Justice League’s Steppenwolf Will Be a Motion-Capture Character

>“Justice League,” the Zack Synder-directed DC Extended Universe film set to debut in theaters this November, will focus on the newly formed Justice League’s attempt to stave off an alien invasion in the absence of Superman, who died at the end of “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.” The invasion will be led by none other than Steppenwolf, an otherworldly New God who will be played by “Game of Thrones” star Ciaran Hinds. While the 64-year-old actor seems like a strange choice to play an unfathomably powerful conqueror of worlds, it turns out that the film’s version of Steppenwolf will largely be a computer-generated character.

>“Basically they’re going to construct something, digitally, and then they will use my eyes and mouth,” said Hinds revealed in an interview with Independent.

>Hinds’ career stretches as far back as 1980, but the actor has never played role that required motion-capture. To prepare for the experience, he enlisted the help of actor and friend Liam Neeson, who recently came off a similar role as a giant talking tree in “A Monster Calls.” Hinds said Neeson sent him several pamphlets about motion capture acting.

>Hinds also dropped some extra information about his character, about which there has been precious little revealed. “He’s old, tired, still trying to get out of his own enslavement to Darkseid, [but] he has to keep on this line to try [to] and take over worlds,” he shared.

cbr.com/justice-leagues-steppenwolf-motion-capture/

Snyder we get it
you liked Excalibur

>puts title of the article in subject line
>posts the article with link and nothing else
>uses the same image from the article

When did this place become Reddit?

cause cyborg looks so great m i rite

how about some fucking practical effects now and then hollywood. look at how nice star wars 7 looks.

>look at how nice star wars 7 looks.

Did you prefer commentary?
Okay.
Because it worked so well for Doomsday, and Cyborg thus far.
Remember when DCEU defenders legit tried arguing that Cirian Hinds being cast meant Steppenwolf wasn't just going the model they used in BvS?
Lets all point at them, throw back our heads and laugh.

We knew this already

>who will be played by “Game of Thrones” star Ciaran Hinds.
hey not bad

No fuck practical effects for characters like this. Apocalypse and Ronan looked like shit. Thanos looks amazing.

Bring on the CG Stepphenwulf.

I'd prefer you didn't make a literal Reddit thread to farm (You)'s. If you don't like it, then just fucking make a thread and say it.

>Remember when DCEU defenders legit tried arguing that Cirian Hinds being cast meant Steppenwolf wasn't just going the model they used in BvS?
I can't speak for other people, but I only ever said the true statement that Steppenwolf will not be that color, because that is just what he looks like through Kryptonian skype and that story mural thing we see in MoS a lot.

>to farm (You)'s
You mean to submit a topic user might want to discuss? Heaven forbid someone did that on a discussion board.
For the record, this is the format I've always seen it done. Title goes in the subject because it typically summarizes the content that will be the primary subject of the thread. The germane portions of the article is put in the OP to expand upon the subject, and provide more information regarded to it. The link goes at the bottom so I don't farm for "source faggot."
It isn't reddit. It is literally the most basic reasonable format to start a topic with information from another source.

Can't wait for this movie.

You're not allowed to have that opinion.

Prove otherwise.

The big pig thing drinking water on Tatoo- I mean Jakku, looks terrible. It looks like rubber over a wireframe.

shitposting alongside the news is better?

I'm not too fussed about Steppenwolf being CGI per se, but it does depend on how his design looks in general. While I get that the image OP linked is a blue print of sorts for his design I'm wondering how it will look when it's colorized, plus how the face looks.

>Game of Thrones

Does every movie need someone from this show?

You can clearly tell where his real skin ends and the make up begins tho.
Practical babbies need to grow up.

And on cyborg you can literally tell where his real skin ends and the PS3 graphics begin, so what's your point?

>PS3 graphics
Why would I listen to a guy spouting one of the most stock memes around?

>it took thirty years, but we can finally turn dying men into cyborgs without sacrificing their eyebrows

Disappointing, but not surprising in the least. Christ.
I really do miss practical effects.

