How do I get my brother to stop reading Marvel and switch over to DC? I don't want them to put any ideas in his head

How do I get my brother to stop reading Marvel and switch over to DC? I don't want them to put any ideas in his head.

Find out why he likes Marvel and rec a eqvilenent.

If your arguments are political, i doubt you will convince him, as racism, xenophobia, transphobia, homophobia are not based on rational arguments. You could point the bad writing to him but that would be hard because you don't read marvel. I would suggest you point him to good marvel/dc books and leave it at that.

Stop trying to dictate what other people are allowed to like and get over it.

If anyone should switch it's you not him

DC is shit and always has been

>You could point the bad writing to him but that would be hard because you don't read marvel.

Let him read what he wants.

Why does it have to be DC? Why can't it just be books that are good?
There's a lot of stuff by Darkhorse and Image worth checking out too. As well as stuff coming out of Europe and Japan.

he ain't gonna drop his Marvel, that doesn't mean he can't get interested in DC as well, see what he's reading and suggest him something similar

Why can't he read both?

If he reads carol or América, point him to ultimates.
If he likes inhumans, point him to royals or moon girl
If he likes avengers, point him to uncanny
If he likes xmen, point him to old runs :(
If he reads kamala or miles, point him to nova
If he likes the netflix shows, point him to andrews iron fist or Cage!
If he likes hulk, both books are solid
Just get him away from the bad books and it will be okay.

>Implying current Marvel is better than DC on a bad day

It took me about five years to finally start reading Dc after I started marvel, and I loved it and wondered why I waited so long
Then new 52 happened

My point is, let him discover things at his own pace

DCfags are truly the worst.

yeah right

>literally stop liking what I don't like

>better to have an empty head than think for yourself and ignore or refute from a position of study the things you disagree with

wow, DCfriend, wow

stop being a fanboy and let him read what he wants to read

you DC people are so weird about this shit

>switch over to DC
Why? "Hey, you're reading shit, here's some shit that had perfume sprayed on it instead!"

Why not recommend some actually good books? Hell, if he insists on reading capeshit then at least recommend Valiant.

Why would you want him to read the inferior universe? Marvel has a history and continuity and DC made a mess out of theirs.

>Irrelevant Horse
>Image "We Want the SJW Hipster Audience" Comics
>"I-it's french therefore it's good!"
>weeaboo shit
DC Rebirth is the only thing in the current comic industry that isn't absolute garbage or SJW pandering trash. What's the point of getting him to stop reading Marvel if I'm just going to get him to read something that's just as if not more liberal?

Marvel has too many niggers. I'm not a racist, but I hate black people and I don't want marvel brainwashing him into thinking these "people" arent just talking monkeys.

test

You and your brother need to expand your horizons and get some fucking taste.

This, the new Ameirca book is SLAYYYYYYYYY YASSSS QUEEER

It takes some time to get a good outsider perspective (and to get some taste), but Marvel and DC and most/all current American comic publishers are garbage.

Nowadays, artists and writers lack the fundamentals of making good comics. The average manga is readable at any random chapter and certainly from beginning to end (readable, not necessarily great) because the Japanese industry recognizes fundamentals: solid episodic writing, good character design, exciting and dramatic pacing, pristine panelling, intense spreads, etc.

All of which is to say, being a fanboy of the current American comic publishers is...ridiculous.

This.

Valiant will, at the very least, not overload him with books that he "has to" read.

>MACfags trying to steal Carol's meme
Fuck off, there's only one YAAS QUEEN and she sure as shit ain't some chicano cunt.

You're LOCX if you think Carol is anywhere near as great as America is