ROBIN HOOD First Look

>Young marksman Robin Locksley (Taron Egerton) and his rival-turned-ally, Muslim warrior Little John (Jamie Foxx), return to the land of Nottingham after the Crusades only to find it filled with crime and corruption masterminded by the corrupt Sheriff of Nottingham (Ben Mendehlson). They then join a group of outlaws led by Robin's boisterous half-brother Will Scarlet (Jamie Doman) to seek justice from Sherwood Forest, becoming the notorious outlaw known as "Robin Hood". As he engages in a dangerous battle against the Sheriff for the hearts and minds of the people of Nottingham. Robin sees his mission jeopardized by his blossoming relationship with Will's wife, Maid Marian (Eve Hewson).

Release on September 21, 2018.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pC96TuNag7o&t=3m46s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>hurr it has a black person in it hahaha WE WUZ KANG amirite

I don't think their clothes are authentic

When did Robin Hood have black people in it?

>underage faggot

>underage faggot

Christ how many times are they going to remake this tired story. Fucking write something original once in a while, Hollywood.

>iconic English folk hero Little John is played by Jamie "I fucking HATE wypipo" Foxx

>Not understanding Dave Chapelle's character is a parody of Morgan Freeman's character

Underage faggot

Since SJWs took over-

Even worse, he is muslim

>Jamie Foxx

WE

>Muslim warrior
Wait what?!

another one?
really?

A toll is a toll, and a roll is a roll.

Cultural Marxism strikes again. Always with white historical and folklore characters. Never the other way around.Pic related is the BBC sharing their leftist multi cult propaganda and brainwashing the youth into accepting it.
Little John is English. Africans aren't English
The character Morgan played was a take on a animated tv show which featured the first non white character who was supposed to be a Saracen from North Africa(Arab Berber) not a Sub Saharan west african. He is not part of the actual story in any shape or form.

>supposed to be a Saracen from North Africa(Arab Berber) not a Sub Saharan west african.

The Moors (West African Saracens) did in fact extend as far south as Black Africa and there were some black Moors, albeit they were a tiny minority. Of course Freeman was playing a Berber because "hurr Africa = black", but in fact his character does still work if you consider him Malinese instead. Black Little John is a slap in the face to the English and to the source material, making him Muslim as well is just the final shit cherry on top of the turd sundae.

>Muslims are good, gaiz we swear
>Especially in the middle ages where they were a constant threat to Christendom and the reason the Crusades started and why the main character left in the first place!

I don't get it.

There actually was a Muslim character in Robin Hood. He was an intelligent and honorable character who owed Robin a life debt. Why make Little John a Muslim?

Azeem was created for the movie and they'd have to pay copyrights to use him.

>Muslim warrior Little John
oh come the fuck on

I'll download it at least for Taron Egerton, the dude is pretty cool in and out of movies.

>STILL MAKIG ROBIN HOOD MOVIES

FUCK YOU MBA'S. FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU. HURR THE AMERICAN PUBLIC IS TOO STUPID FOR NEW IDEAS SO LETS JUST MASH THE SAME FUCKING SHIT DOWN THEIR THROATS AGAIN

>cast a black guy
>name his character Lil John

kek

ayo hol up

I think they probably included a black person in a major role for marketing purposes of the movie. I think some big American movies have started doing this more so than it was done a few years ago possibly due to a decline in the number of white people seeing movies in theaters rather than at home. So, I think the production companies believe, and possibly often rightly so, that they can often increase the number of black people who go to see a movie in theaters in america by having more black people in major roles in a big movie than they may have had in such roles a few years ago.

What I object to most about this is that in future, any adaptation of the story that DOESN'T have Little John as a black guy will be accused of whitewashing. Don't think it could happen? Look what happened to Mary Jane from Spiderman, her own creator has come out saying she's black now, deal with it.

WE

Bye.

Yo they just be ripping off Prince of Thieves.

Why is a black man a Muslim Warrior?

Wife Maid Marian
Wife
Maid

I didn't even notice that. Hollywood is the worst.

you do know that islam is a religion and not a race right bud?

>Robin sees his mission jeopardized by his blossoming relationship with Will's wife, Maid Marian (Eve Hewson).

spicy

A Robin Hood movie will never work because Hollywood is too leftist and they can't understand his character. They keep trying to inject modern ideals of class warfare or income inequality when really the character is a libertarian superhero. He doesn't rob the government to redistribute wealth, he fights the government so the people could keep what's theirs and he fights against oppressive government regulations that tell the people they can't hunt.

>Robin Hood
>libertarian superhero

It's the 12th century, brah. Not even the foundations of libertarianism were set yet.

