revenant it feels overplayed. kind of worked in gravity due to the immediacy of the film and its sense of time and place.

kojima does it because he's a style over substance nip

>I also can’t take anyone seriously who uses it just because they sound so stupid and uneducated.

Rob Ager? is that you?

>5 min continuous shot!
>Cgi
You are so aardvark you dont even taffy.
See these are words used incorrectly, just like yours!

The genre is sci-fi.

we should call people who use the word kino incorrectly aardvarks

It's gonna be nothing like the game anyway like the MGSV trailers.

>really contrived
How exactly is it contrived? We literally see life like this, it's the least contrived type of shot that exists, I don't see it as a gimmick at all, it's perfectly organic. And it's very easy to do in games, so why not.

>mgs5 was shit
Not as a game it wasn't. Still the best stealth action game out there.

orignali reddito

>forgot to say that while single shot is no longer impressive, it's even less impressive if you're doing it in cgi.

1 - it's always impressive
2 - you were saying?
youtube.com/watch?v=zdkmWigbq9Y

this clip alone is more immersive and gripping than walkind dead's last 3 or 4 seasons combined.

Why doesnt Kojima just make a movie already?

Guy is obviously talented and he has pretty interesting ideas. This trailer alone was more interesting than anything Hollywood has released

Whats stopping Kojima from entering Hollywood and making movies?

So is it or horror or action???
Has anything been confirmed?

Everyone thought it was horror originally, but then they started saying it was just an action game. What's the scoop?

contrived in that things are happening one after the other in a scripted manner. this floating disembodied camera is only seeing one thing at a time: action, camera move, action, camera move, action. it's just very basic and very rehearsed.

>when compared this terrible tv show it's better
Just fuck off you're an embarrassment. Go back to Sup Forums and play with your toys.

>no longer impressive
This isn't an exam you know. They're not doing it to show off, those shots just look good. And they will look good forever no matter how often they're used. They don't break continuity and they build the scene in a very realistic way, it feels like you're in the scene and there's value in that.

stealth action horror

>1 - it's always impressive
no it isn't. in fact, single shot tracking shots have proliferated so much that nowadays i'm more impressed by a good cut rather than the length of the shot.

>Why doesnt Kojima just make a movie already?
because he can't say shit like

A HIDEO KOJIMA MOVIE

A HIDEO KOJIMA PRODUCTION

DIRECTED BY HIDEO KOJIMA

STORY BY HIDEO KOJIMA

HIDEO KOJIMA THE MOVIE

rofl, tv and film are fucking horrid at this point. HORRID. They are now in the same realm as video games. They are here to maximize profit. Nothing else. The budget on games keeps growing, meanwhile less and less films are being made for the same reason.

BASED $WAGLORD ONCE AGAIN ALLOWING OFF TOPIC THREADS Sup Forums LIKES!!
TEEEKAY BABY

>things are happening one after the other in a scripted manner
>action, camera move, action, camera move, action
What are you on about? Pretty sure action can happen while the camera is moving and pretty sure several things can happen at the same time. Moving camera is not any more or less basic and rehearsed than cutting from one camera to another

Uhh, he got quads kid. Why don't you head on over to the "capekino" thread, maybe you'll stand a chance.

Sorry Hideo but you burned me on MGS5. The trailers were just as based and then instead of being a taste of the game, they literally WERE the game. And the game didn't even deliver on the trailers.

I'll wait until the game is released toc are.

based swaglord created one thousand paper clips with a 3D printer

at this point, I think Kojima is just listening to songs and taking their lyrics figuratively to make this game

it's not even that great of a medium, once you watch what people class as the "best" cinema has to offer it feels really underwhelmin

zingle shod wooww how did he dood dad

bery long shod is like im in da bideo

This is more than KINO. This has surpassed KINO.

yes specifically the one they used in MGS

youtube.com/watch?v=IkAp5gAYDUQ

>bery long shod is like im in da bideo
nobody is wowed by it except you, you fucking brainlet.

it's a video game there is no difficulty in moving the "camera" in a virtual 3d space it's just done because it looks nice, thats it

I need to research aardvarks, i dont want to call people aardvarks and have aardvarks turn out to be fucking awesome.

Wait, off topic threads that AREN'T alt-right shitposting are allowed too?

youtube.com/watch?v=k0ttxactpZ4
>when the trailers end up being better than the actual movie

>once you watch what people class as the "best" cinema
List what you've seen and rate them accordingly (you won't because you only watch capeshit if you're not busy with game of thrones and walking dead)

Fuck off Rob

Kojima is a bad director and as of recently, petty when he doesn't get his way/blames teams and companies for his personal failures. No studio would want to give him the power he would demand to have over production. He was the VP of Konami during Metal Gear Solid V's development, with huge budget and resources. When the game came out unfinished, he blamed it on Konami. When Metal Gear Solid Rising wasn't going how he wanted, he shit on his team just about as hard as you can, and gave the project to an entirely different team. He didn't care about Rising until it started receiving really positive response, and then he was back to being "involved" with it.

