Possession (1981)

Slept on it, defo kino.

Are there any good analysis or making-of videos I should check out?

Other urls found in this thread:

toufaan.com/products/possession-limited-edition-2000-numbered-copies
vimeo.com/76870497
youtube.com/watch?v=LEqAUkHLWDw
mega.nz/#!KgY2UT6L!iX1ZEnZKc4omN1kXvSkUmmD0gusKHroA5OJ0PonDVss
youtube.com/watch?v=ElvLZMsYXlo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

also interested in this

>Sam Neil

Pure kino

He's fantastic in it.

toufaan.com/products/possession-limited-edition-2000-numbered-copies

this is definitely worth it, if it's still in stock

>EXTRAS: [4Hr. 8 Mins.]

tell me there's a rip of these somewhere

there are some torrents on PB for the regular movie, but nothing with the extras that i can see

>Are there any good analysis
None that I've read which actually discuss the religious elements in the film. Everyone focus on the infidelity aspect while ignoring the rest

Weird fucking film. Like a Lychian-Lovecraftian hybrid made in the 80's. Fucking bizarre...flawed yet fascinating.

vimeo.com/76870497

there's this

and this : youtube.com/watch?v=LEqAUkHLWDw

second one is in french

Thanks, man.

That's what I've been seeing mostly too, vids and posts alike.

Not sure about Lovecraftian (apart from the ending), but it's Cronenberg as fuck.

ALMOST THERE

hope it was the director's cut. that is unadulterated kino

not it isn't you fucking pleb it's shit stop liking it

I gotcha OP. Give me a minute and I'll upload the hour long making of video.
I saw this for the first time the other day. Really enjoyed it and I'm surprised it's not more popular, even if I get why it's not. Way more than just a horror movie.

Shit, how many cuts are there and how can you tell them apart? I thought it was only the Uncut and the theatrical North American version.

Cool, this is like a wicked mirror image of my replies from yesterday when at first I pretended to hate it like a bona fide brainlet after marathoning 20 minutes.

Much appreciated, my man, although I think this is the vimeo one linked. Any chance you got the commentary track?

Is that prime Isabelle Adjani?

Nope it's a different video. It's in English and seems like it has a few different interviews and maybe some behind the scenes footage? The download is almost done and i'll throw it on Mega for you. I don't have the commentary, sorry.

I know why it's not more popular in Bongland, it was banned for almost 20 years. I'd never heard of it until a few years ago most people still have no idea it exists.

If ever a movie has been robbed of at minimum cult status if not being regarded as a legitimate classic it's Possession.

This is why it doesn't matter if it's the right or the left who's playing the moral outrage/superiority card they all full of shit. Anyone who's telling you what to watch, or read, or listen to is really trying to tell you what to think. Fuck em.

The real sad part is the whole reason Andrzej Żuławski moved to France was because he wanted the freedom to make the films he wanted without the government or anyone else interfering and Possession gets butchered in editing and banned.

>The real sad part is the whole reason Andrzej Żuławski moved to France was because he wanted the freedom to make the films he wanted without the government or anyone else interfering and Possession gets butchered in editing and banned.

I read about that. It's a shame that it worked out that way, especially considering how personal the movie must have been for him. I have no idea why it would be considered controversial. It's definitely a dark, disturbing movie but I don't see how so many trash films with pointless violence fly under the radar while a legitimate work of art gets censored.

yeah im that guy who told you its a self indulgent shitpiece about the directors divorce and im still right and youre a fucking pleb

Can you imagine having a vagine this sandy?

i dont have to, captian pleb i bet you enjoy the films of lars von trier

Here you go. I'm about to watch it too
mega.nz/#!KgY2UT6L!iX1ZEnZKc4omN1kXvSkUmmD0gusKHroA5OJ0PonDVss

>Possession
>Event Horizon
>In the Mouth of Madness

What are some more Sam Neil is a crazy man kino?

>captain pleb

Apply yourself.

Gotta admit, you were kinda making sense to me at one point, but then the other 80 minutes of the movie happened. Thanks for all the bumps, though.

The first ten minutes of A Cry in the Dark. Just joking.

Possession is his best work out of those three, I think.

Now you must watch Barry Lyndon. It's very lovecraftian. I promise.

you're looking for the one with 124 minutes, not 80 minutes, that's all i really got.

just found the director's commentary, want a link?

You rock, buddy, much appreciated.

... am I being reverse meme'd now? I'll watch it if you say it's worth it. Was eyeing it before because Kubrick, but I'm normally too pleb to enjoy period piece stuff.

All good then, that's the uncut one I know of.

Do I ever!

>the Silver Globe

Oh shit, I've been meaning to watch this one too for ages now because of the webms you see sometimes here. Had no idea it's the same guy. Any opinions on it?

Barry Lyndon will be one of the best films you will ever see. Don't fall for the meme that it's just a beautiful movie, which it is, but it's much more than that. The first half is Kubrick's best comedy while the second half is his best tragedy.

Sounds sweet, user. Got any other recommendations?