FUCKING DROPPED

What are the foundations of libertarianism?

Individual rights, NAP

The Enlightenment

Not to mention a Muslim named John. Ever in your whole life heard of a Muslim names John?

Could you explain to me how the opposition to government regulations on individual rights like not being able to hunt freely or keep the wealth they earn don't count as libertarian?

What is Yahya?

>Jamie Foxx
>Muslim Warrior
Why aren't the SJW screaming out "MUH CULTURAL APPROPRIATION!!" or does this deluded nonsense bullshit term only apply to whites?

You mean Blackwashing, user. Surely there's Muslim actors somewhere.

Rob from the rich to give to the poor, punk bitch nigger

He didn't rob the rich, he robbed the government.

youtube.com/watch?v=pC96TuNag7o&t=3m46s

>he fights against oppressive government regulations

he fights for his birth right as lord of Nottingham and to re-establish the legitimate king as appointed by god and expel the merchant price john

... what?

I hope Marian cucks both Robin and Will with Little John

how many robin hood movies do we need?

The government is the rich.

He's a britbong superhero. Like Batman.

I have no fucking clue

The Arabic version of John and since John the Baptist is a Muslim prophet, there's plenty of Muslims named after him.

When I saw the thumbnail I thought it was a modern day remake

John the Baptist was Jewish, and I still haven’t ever heard or met a Muslim named John. You can say “there’s tons of purple penguins out there” but just bc you say it doesn’t mean I’ve ever seen or heard of one.

He robs the rich because the poor don't have anything to take. He gives to the poor so they will protect him from the sheriff's men, He's a folk hero, he's not motivated by any high ideals but by the same thing all common folk are motivated by, which is simply survival. This idea that he's a disgraced lord and all that shit is pure Hollywood, Robin is a common man who fights the power because he's been outlawed and has no other options.

>NAP

Nonsense concept that doesn't mean anything.

>rights

They had those in medieval England, it's called "the common law".

No dumbass, he robbed anyone with money, which in his time meant nobles and merchants.

Bullshit hollywood fantasy. Robin Hood was not a nobleman.

Is the character called Yahya? No, he's called John. Fuck you and you're sjew garbage, faggot.

are they blackwashing muslim character

>Muslim warrior Little John (Jamie Foxx)
>only to find it filled with crime and corruption masterminded by the corrupt Sheriff of Nottingham (Ben Mendehlson)
>Robin's boisterous half-brother Will Scarlet (Jamie Doman)
>Will's wife, Maid Marian (Eve Hewson).

Its like they've just taken all the lamest parts of the different film adaptations of the past 25 years
And put them into one film
And combined that then with the terrible King Arthur film from the start of the year

Are you 13 or retarded?

Because movies merge multiple characters into one all the time to simplify things and little john is one of the 6 characters in Robin Hood that people can name.

The was a British tv show in the 80s that started the tradition of adding a Saracen
The Costner movie ripped it off

>Nonsense concept that doesn't mean anything.
Get a load of this authoritarian jackboot-loving faggot.

John had to raise taxes because Richard the lionhearted who everyone praises when all he did was fight wars had bankrupted the country when he got captured and had to be ransomed
He didnt even speak English and spent only 12 years of his life in the country preferring to stay in his Norman holdings in France

Richard was dead
The taxes were to pay back the debt incurred from paying his ransom

Lolbertarians routinely disregard the NAP
See forced removal
Free helicopter rights
Every rightwing authoritarian they cream their pants over

>a massive debt is run up
>insists the king responsible for the debt is a great man
>complain about the taxes needed to repay it
>insist the king having to make these hard economic decisions is a vile despot
They're right, Robin Hood is a libertarian

>jamie fox

DROPPED

Sorry I don't know what those buzzwords mean.

Back to Sup Forums with you.

What's some essential blackwashed medievalcore? I've got:

Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
Once Upon a Time*
The Hollow Crown*
King Arthur: Legend of the Sword
Robin Hood (2018)

*TV series

>John the Baptist was Jewish

You think a Jew named "John" wandered around the Levant during the 1st century. lol You're either underage, ignorant or even worse, a burger.

"John" is the English version of a Hebrew named Yohanan. You have as much claim on that name as any Arab does.

>"My mother named Yahya after the prophet".
>"I'll call you John then."

Yeah. I love period films but I'm really uninterested in this shit desu. It hasn't even been like 10 years since the last one.

Explain to me how you would use the NAP to stop commies taking your land.
>this is MY land, you;re violating the NAP!
>no comrade, this land belongs to the people, YOU are violating the NAP

See? The disagreement is over PROPERTY RIGHTS, not the NAP.