Lena Headey

Is she even a good actress?

no

No

discount Eva Green

she'd be better if she stopped flexing her neck muscles every time she got angry. its gross and weird looking.

also i don't think i've ever seen her have a genuine smile in anything she has ever done

>i don't think i've ever seen her have a genuine smile in anything she has ever done
It's too cute for television.

so i guess she just plays "angry bitch" in every role, but IRL shes sweet and adorable
maybe she should play some more likeable characters

How do you judge whether someone is a good actress/actor?

They are the only good thing(s) left in GoT. And she's a pretty good actress to be able to say some of the absolute shit lines she's given and not make them sound too painful ("power is power").

you know someone's a good actor when you forget that they're an actor.

I think so. She's had some really great scenes in GoT. I know she was in 300 and Dredd but I don't think her characters in those films stand out as much.

I liked her in Dredd.

Yes, but she's repetitive. She's an A-rank character actor.

im a fan

pic related

Promise me, Ned

if they can remember their lines, look into the camera, hit their mark on cue

everything else is just subjective

Good character

Shitty character

The Sarah Connor Chronicles could've had a third season.

She does well with what she's given for Cersei.

I enjoy her body of work

>what shes given
>literally an entire series of novels
i do like her though. the incest scenes always gave me a semi

I remember watching Manchester By the Sea and was just sucked into the movie for 2 hours until Matthew fucking Broderick shows up and I just lose it and start cracking up.
Bad casting decision not helped by the fact that Broderick is synonymous with Ferris Bueller

She was great in these scenes.

The show doesn't give her much to work with and she has had some awful lines/scenes.

Glad you could make it, Ned

Is she pointing at a spicy meatball?

you sound like an absolute dipshit

much better Sarah Connor than the mother of burgers

I don't feel this is always true. Personally I'm not very observant so it's easy for me to fall into a movie and forget the actors are acting unless they're REALLY bad.

In many times I've thought "that person is a great actor" I've been thinking about the job of acting actively. It's especially obvious if you've seen a great actor in live theater. I think a great actor can make a scene feel aesthetic even when it's not. There's some sort of charisma to them. It's like looking a pretty painting of a landscape except with people emoting.