‘The Simpsons’ Team Considering How to Handle Apu Backlash, Hank Azaria Says

decider.com/2017/12/04/hank-azaria-responds-to-the-problem-with-apu/

>The Simpsons team is looking at how to handle longtime Springfield resident Apu Nahasapeemapetilon after a recent wave of criticism of the controversial Indian character. Notably, Hari Kondabolu’s documentary The Problem With Apu examined how the character reinforced hurtful cultural stereotypes. But Hank Azaria, who has voiced the character since 1990, has remained quiet publicly about the matter. TMZ recently spoke with Azaria, who said that the documentary was definitely food for thought and could inspire change on the show.

>“I think the documentary did make some really interesting points, and gave us a lot at The Simpsons to think about and we really are thinking about it,” he said. “Definitely anybody that was hurt or offended by any character or vocal performance is really upsetting that was offensive or hurtful to anybody. I think it’s an important conversation and one definitely worth having. We’re just really thinking about it and it’s a lot to digest.”

"Backlash"?! There is NO fucking backlash, it's one faggot Indian-Canadian who made his self righteous POS documentary. Literally every comment on every clickbait site bringing up this faggot is on the side of Apu, most of all Indian people from all countries who like him, I like how this failed comedian thinks he not only represents the 99.99% of Indians who love Apu, but thinks he can make demands from the show itself

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_peUxE_BKcU&t=70s
youtu.be/38UZWDQBeVQ?t=75
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I ironically hope they kill off Apu in a wildly violent manner, and his last words are him breaking the fourth wall: "Happy now? Or does this offend you further?"

edgy

you guys are really fucking threatened by any kind of change directed at white people by those who aren't huh?

They should have him killed by Sneed.

I'm quite serious? It would be a refreshing change of pace for a TV series or movie to not back down, and instead to say, "this is what you want? Fine, here you go, but on our terms, not yours".

Pretty much. The only people I've heard complaining about Apu are 20something white liberals who frequent tumblr and reddit.
Most Indians don't give fuck.
It's highly preferable to giving a more realistic Indian character that's raping random women and spamming random facebook girls with "send bobs and vagine"

Bitch ladgana

they should have Sneed run the kwik-e mart

Well they killed off Flanders wife when her stupid voice actress asked for more money. If anyone should be angry about stereo types its white people with red necks or nazis. At the end of the day w all know this has nothing to do with apu and everything to do with this piece of shit and 15 mins of fame

They need to have a Hari Kondabolu character on the show and make him the biggest Indian stereotype ever seen; Driving like a psycho, eating curry, working at a call center, shitting on the ground, raping a chick.

But I'm black

>The only people I've heard complaining about Apu are 20something white liberals who frequent tumblr and reddit.

So you admit to frequenting Reddit and Tumblr? GTFO

Apu is perfect the way he is now

t. South asian

who cares, simpsons should have been cancelled after troy mcclure pased

as much as I hate sjw wankery, I hate modern simpsons far more, it's grown a nation full of homer simpsons

So you remove Apu and his family. Now the Simpsons has no Indian presence, for good or bad.

>Apu shows up speaking normally, is yellow skinned and simply from Indiana
>all characters act as if this is the way its always been.

If Simpsons had the balls theyd do this.

can I lynch you?

When are we gonna talk about the Willie the Groundskeeper problem?

Nah, I just listen to vidya game podcasts made by people who frequent those places.
Won't lie, I go on r/pcmasterrace to feel poor every now and then

Do black people like Sneed?

Only if "lynch" means tickle, and "you" means my balls

why do black people vandalize stores for instagram videos?

I'll be ready to go after I play Death Stranding

>they killed off Flander's wife
and that was a terrible decision

if they get rid of Apu they need to look at all their other characters that are based on stereotypes such as comicbook guy and mr burns and get rid of them too

Little known fact: Black people fucking love Seinfeld
Sneed is a forced meme, sorry bud.

I can't speak for all black people. I just watch anime, study, and watch kino.
Just finished The Foreigner. Good shit
Why do whites in Utah inbreed and gestate piles of unrecognizable cells?

