DUDE RELIGION IS EVIL LMAO

>DUDE RELIGION IS EVIL LMAO

It literally is, there were more people killed on the name of god than what Hitler and Stalin killed combined.

The film any good?

/ourgal/

Religion always starts a cult.

>The film any good?
yes, very

Lol

It's just people that ''evil'' (as defined by modern criteria in most civiliations.)
Doesn't matter if they are religious or not.

DUDE I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THE MOVIE LMAO

it's more about humans being evil, and god being an asshole. and environmentalism if you prefer to read it that way.

The film is a masterpiece, if pretty overwrought. Ignore Sup Forums brainlets.

Aronofsky I need you to hear this: Stop making movies. They are not good. Please stop

please go away. your opinions aren't needed ITT

shitting on something based on whether or not you agree with its perceived morals is wholly plebian behavior

mother! is a masterpiece dark comedy, anyone who disagrees is an moran.

Such a bullshit meme.

You truly, unironically did not get it.

noice

Whats to get? The dude is a demon or something

What a fucking shitty ass movie
lmao shut the fuck up

DUDE NATURE WOULD HATE US BRO WE DONT DESERVE TO BE AROUND WERE JUST LIKE PARASITES MAN BY THE WAY CAN YOU DRIVE ME TO THE SOCIAL SERVICES OFFICE I NEED TO PICK UP MY WELFARE CHECK

There is nothing to get in this movie, why you spergs are making shit up?

First of all, please don't watch this film if you have trouble understanding metaphors & symbolism.

It's pretty clear that there are quite a number of reviews/rants on this page with people expressing their hate towards the story and how it's been portrayed on screen. It's strange because it looks like they had absolutely no idea what they were watching... it's trivial and shallow to publish a review without any research. However, I do agree that it isn't an easy one to sit through, but some of the greatest films aren't. So again, please don't bother checking it out if your mind is closed, you won't appreciate this masterpiece.

To help deter unaccommodating opinions being regurgitated, I'll try to explain what made the film worth your time.

I believe there are two themes that can be interpreted from Mother!! Therefore, the use of an additional explanation mark is required.

***SPOILERS BELOW***

Religious Theory;

Pretty sure the inconvenient truth to this theory is that when the sh*t hits the fan, mother doesn't like people messing up her house (Earth). Apparently, Darren Aronofsky is not religious but he likes strong environmental messages. He also wrote the script in 5 days.. how long did it take God to create the world? Just saying.

Jennifer Lawrence is (Mother) Earth — The house is Earth.

Javier Bardem (Him) is God — Creator of life on Earth, loves attention, and forgives everyone.

Ed Harris (Man) is Adam — Invited by God to Earth (aka house)

Michelle Pfeiffer (Woman) is Eve — Created from Adam's rib (scene where Ed Harris was sick on the toilet)

The crystal is the forbidden fruit (apple)

The baby is the bread at the last supper "Body of Christ"

ITT bootypained brainlets who don't understand true art

t. brainlet that doesnt get a simple comedy movie

Religions have done a lot of evil in this world. Prove me wrong.

Holy reddit bait

Upvote for you kind sir

Typical urbanite brooklyn limp wristed faggotry. Nothing of interest here.

No, the movie is bad. it's very bad.

not only that, you're a brainlet.

>First of all, please don't watch this film if you have trouble understanding metaphors & symbolism.

>literally the most basic, surface level, non abstract depth possible in terms of symbolism

Need a source for that one, redditor

>comedy
Muh nigga. I thought I was the only one who got this.