Billy Dilley/Country Club thread

let's have a thread about these two upcoming shows for Disney

Billy Dilley is created by Aaron Springer (writer/board director on both classic and post-movie Spongebob, writer/boarder on Samurai Jack, director on Gravity Falls, director/writer/boarder on the Mickey Mouse Shorts, creator of the Periwinkle Around the World, Korgoth of Barbaria, and Baloobaloob's Fun Park pilots), while Country Club is created by the Houghton Brothers: Chris (character designer and storyboard artist/revisionist on Gravity Falls, Storyboard artist/revisionist on Wander Over Yonder, writer/board director on Harvey Beaks) and Shane (outline writer on Harvey Beaks)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c9uWLmx-HYU
twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/833010063572807680
twitter.com/catiewayne/status/849431232173756418
twitter.com/chrischoughton/status/826890790106329088).
youtube.com/watch?v=gOA6_A_AY60
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Both seem interesting, although the second show's art style doesn't appeal to me.
I gotta say that Disney XD has started to improve their shit recently, too bad shows there will always get shit ratings.

They both look interesting, but I see that little rat fucker in Country Club and I'm so not interested in animal comic relief

the bottom pic is Billy Dilley, not Country Club

>the creator of Korgoth of Barbaria finally gets his own series

It's about time!

Although I'm sure the two shows will probably be nothing in alike. Kind of hard to get a lot of murder and tits on Disney XD.

Known Billy Dilley crew members:
High up enough position that Vincent Waller called it "Aaron Springer and Clay Morrow's show" instead of just "Aaron Spinger's show":
Clay Morrow (Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff girls, Camp Lazlo, Chowder, Secret Mountain Fort Awesome, Kick Buttowski, Mickey Mouse shorts)

Writers:
Merriwether Williams (writer/outline writer on Angry Beavers, Classic Spongebob (notably on most of Aaron Springer's classic episodes), Camp Lazlo, early Adventure Time, MLP: FiM

Writers/Boarders:
Drew Applegate
Charlotte Marie Jackson (also known to have left to board on Star vs)
Andy Gonsalves (prop designer on Gravity Falls, writer/boarder on Uncle Grandpa)
Ben Adams (storyboard revisionist on Flapjack, character designer on Regular Show)

Character designer:
Robertryan Cory (Ren and Stimpy APC, The X's, Post-Movie Spongebob, Secret Mountain Fort Awesome, Gravity Falls)

Country Club Crew

Producer:
Rob Renzetti

Writers/Boarders:
Ben Adams
Charlie Gavin (boarder on Clarence, Chris Houghton's board partner on Harvey Beaks)
Cheyenne Curtis (character designer on Star vs and nuPPG)
Monica Ray (writer/boarder on Harvey Beaks)
David Gemmill (writer/boarder on Uncle Grandpa)
Matt Braly (boarder/director on Gravity Falls)

Zeus Cervas's linkedin also mentions moving onto to disney after working at Cartoon Network (on Uncle Grandpa), but who knows if this means Billy Dilley (as he was on spongebob for much of the same time as Springer, plus we know other UG crew is on the show), Country Club (as he had worked on Harvey Beaks, plus we know other UG crew is on the show), or Star vs (as he was on the show back in early season 1, plus his first Uncle Grandpa board partner Brett Varon is a director on Star now)

Hmm, the names behind these shows certainly have my attention.

>Merriwether Williams

THE WRITER OF BAND GEEKS, HELL YES.

This should be interesting. Williams is a good writer but /mlp/ hates her because she wrote one episode of Horses that was poorly received (it was bad but not THAT awful.) They even gave her a ponysona and drew art of her.

Ironically she later wrote an episode that's one of the most popular in the series, but the producers fucked up and credited it to another writer onscreen. Merriwether just can't win.

Why Disney is such a cunt and don't release more official information ike they did with Ducktales and Big Hero 6

In Ducktale's case it's because it's coming out first
In BH6's case it's definitely the brand recognition (though I think the BH6 show hasn't really gotten that much more promotion from disney than Billy Dilley)

>I think the BH6 show hasn't really gotten that much more promotion from disney than Billy Dilley
Then I guess this teaser slipped past you: youtube.com/watch?v=c9uWLmx-HYU

>MLP
Fucking dropped.

>Zeus Cervas
mhh that is weird since Vincent Walker said that he is writtin one episode for Spongebob Season 11

twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/833010063572807680

Additional Country Club crew members:

H. Caldwell Tanner (storyboard artist)

Ian Mutchler (storyboard revisionist)

Steve Lowtwait (background designer; former storyboard artist on Hey Arnold! as well as The Junge Movie)

Kassandra Heller (background painter; previously painted BGs on Clarence)

Tiffany Ford (previously boarded on Clarence and former color stylist on Steven Universe)

Pretttty sure Anna O'Brian and Chris Pianka (both Harvey Beaks veterans) are also working on Country Club

Country Club is gonna be the cutest fucking thing

Speaking of Billy Dilley .Marsha VA's Catie Wayne has exciting news but she cant share it yet maybe it means that Billy got renewed for a second season or that Disney will finally will reveal the air date of the show

>twitter.com/catiewayne/status/849431232173756418

it said on his linkedin that his stint at disney was in 2016, so (taking into account animation lead time) that doesn't contradict things

while that's admittedly more than billy dilley, that's still not much (and is understandable due to brand recognition)

Pretty sure that Aaron Austin and Carson Montgomery from Harvey Beaks will also be working on country club,

Why is Irwin in Country Club? I though he was a vampire mummy.

As a Harvey Beaks fan I'm pretty stoked for Country Club. The Houghton Brothers plus Monica Ray were all really great parts of that show, so I'm optimistic that this one will be good too.

>Dropped because of MLP like it's still 2011
Drop yourself down the stairs you knob. Paid work is paid work.

I don't make the rules user, I just follow them.
MLP is cancer.

I'm pretty confident that Chris Houghton'll be voicing the protagonist of Country Club (twitter.com/chrischoughton/status/826890790106329088). What do you guys think Cricket Green's voice is gonna be like?

Here's an interview with The Houghton Bros. for reference: youtube.com/watch?v=gOA6_A_AY60

>following rules
>2011+6
>I Shiggy diggy.png

>25 posts
>8 individual posters
>I'm one of them
Jesus Christ you guys

terrible