He was a great level designer, who used to be clever about having elements of story motivate changes in gameplay.

Metal Gear Solid 2: Surprise Character that fit the narrative, not shown in the few trailers.
Metal Gear Solid 3: Trailer was actually just the first 40 minutes the game, which was very content heavy.
Metal Gear Solid 4: Trailers with misdirection, gameplay and story elements that don't end up being in the game,
Metal Gear Solid 5: Many trailers that were actually the only interesting parts of the game, with more gameplay that ends up not making it to the final game.

Death Stranding: 3 years in development, 3 trailers with only cutscene/story, no gameplay. GAMERSWINE more hyped than ever.

damn... not just kino, but ludo...

>List what you've seen and rate them accordingly (you won't because you only watch capeshit if you're not busy with game of thrones and walking dead)
there is nothing you could say that would convince me otherwise

but go ahead, tell me what is the very best of cinema because whatever I list it won't be good enough for you, especially with that attitude

youtube.com/watch?v=5C30ZxQIZck
oops here

Its anotber "its shit, but it is Kojima shit so I will eat it up" episode

I hate easy impressionable Sup Forumstards, just one step above from capeshitters

>he didn't
Thats what I thought. I can already tell you're the kind of person to claim that you can enjoy both "pleb" shit and a patrician stuff, but the reality is you don't watch the latter.

With every new trailer I give less of a shit about this "game".

>Thats what I thought. I can already tell you're the kind of person to claim that you can enjoy both "pleb" shit and a patrician stuff, but the reality is you don't watch the latter.
there it is

go ahead im still waiting for you to list some patrician movies, the best the medium has to offer.

>once you watch what people class as the "best" cinema
List them? You already said you watched them here I asked you to rate them and you got insecure because now it's clear you without a doubt haven't actually any of them

Video games are not art.

Neither are movies.

Neither are the capeshit and franchiseshit movies you watch

Film is unironically the highest form of art.
It actually contains all the other art forms in all the filmmaking elements, from fashion, architecture, design to music, photography, the writing and performances.
With film, you can express your idea in just one single frame through framing and composition, the performance, production design, sound
etc, while in for example books you have to use multiple sentences just to set up the scene and for the viewer to grasp what's happening. Reading words linearly is not efficient and it relies too much on the readers imagination, film is just much more efficient. Also with film you get an exact fixed artistic expression that can’t be changed, while in books half of the narrative is in every readers imagination and it's entirely different with every single person.
Now that doesn't mean everyone uses the medium to it's maximum potential, but it has a far greater potential than any other art form.

"No!"

>the only movies that exist are transformers and capeshit

>bing bing one up yahoo!!
>MOMMY I PLAYING ART WHERE TENDIES

This shot was probably my favourite moment in a game for the past several years, if he can pull these out again in DS I'll be happy.
Also if it comes out on PC, that'll be nice too

Kojima is a fucking hack to steals all his ideas from films he likes. And mixes them all into a fucking pot. The only reason why the Metal gear series was good in the first place was because it was written by someone else. UNTIL 4 and 5 which was written by Kojima.. and guess what the worst games in the series were? 4 and 5.

Kojima is all art over substance and the less sense it makes the more his cock riding fans will praise him.

>I don't give enough of a shit to seek out good modern films, I just sit and wait for mainstream Hollywood to serve me shit on a plate and then I complain about it

Is there a single story focused video game that isn't genre shit?

This

all of them are underhwelming so give me something that is worth watching

>MUH TALKY PICSHERS AR SMAHT!
pick up a book, kid

imagine being this obsessed with film

it's a limited medium things like Citizen Kane, Vertov, Kubrick, Lynch all these wonderful movies these "Buffs" always love are shit they don't do anything artistically interesting or of note

because no one in hollywood would ever allow a hack Jap who steals all his ideas from other movies/anime and throws them into a mixer and pours it onto a page and calls it a script. His only good work came when another person was doing all the writing with Kojima just giving story beats he wanted as plot points. Kojima has excellent vision I will give you that, but no one in their right minds would hand him a bunch of money and let him do what ever he wants. The last time that happened a massive gaming publisher decided to stop making video games.

Terraforming Parasites

>Sup Forums
this is the extent of discussion with Sup Forums "patricians"