It is

I'm not that guy - but if you like Possession, you should try watching Valerie and Her Week of Wonders

There are a lot of worthwhile films like Barry Lyndon, don't know why people glorify if so much.
Off the top of my head:
>tess
>the age of innocence
>the duelists (back when r. scott wasn't a complete hack)

I really "dug" this movie . Anything else by this director I should "check out" ?

Don't fall for this, it's an Czech exploitation film and takes advantage of its underage actress. For Czech films that aren't vile spew, watch Marketa Lazarova, Closely Watched Trains, Loves of A Blond, and The Cremator.

>it's an Czech exploitation film
even more reason to watch it

check this out, OP. from the same director as Possession.

Tess wasn't pure.

Just because she wasn't a virgin doesn't mean she wasn't pure, that's the whole point.

Your waifu is a fucking whore.

Thanks, lads.

Shut up, mongrel.

Shut your fucking mouth, you piece of shit. So what if she wasn't a virgin? Tess was fucking perfect. She was perfect to me.
You're just butthurted because I called Barry Lyndon for the piece of shit it is.

None of those movies are anywhere as good as Barry Lyndon.

Are you the pleb from yesterday who kept posting on Sup Forums while you were half way through the movie?

How so? They all have great costumes and sets. Days of Heaven has better cinematography. Kubrick is nothing, cheeto dust for the easily impressed. The kind of person who watches Stalker once and thinks they've mastered film.

Nice to see you again.

I'm glad you didn't post a Malick film made after the 70's or you would have embarrassed yourself.

>I'm glad you didn't post a Malick film made after the 70's
You mean all of his films save for Badlands?
>kubrick, villeneuve, the list goes on!
You're the embarrassment. Have you even seen those films you claim to be nowhere as "good" as Barry Lyndon?

>talks about the easily impressed and others wrongfully thinking they've mastered film
>posts Malick and Scott
wew
Post 5 of your favorite movies. None you've mentioned before in this thread.

motivation for the meme scene:
>according to Adjani, Zulawsky had instructed her to "fuck the air"

>still no argument for barry lyndon over any other period piece, nor for its cinematography
>implying I'm anti-art enough to have favorites out of the thousands of films I've watched
Just admit you haven't even seen The Duelists yet disregard it entirely with "Scott? More like *scoffs*" like like the pleb you are.

Movie a shit. Just unlikeable characters running around wide-eyed and yelling/screaming the whole time rofl

Of course I've seen The Duelists, it's the worst of the movies you've named so far. It's a nice looking movie with bad acting and, while I find the premise interesting, a horrendous screenplay. I can barely fathom why anybody would prefer it over Barry Lyndon aside from teenage contrarianism.
I'm not asking for you 5 specific favorites. Just name 5 movies your really like, maybe the last 5 movies you watched that you loved. So far you have this strange, ironic sense of superiority because you've seen a few entry level films.

Sommaren med Monika (1953, Bergman)
牯嶺街少年殺人事件 (1991, 楊)
চারুলতা (1964, রায়)
Ordet (1955, Dreyer)
Oктябpь «Дecять днeй, кoтopыe пoтp яcли миp (1927, Эйзeнштeйн)

nice redditcore
I like all of them, though

Here's my top 10

Sommaren med Monika (1953, Bergman)
牯嶺街少年殺人事件 (1991, 楊)
চারুলতা (1964, রায়)
Ordet (1955, Dreyer)
Les Moissons du Ciell (1978, Malick)
Oктябpь «Дecять днeй, кoтopыe пoтp яcли миp (1927, Эйзeнштeйн)
Le Fite Club (1999, Fincher)
红高粱 (1987, 张艺谋)
Fear and Desire (1953, Kubrick)
Зepкaлo (1975, Tapкóвcкий)
Un Chien Andalou (1928, Luis Buñuel)
浪華悲歌 (1936, 溝口)
Le Révélateur (2002, Philippe Garrel)

Where did I say I prefer it? My original post was only listing it as a companion piece to the commonly name dropped Barry Lyndon. To which a poster replied with "None of those are good", to which I asked "How so?", and your post here being the first valid reply I get to that.
5 films:
>Heathers
>Edward Scissorhands
>Mermaids
>Coppola's Dracula
>Reality Bites
My taste is superior as far as I'm concerned.

you still lurking, lad?

bump

Thanks man. Thread might have ran its course though. We never found out what the pink socks meant, but I'm happy for the making of and the recommendations ITT.

youtube.com/watch?v=ElvLZMsYXlo

Wet Wet

Based wet wet poster

That turned out to be cooler than it had any right to be.

It's not as effective without the screams.

Dead Calm
The Final Conflict: Omen III (he plays adult Damien)

wasn't he the good guy in Dead Calm?

Not enough feet.

>>still no argument for barry lyndon over any other period piece, nor for its cinematography
Because it's the better film.

>youtube.com/watch?v=ElvLZMsYXlo
Adjani's feet > Pike's feet.
This too.

Can you imagine having both Isabelle and Rosamund's pike feet in your mouth at the same time?

My analysis is its wetwet

Her?

To think this woman and prime Adjani are one and the same.

:(

first film I saw in a while that made me feel like I might be too dumb to understand it

I loved it

iktf. Wish it was talked more about here besides the meme scene. These two threads have been really comfy though.

Off to sleep now, you folks be good.

love,
OP