>Disappointing
how so
As mentioned before, Thanos looks fine.

>And on cyborg you can literally tell where his real skin ends and the PS3 graphics begin
If that's the power of a PS3 then I missed out.

I don't know. Its just that Steppenwolf, like a lot of the new gods, looks like a regular human. We really dont need to make him an overdesigned, CGI monster mash. And you cant really compare Thanos to him either, seeing how Thanos has more rugged features not unlike Darkseid (insert plagiarism joke). It just doesnt seem very subtle either. That said, I'll hold final judgment until actually seeing the design

This alone will guarantee a rotten score. Imagine if doomsday had a few lines in bvs and was the only villain. That's what Steppenwolf will be

You do know they used crappy stop motiom for Robocop right.

Not the same user, but we haven't seen thanos in action at all. He just sits in a chair and grabs a gauntlet at the end of guardians (or ultron? I don't quite remember), so I don't think he's a very good example. Meanwhile, as anons have already mentioned, cyborg looks like shit from what we've seen.

Honestly, my biggest problem with the DCEU right now is how shit the costume designs are. I haven't liked a single one yet, with the exception of wonder woman and deadshot.

>This alone will guarantee a rotten score.
The greatest film ever made has a rotten score though.

>comparing a potential steppenwolf to thanos instead of cyborg in the same movie

bitch what

>cyborg looks like shit from what we've seen.
Eh, I don't agree.

>my biggest problem with the DCEU right now is how shit the costume designs are.
I love Batman I think people that don't at least like his costume are trying too hard.

>This alone will guarantee a rotten score.
Directly competing with D*sney will guarantee a rotten score. The mouse does not allow others to play on "their" turf.

freddy got fingered was shit you petrol sniffing derro cunt

Can you read?
I was replying to a post talking about OP's Steppenwolf post.

christ on a stick

Ronan looked great.

My problem with Cyborg is that his design is needless busy, frail looking, and heavy on the CGI. A good blend of both practical and computer can do wonders, this just seems phoned in

it's on the same level as 2011 green lantern. we all know how that turned out.

I don't know why they would go down that road again.

Again, I don't agree. His design is much better than some recent iterations.

>we all know how that turned out.
Do we?
That GL movie is pretty bland and middle of the road, but people act like it's some atrocity.

Jim Lee isn't exactly world renowned for his costume design.

Unless collars make your dick diamonds

DCYou had the best cyborg design in a long time (2nd best ever in my opinion) and they threw it away for some clunky mess in rebirth.

>not an atrocity

high bar for the flagship film of the DCEU and the first appearance of the justice league on film.

lets compare it to the first modern appearance of batman on film (batman 1989) or superman's first (superman the movie) and ask ourselves is this something we should be satisfied with.

>Jim Lee isn't exactly world renowned for his costume design.
Exactly. People are acting like this Cyborg is so bad, but it's really in the upper half of Cyborg looks.

Here's another shit look.

His face in that picture is more or less the same as his JL face/face armor.

Batman '89 is bland trash though.
Batman Returns is the only good Batman movie from that era.

And Hackman and Otis do their best to tank any emotion Superman 77 tries to build up.

>Honestly, my biggest problem with the DCEU right now is how shit the costume designs are. I haven't liked a single one yet, with the exception of wonder woman and deadshot.
That's actually my one real praise for the DCEU.

Don't care for Superman, Cyborg, or the Joker and the Flash is still kinda questionable, but the rest range from good-to-great. I think Batman, Aquaman, and Wonder Woman in particular look great. Harley Quinn had a great look in SS and so did Deadshot.

If you're that harsh in your criticism, you may want to temper your expectations for justice league.

