DAVID LYNCH MAGNUM OPUS

So Sup Forums, how did you enjoy the return of Twin Pewin Peaks?

liked it more than the original desu

Twin Pewin Peaks: A Limited Eventmited Event Series is my favourite anime

loved it to be honest. When it ended, I was some what underwhelmed to be honest. But looking back I think it couldn't have gone any better.
PURE KINO

10/10

Worse than the original, which was already on the tier of The Room, i.e. something people liked more for how bad it was than for how good it was. Although I do think the original had some real moments of brilliance. DL is very hit or miss, but as his career progressed it tilted far more towards misses. The last thoroughly great thing he did was MD, which thankfully might be his best work ever. I hope he keeps making things, just on the off chance that it clicks again, but even if he does I wouldn't exactly be optimistic.

(You)

still waiting for those extras to hit any public trackers because I don't have any friends to invite me onto IPT

It's not that controversial an opinion. I'd bet that most people that are willing to admit that he's ever done anything that wasn't a complete masterpiece would say the same. There's like a house of cards thing to fandom of certain directors. People think that recognizing a flaw anywhere in their entire body of work will invalidate how they feel about the stuff they really do love. But the more I think about it, the more the analogy of The Room makes sense. It's so bad that people find its badness a charming quality in itself.

is the idea that people genuinely like things that you don't that foreign to you?

What was your opinion on FWWM, then? Is it also on par with The Room?

>TWIN PEWIN PEAKS

When's this shit coming on Google play I ain't got the room for boy rays

the fact that Lynch could've just left the camera rolling whilst interns talked on the set about something that has nothing to do with the plot, proves that season 3 of Twin Peaks is shit. the people that like it will call anything he makes a masterpiece, regardless of what it is.

the acting was bad, the effects were bad, the editing was bad.

a good handful of the ideas were absolutely fantastic, but it's drowned out with all of the pure shit.
nobody will remember that Twin Peaks even had a season 3.

can't wait for an anti-David Lynch fan edit.
watching FWWM, then season 3 is such a smack in the face.
he pulled a Ridley Scott and forgot how to make films.
season 3 would've been so much better had it have been made in 1994.

now commence the terrible Twin Peaks memes and LYNCHED replies. you all know I'm right.

sounds like you got FROSTED

I wish I got FROSTED.
Frost would've cut out a lot of the bullshit, or at least changed the bullshit so that it's entertaining and not awful.

>he pulled a Ridley Scott and forgot how to make films.
>season 3 would've been so much better had it have been made in 1994.
Please don't bring sound logic into this.

Haven't seen it. I love MD, Elephant Man, BV, and EH though. Straight Story is pretty good too, in its own way.

Every person that I've ever spoken to that loves Twin Peaks admits that it's campiness is part of its charm. Everybody admits that it has almost universally bad acting. Everybody admits to its melodrama. Everybody recognizes that its aesthetic is akin to soap operas that they usually admit to hating.

>the people that like it will call anything he makes a masterpiece, regardless of what it is.
>the acting was bad, the effects were bad, the editing was bad.

Exactly this.

>watched The Return before FWWM
Why do plebs do this?

>can't wait for an anti-David Lynch fan edit.
i liked the return, but this

The last couple of episodes weren't on par with the rest of it but the ride was fucking amazing and I loved it.

>the night /tpg/ found Shaggy's blog

>hating ep18
I don't understand this. Why has the taste of Sup Forums gone down the plughole in the last few years?

You can make your points clearer by not saying 'worse than' which implies you don't like it. And your three friends who've seen TP don't hold much weight as a sample, but whatever

>the fact that Lynch could've just left the camera rolling whilst interns talked on the set about something that has nothing to do with the plot, proves that season 3 of Twin Peaks is shit.
the fuck is that first sentence

some hypothetical situation that isn't in the show doesn't prove anything about what actually IS in the show, you dumb fuck. It's fine if you didn't like S3, but god damn

you're right, it was more of a point about the fans.

It was a crazy ride when it was airing, but I don't think people will look too fondly upon it in the future when it gets bingewatched.

>has not seen FWWM
remedy this sinful negligence immediately

Who would like a mini series
B&W set around the girl with the creature in her and the lumberjack dudes?

got a light?

i would prefer a season 4 based around this than more coop tbqhw/u
the girl's sarah palmer, couldnt go too crazy with her at that point

Season 4 about Chester Desmond

was that ever confirmed?
I presumed it was.
The face taking off scene with older sarah in the bar was pure kino

I mostly loved it. But I also went in with my only prediction being that it would be Twin Peaks largely in name alone. I wasn't expecting how "meta" some aspects of it turned out to be, and while I don't think everything worked I'm glad it exists. This was pretty much the furthest thing from a shitty nostalgia baiting revival possible, and whether you think all of it was "good" or not they completely succeeded in bringing an experience unlike virtually any other series in the current television landscape and it's impressive to me on that fact alone. Having said that I hope there is no more Twin Peaks. To me the reading of that final episode is that we can't ever have more of what we think we want.

Should I get a Laura Palmer or a Twin Peaks waterfall shirt?

How are the extras in the box? Still waiting to get mine for Christmas.

Season 4 would make Season 3 rise from great to perfect

idk dude, if anything it's better upon bingewatch because you don't have to wait a week between episodes - it "flows" better.
Of course, it still flows extremely slowly.

I'm starting to feel this. I was really excited to get the blu-ray but after the first two episodes, while I understood them a lot better and picked up a lot of things I missed, was just a slog to get through. God damn, that pacing

I honestly think it's better watched at this pace

it's confirmed in The Final Dossier, and I agree, Sarah was the highlight of the limited series

Boring, typical bad-Lynch shit. Lynch can make great work, but TP season 3 wasn't it.

Twin Peaks was the ultimate merging of mainstream art with mainstream anti-art. To this day is holds up like no other tv drama from it's era. With season 3 it was just weird anti-art, like so much other stuff.

One of the best things I've ever seen. I can't stop thinking about it.

It was great. I had mixed feelings on how the special effects were handled, but I still really enjoyed it overall.

Season 3 is David Lynch's Prequel Trilogy

maybe elaborate on what was wrong with it and how it could have been better instead of just saying it was bad.