That's why they aren't doing anything about it. "Having a conversation about it" is corporate doublespeak for "We've heard you and will act like we care but we are just going to wait for this to blow over".

I'm guessing his "humour" is about punching up?

OP is right. You've got to hand it to Hari though. He picked a great target that he knew would get headlines and an angle he knew couldn't be criticized in our mainstream social media climate.

why do you care? do you still watch this garbage?

I just realized I said I can't speak for all black people, right after saying black people love Seinfeld.
Correction: Lots of black people like Seinfeld

This dude is probably some low caste shit in India. India's pretty fucking racist to their own people. I wish we could restart a white ethnostate there with all of the brown chicks.

or something like this with apu smacking hari's head off

Formally Apu's

Man I hate that term.

Apu died on his way to his home planet.

>You've got to hand it to Hari though
I do, biggest asshole of an indian ever

Oh man, that's amazing. The world has gone stupid.

Funniest thing is that Apu has always been written as intelligent, hard-working and even popular with women while most white male characters (Homer, Wiggum, Cletus, Lenny...) are shown as extremely retarded

The thing you have to understand is that all the outrage you hear in cases like this isn't from actual Indians. It's from second-gen Indians, people who were born in America. People like that are stuck in this in-between place where they aren't fully Indian and they aren't fully American so they go out of their way to try and embrace their Indian heritage and prove how Indian they are. On the other hand, the average Indian immigrant like me doesn't give a shit about Apu or any other portrayals of Indians in media. I'm just glad to be out of that poo in loo shithole and living the dream working as a Pajeet developer in the US.

yeah that shit isnt getting cancelled like Silent Hills.

>Kill off Apu as a response to him being "racist"
>People now complain that there are less minorities
You can't win.

This. So much this.

In India if you're born in one of the lower classes, the classes above you can fuck with you as much as they want.

Being born in the lowest class is hellish, the only job you'll ever get is manual work and you're treated like a slave by everyone else.

They can beat, humiliate and even rape you and the authorities do nothing, absolutely nothing.

The government is completely corrupt and they only want to keep that system going.

That stupid cow religion (which they don't even believe in) is constantly changed by their "priests" to bury the lower classes even more.

In India your fate is decided the day you're born. You're stuck in that class forever, slave labor for you and your sons.

Indians are complete subhumans.

how many white girls did you fuck?

>apologizing for potentially hurting peoples feelings

Golden Age Simpsons didn't give a fuck, those writers would have written the protester off as a whiny faggot.

For future reference it's caste not class.

>started complaining about Apu at uni
>suddenly people like me

Nah, that would be like 3 years of budget and hype just fucking gone. They'd at least make the footage into a movie to recoup some of the budget.
But my biggest anticipation of 2018 is Ghost of Tsushima

Have fucked 3 white girls. I'm currently dating one and we've been going on for 1.5 years. She's Finnish, but I treat her like a human

REMINDER

youtube.com/watch?v=_peUxE_BKcU&t=70s

>Finnish
>white

lawl
liberals: nothing will go unruined

Hot as fuck. I hope you marry her and make tons of multiracial babies.

No need to get so emotional guys.

What the hell do you care

She's barren, so that's unlikely

We went to visit her family this past summer and the whole countryside was mainly whites. A lot of them had never met a black person in their lives.

Have you told her Finland isn't a real country? It's a Jap conspiracy to circumvent fishing regulations (hence the name FINland)

>people still post my westworld oc
:)

Reminder that this will always happen whenever you let ungrateful brown people into your nation.

Same shit different street.

He's probably one of those white male cuckolds I hear lurk around these parts.

Indian girls are fun to raceplay with because they actually want British Rule to return.

Did you make this one too?
Season 2 is gonna be such a clusterfuck.
I'm waiting for the right time to tell her.

I might have cared about this 20 years ago when the show was actually good and funny.

They already did an episode that poked fun at exactly that sort of thing.
youtu.be/38UZWDQBeVQ?t=75

Libshits as usual have no sense of humor and rarely consume/enjoy the material they bitch about.

because I want to see others be happy? is suddenly wishing other people happiness a crime?
then you should break up with her. or if you like her so much you should use a surrogate mother

>Finnish
>white
>human

>"Backlash"?! There is NO fucking backlash
Exactly. It's all astroturfing.