Why?
I loved MoS and BvS- and SS, while not that good, had elements that I enjoyed. Like Leto's Joker.

holy shit, armond white posts on Sup Forums

>His face in that picture is more or less the same as his JL face/face armor.
But cyborg's face doesn't really change much. The thing that really bugs me is when it looks more like a big clunky robot from the 90s than a real cyborg. He should have at least some skin showing, without going overboard or looking like a guy who taped some tin plates all over himself (like your pic and his original design).
>People are acting like this Cyborg is so bad, but it's really in the upper half of Cyborg looks.
Yeah, but both of those are correct.

I rather liked Leto's performance, just not the visual direction they went with him which is the fault of the director rather than the actor

for gods sakes at least let the man have eyebrows

?
1 out of every 2 critics liked MoS.

>looks more like a big clunky robot from the 90s
I'd say the inspiration is pretty clearly bayformers aesthetic

>that picture
That's even more overdesigned than the real one.

That looks so much fucking better.

I agree with you there. I cringe at the idea of him appearing in reeves' batman movies unless they straighten out his appearance.

But I thought the complaint was that the JL costume was overdesigned?

Also this.

Looks less overdesigned to me. I like the plating over his shoulders and legs. Arms kinda suck still and I hate how they still haven't covered up his torso.

>Looks less overdesigned to me.
>I like the plating over his shoulders and legs.
But that's just adding more shit on top.

>“He’s old, tired, still trying to get out of his own enslavement to Darkseid, [but] he has to keep on this line to try [to] and take over worlds,” he shared.
Cool. I hope Darkseid actually doesn't care about him though in his ALE race, and that Earth only gets his attention once Stepps reports that Superman came back from the dead.

man it's gonna be horrible to see what they do to these kirby characters

I disgree. I'm going to enjoy it. The comics are still there m8.

Movie Cyborg looks like an anorexic Transformer to me.

It looks more defined than the Bayformers shit they have, with exposed parts and stuff everywhere.

>tfw we'll never get a New Gods movie with characters close to their comic book counterparts, with inspired visuals that incorporate stuff like CGI Kirby dots
I hope they boot Snyder before they get to Darkseid and let George Miller to direct a New Gods movie and/or JL sequels.

>George Miller
Happy Feet sucked.
Happy Feet 2 sucked even more.

Mad Max: Fury Road is one of the greatest action movies of all time and easily eclipses everything that Zack Snyder has ever done and that was Miller's most recent movie.

>and easily eclipses everything that Zack Snyder has ever done
Eh, 300 was better. Mad Max has even less of a story and it makes it hard to stay interested in the 2 hour non stop action.

>Eh, 300 was better.
You have fucking shit taste, just like every other Zack Snyder cocksucker on this board and Sup Forums. Jesus fucking christ.

I don't even think 300 was that amazing, I just know that Mad Max didn't have enough meat on the bone, even compared to 300.

That just makes your opinion even fucking worse.

rude desu

I really hate that we're drinking from the New God well already. Plenty of other characters they could have used as threats without jumping straight to Darkseid. Moreover, New Genesis vs Apokolips has enough material for its own movie. We could have gotten Orion as the main character too

I liked 300 but really Fury Road was the better movie

A New Gods movie without any Batman would not sell.
50,000 nerds would see it and that's it.

They're actaully going slower than the comic it's based off of.
Darkseid isn't in this movie, when he was in the first JL arc.

They'll be compared to Thanos if they don't use the New Gods first.

Imagine if Thanos appears then Darkseid. Imagine the RT scores. This way, they'll be dodging some of the damage.

Here's your (you)

I'm not baiting tho.
And I didn't say the CG looked good.

Except Ronan looked pretty good. Apocalypse was shit though.

Exactly. You have to build up to this shit. Starting out with the New Gods right off the bat just doesn't really work and creates so many fucking issues, like: what the fuck are they going to do once that's over with?

>A New Gods movie without any Batman would not sell.
People said the same thing about GotG and like half the movies Marvel has made. If Marvel can make those characters work and turn them into huge successes, WB can theoretically do the same with the New Gods.

There's another problem. No one liked Johns' JL. Why even adapt it?

But the original King Kong has a 98%

We're not getting Darkseid, we're getting Steppenwolf.

