MOTY

MOTY

Why are psychological thrillers that are marketed as horror movies the biggest pleb filters?

>Babadook
>Zodiac
Off the top of my head

They aren't filters they are just Dishonest. Trying to sell shitty drama as a based horror movie. Embarrassing it shows the director or producer has no confidence on the movie

>pleb filter

The VVitch

Great one.

movie of the yuck

>It Follows
>It Chases
>It's On it's Way
>It's Five Miles Away
>It's Knocking on the Door
>It it's on its Way
>It's Coming To Get You
>It Comes at Night 2: The recommening

>it comes at night
like your mom haha

Only thing that matters is the money the movie makes and horror movies are the most pleb-friendly only after comedies.
Normies will never go and watch a boring psychological thriller

Numales Come At Night was garbage and the personification of numale culture. "Scary" scenes that build up to nothing, because having no pay-off to "suspense" is suddenly edgy, cool and subversive. There is no sense of progression or finality in the story, neither do any of the characters have some kind of arc or lesson. It's just a series of straightforward scenes that build up to, as numales would say, "the greatest monster isn't some kind of mutant or zombie or disease, the greatest monster of all is man".

This movie is a great litmus test to determine who is a pleb. Low IQ people would pretend to like this movie because it has no pay-off to either the characters, story or "scary" scenes. Low IQ people will assume this is genius because it seems different and they want to seem smart, so they'll pretend they think it's genius. The latest trend of "horror movies where nothing happens" needs to fucking die, they're lazy and an excuse for filmmakers lacking in imagination or creativity.

The Babadook was shit. The Witch was good. Both were somewhat subversive. Plebs think Babadook is genius because the idea of a monster being used as a metaphor tickles their low IQ mind. The Witch was good by confirming the threat (witch) really does exist and is not a figment of the character's imagination or paranoia. The subversion comes from the fact the witch is only in the first twenty minutes and her actual presence and the fact she actually exists is what triggers the family to spiral into paranoia. Difference between that and Numales Come At Night? The characters and the story in the Witch have an arc and reach a sense of finality.

>the idea of a monster being used as a metaphor tickles their low IQ mind
Explain to me what's wrong with this.

>There is no sense of progression or finality in the story
Cool pasta but it's completely fucking wrong you retard. Did you even watch the movie?

Unlike my carefully plotted nine line post, your post is not an argument.

Is that genius to you? Oh shit the monster doesn't really exist, it's just a personification of her depression! So deep, brah. The only time this trope has ever worked is in Silent Hill. Despite the cringeworthy twist a 13 year old boy would come up with thinking it's genius after watching a Silent Hill 2 Let's Play, this does not at all change the fact the rest of the movie was a terrible, by the numbers, cliché haunted house movie. The monster looks like a fucking joke. The only good scene was when she read the book.

>So deep, brah.
>cliché haunted house movie
>monster looks like a fucking joke
You have failed to explain your point. All you did was expose the premise of the film in a patronizing manner, without explaining why it doesn't work. You were quick to talk about other films, however. That's all the proof I need to know you're talking out of your ass. Cool blog though.

>Embarrassing it shows the director or producer has no confidence on the movie

No, it shows that the studio funding it has no idea how to market something that doesn't fit the normal mass market genres

Objectively true post.

I'm still upset at how Drive was advertised. Not horror, but still.

>All you did was expose the premise of the film in a patronizing manner, without explaining why it doesn't work.
I did, try reading my post again.
>You were quick to talk about other films, however. That's all the proof I need to know you're talking out of your ass.
Oh no, someone's criticizing my favorite movie that I've invested my personality into! STOP TEARING ABOUT HORRIBLE MOVIES I ENJOY! The topic is about Numales Come At Night you ass blasted faggot, not Babadook. I brought up The Witch and Babadook in my criticism of Numales Come At Night because both are recent seemingly well received horror movies with similar themes of pretentiousness with how subversive they were. Point was to explain why and how it worked in something like The Witch because it was a genuine attempt by a talented filmmaker and why it didn't work in something like Babadook. Clearly it was necessary because smooth brains such as yourself are STILL confused, despite using similar films to clarify how this style of horror can work.
>That's all the proof I need to know you're talking out of your ass.
As opposed to the autist who cant stand someone criticizing his favorite movie. Not a single counter from you. Typical intelligence level of a Babadook fan.

tbf to the witch, it did have some genuinely freaky moments

Dude nothing happens so patrician

All I can fish out of your trainwreck of an argument is "cliché." That's not good enough, I'm afraid. There's not much to counter if you bring nothing to the table, friendo.

>this is the debate skills of a babadook fan

You've opened my eyes.

How can one person be so seething because someone deconstructed a beloved horror movie of theirs.

"thriller" is just a marketing term hollywood came up with so people who sniff their own farts can say they like a horror movie.

fuck this movie

NOTHING comes at night, what the fuck killed the dog? just a bunch of stupid pointless build up and plotholes just to get blue balled by a "life sucks" ending

>Numales

t. pleb

The message of the movie (which went right over your head because you're a fucking dumb ass) is that the greatest monster isn't what a special effects guy can come up, the greatest monster is you. It's man. Man does the most horrible things of all. Look at what our beloved "heroes" did in the movie. Do you get it?

>this buzzword riddled bait

Despite the ambiguity and mystery you'd have to be a brainlet to think that there was no progression to the story and that the ending wasn't clear as day.
The movie does indeed, in some parts, leave more to interpretation than your average thriller, but if you think that it's a movie where "nothing happens" you seriously need to watch more films. Comparing it to movies like the Babadook and the Witch just proves your unawareness. Despite their marketing, they are nothing alike.

The buzzwords are used in context with examples.
>the ending wasn't clear as day.
I did not ever once imply this, the point is the characters have no arc, the story has no sense of progression or finality. It just ends.
>The movie does indeed, in some parts, leave more to interpretation than your average thriller
You must be a low IQ smooth brain. As you just said, everything in the entire movie is clear as day.
>it's a movie where "nothing happens" you seriously need to watch more films.
In the literal sense, obviously stuff happens. What are you trying to do?
>Haha, I caught you out, a character pours himself a glass of water, haha, something happened, gotcha! Haha!
The point is the movie has no substance unless you think a movie telling you "the greatest monster is man" is worth 90 minutes of garbage.
>Comparing it to movies like the Babadook and the Witch just proves your unawareness. Despite their marketing, they are nothing alike.
The three of them are all recent "well received" (by numales trying to pretend to be smart) horror movies with subversive elements that I spelled out in my post. The Witch is the only one of the three with any substance.

>numales trying to be smart
Like you're doing right now?

>the real monster was the depression inside you all along xDD
brainlet please, normie white girls adore Babadook

Great argument.

It's literally soy men horror. Dude nothing happens look at this message so deep omg I'm so frigging superior for liking things other people don't

>muh jump scares

>soy
into the trash it goes

Yes jumpscares are scary, crybaby drama isn't

This movie was shit though. Not once did I feel tension throughout this film.

Nice strawman.

You better be baiting.

>doesn't even deny it
Go watch Ouija I think you'll like it.

>calling you out for using a strawman is not denying
Autism.

No argument huh. I accept your concession

Careful not to fall for it.

>The message of the movie (which went right over your head because you're a fucking dumb ass) is that the greatest monster isn't what a special effects guy can come up, the greatest monster is you. It's man. Man does the most horrible things of all.
So the same message as The Walking Dead? I was going to watch this but it's just been dropped hard. Sounds like reddit tier garbage.