They did the same thing when they tried to change the Indian's mascot. Lots of astrotrufing online from SJWs and their sockpuppet twitter accounts. Then The Washington Post does a poll and 90% of people say it isn't offensive or they don't care.

> most of all Indian people from all countries who like him
You guys really are [white] privileged as fuck. Every thread about whitewashing of Asians in Hollywood, you dumbasses also come out the woodwork saying "but Asians in Asia!"

Newsflash, retards: East Asians/Indians in Asia don't exactly have the most experience with identifying racism. Right now you're using Asians in Asia as a reference point for how racist/not racist something is, and tomorrow you'll be shitting on Asia for being a super racist place. Pic related.

>tomorrow you'll be shitting on Asia for being a super racist place
Why would I do that? I spent a semester in Tokyo and I've never been treated so well.
Went to China 2 summers ago too and people could give less of a fuck about my race. They were too busy hating Koreans

I hope they don't pull a South Park and have it turn out that Apu was actually just a mentally ill white guy with a tan living out the life of a caricature-esque first generation immigrant.

Wait is that what they did to City Wok guy?

Yes, in one episode they reveal he was actually a crazy white doctor with multiple personality disorder.

yeah that was gay. jesus they need to put that shit show down already

Oh come on, that was actually funny.

If Apu is a stereotype why is it every Indian guy who's ever helped me on tech support sounds exactly like him?

Why are stereotypes wrong when they're so often correct?

Sadly

Were they all named Steve?

Because you aren't allowed to acknowledge differences in people. There is only one race, the human race.

I think all of the character's scenes prior to that episode combined were funnier than that one episode, but particularly because we believed he was a character designed explicitly for taking the piss out of first gen chinese immigrants who run takeout restaurants.

HOLY SHIT

Don't Scots love him?

Indians born overseas get butthurt when they come to realize that under different circumstances, perhaps in another life, they would have been just another Peter from Microsoft Tech Support cold calling you in the middle of the day about your computer "having a wirus" in their funny little accent.

Fapu and Sapu

Are the Indians living in the UK and America from the lower or upper classes? It'd have to be mixed I guess, but maybe more lower? You don't see too many paler Indians overseas, it's always the Southerners.

what are we going to do about homer?
>Don't burgers love him?

North and south, they're always either from well-off families or huge lower-middle class families. You get some piss poor ones now and again if they're one of those hardcore med school student types and their families dump all of their money into getting them educated so they can send money back home.

I don't know about india, but with Bangladesh it's upper and middle class that get the opportuinity to move overseas. The poor lower class are doomed to a life of hard labor and indentured servitude in their homeland.

I hope he gets deported for being in the country illegally just as a last fuck you.

It's not hurtful but realistic. We have similar people to Apu in the UK and they are great. Even Brexit voters like them.

>Fingolians
>white

Because actual immigrants are pleased as punch to just not be in India anymore. There's a reason they will take any job because anything is better than India.

Change for hurt feelings is retarded.

Literally every 7/11 pajeet sounds like him.

They should kill off the show.

Incoming Blog Post
This, so much fucking this. I'm from Pakistan (formally India) and my family got the fuck out of that shithole because they were killing people of our minority faith. My little brother was born here (Canada), he's never been to Pakistan in his twelve years of life but he is legitimately patriotic towards that shithole even when my whole family talks shit about it whenever it's on the news. His favorite damn sport is Cricket of all things. This would be understandable if we lived in a multicultural waste dump like Mississauga or Vancouver, but we live in a small white town. All his friends are fucking white! This is so damn perplexing. No one born in a foreign country is offended at that country's stereotypes. It's always these second gens that get assmad over the slightest joke.
Rant Over

These.

That sucks man, sorry to hear it. Of all places to be prideful about too, Christ.

I think this is because the second gen kids are actually absorbing the culture of their new country, which in this day and age can mean being overly politically correct and thin skinned. They won't all have that attitude but it's one of the influences they might choose to follow.

Get that kind a set of hockey gear and some Tim Hortons stat.