>Swarms of Parademons fighting the forces of New Genesis
>Orion and Kalibak, each hating/wanting their adoptive fathers approval
>FUCKING DRAGON TANKS
>The Furies in their hot getups
>"This summer....The Gods go to war"
>Etc
With the right trailer, normies would eat that shit up user. The added benefit is them finding out "oh shit, this is in DC comics?"

>Imagine the RT scores.
Why?
Some of the best films i've ever seen have shit scores.

Going by Enchantress' bro in SS I'm not feeling it at all.

>Snyderfags are so delusional they actually think the only reason their shit movies get bad reviews is because Disney pays off literally every critic
>Even though people who aren't film critics think it's shit too
>Even though WB owns Rotten Tomatoes

>You have to build up to this shit

How is this not building that shit? You're acting like suddenly the entire goddamn New Gods franchise is in Justice League, when it's just Parademons, Steppenjob and probably just a very small cameo from Desaad or/and Darkseid.

>People said the same thing about GotG
But the reason GOTG worked is because they crack jokes every five seconds. The audience is never going to feel challenged or intimidated if you have constant wise-cracks, le I am groot, and dadrock.

>you are now imagining a New Gods movie with quips every 5 seconds

It might as well be Darkseid anyway considering we're doing full Parademon invasion. Which Johns Darkseid/Justice League story was trash by the way. And yeah I get it, "Thanos/Marvel did it first!" they will cry, but does it really matter now considering they're basically redoing the fucking plot to Avengers?
>Cube Mcguffin
>Portals in the sky
>Endless waves of screaming aliens until the portal closes
>Turns out the guy behind it all is actually working for a big evil overlord
>Tech hero saves the day
I mean Darkseid is practically the end all be all villain, unless they decide to use the Anti-Monitor. Plus, what are they going to do once Darkseid finally shows up, throw more Parademons at earth?

>>Snyderfags are so delusional they actually think the only reason their shit movies get bad reviews is because Disney pays off literally every critic
Hey now, don't go pigeonholing. I love the DCEU but I don't think Disney pays off reviewers.

El Diablo's final form was great tho.

>they're basically redoing the fucking plot to Avengers?
But the first New 52 arc came out before The Avengers.

>How is this not building that shit? You're acting like suddenly the entire goddamn New Gods franchise is in Justice League, when it's just Parademons, Steppenjob and probably just a very small cameo from Desaad or/and Darkseid.
That's a decent point, but my own point still stands. By starting out with the New Gods, you're using one of your trump cards way too early. Not to mention using some of the most powerful antagonists at your disposal. What can follow the New Gods and actually feel like a threat other than going full Multiversal crisis and having the Anti-Monitor as your bad guy?

>But the reason GOTG worked is because they crack jokes every five seconds. The audience is never going to feel challenged or intimidated if you have constant wise-cracks, le I am groot, and dadrock.
The jokes were part of the appeal for normies, but you wouldn't necessarily HAVE to do the same to make audiences like your character. Just have your movie well-written, the roles well-acted, and your characters well-presented.

>Darkseid, more like DADseid, amirite, Orion?
>Shut up, Lightray

I think what the user is trying to say is that going full Apokolips invasion out the gate is a poor decision, regardless if Darkseid shows up or not. Starro, Vandal Savage, Mongul, The Legion of Doom, Brainiac, all of which would have been acceptable options too

>I love the DCEU but I don't think Disney pays off reviewers.
Then congrats, you're not a Snyderfag.
I disagree, in that the only thing from the DCEU that looks promising is goddamn Aquaman, but different opinions are fine so long as no one feels the need to embarrass themselves.

It was decent, but Cyborg looks like trash, and Doomsday was also pretty bad.

>but Cyborg looks like trash
His face is great, and so is his demeanor.
>you should probably move
I'm happy so far.

>I think what the user is trying to say is that going full Apokolips invasion out the gate is a poor decision
Why tho?
Especially is big D is absent?