I'M THE AVATAR! YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH IT!

>I'M THE AVATAR! YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH IT!
What did you think of this first impression back in the day?

>back in the day
2012 to 2014 wasn't too long ago.
Right?

i was just happy to see the avatar universe back.

"ha cute, apparently aang was a loser"

Happy.
Then despair

A bit on the nose, but I let it pass.

I certainly didn't expect the series of disasters that would follow.

2012 was half a decade ago.

I have never seen a series go to shit so fast in those last two episodes of the first season. I could get past the love triangle and Asami on the verge of being a villain and never becoming one. But they ruined such a great villain with a perfectly morally grey cause. Amon was a villain you could actually root for.

And I think the Koh theory would be a perfect bridge into the next season about spirits. Imagine, no DARK AVATAR.

I literally made this face when she said that, but then once we got to the scene of her exiting the boat and entering Republic City and started fighting with the Triads and escaping the cops, I pretty much forgot about what she said as a kid and grew faith for the show's potential.

Too bad the show ruined said potential with Season 2, rebuild it in Season 3, and shat on it yet again with Season 4.

Cringed, but pleased when she was eventually broken.

seeing Toph again was the high point of the series

I also don't know why people liked the avatar Wan episodes so much

>avatar Wan
because it wasn't korra fighting nega-avatar you could almost pretend it was it's own series

I didn't want a female protagonist because I knew this exact shit would happen.

>I didn't want a female protagonist because I knew this exact shit would happen.
>there have been hundreds of female avatars but this one is special and deserves to be hated because she said some words when she was a baby
yeah man, sure, there's no possible way that a 5 year old who figured out how to control 4 different elements might be cocky AND say stupid shit, it has to be entirely a "I'M A VAGINA, YOU FUCKING FAGS SO FUCK YOU."
you're fucking autistic

>who figured out how to control 4 different element

3 actually, i think the series suffers because of how old the team avatar is

It was a mixture of

The Avatar Spirit manifested early because of something Aang did so the next Avatar discovered their powers early.
and
Now that the world is less divided due to the events of ATLA, the illusion of separation can come down more easily thereby allowing people to mingle and interact with their neighboring nations which changed the dynamic of the universe which influenced the Avatar spirit. It always seemed iffy to me that a person who was born as the Avatar didn't know they could bend multiple elements until their biological clock struck 16 years of age except until some old men told you.

nah man, aang is just a loser who doesn't have any natural talents.

Aang was 12 when they told him. It was everyone else after Wan that apparently didn't find out until 16.

>i think the series suffers because of how old the team avatar is
The series suffers for LoK because it did not need a team avatar. It was not required and served no purpose, even to the characters as their own separate selves.

Adorable.

Half cringed but didn't care because the first episode had the charm of AtLA and it still came off as a new idea of a brash, arrogant avatar who would learn to become spiritual, understanding and noble. The major hype preluding the sequel also made me biased - but when that horseshit of a love triangle came into play I started to have major doubts on how things might end.

I thought it was funny. Aangs issues with bending the elements came from emotional baggage so I was fine with her figuring it out as a kid.

I developed other issues with the show as time went on though.

>Korra tells Tenzin to fuck off the entire season, pretty much stops even attempting to learn the mentality, let alonw airbending.
>Last episode
>I can air bend? I CAN AIR BEND!

>yfw

I think it's no wonder we have statistics like this.

"Oh, no. This is gonna suck, isn't it?"

And it did.

I love how triggered anons get when I bring this up. There's no way they would've made a dude master 3 out of 4 elements, it's all strong womyn bullshit.

>there have been hundreds of female avatars
Too bad they couldn't write a good one. The closest I can think of is Kyoshi, but she was just cool looking.

>you're fucking autistic
REEEEEEEE I WANTED A MANLY MAN

>seeing Toph again was the high point of the series

>Hey remember that thing you like
>HERE IT IS AGAIN

You're why hollywood is creatively bankrupt

I didn't like the scene but I liked what it meant, that Korra was a very different person then Aang

is there like a watch list for Korra I only watched the 1st season, which I liked, and got board halfway through the 1 ep of season 2.

It perfectly set the tone for the rest of the series.
Utter and complete failure in every single aspect, disappointment beyond imagination, an ending that has gone down in infamy as the only thing worse than being silently cancelled.

>>Korra tells Tenzin to fuck off the entire season
You mean episode 2 and nothing further when Tenzin was trying to teach an element that is based on freedom by limiting how it is done when his children picked it up without his help as evident by Meelo and Jinora doing things their way and managing without him?

I thought her chubby little tum- tum was adorable and I just wanted to tickle her.

I liked it. I really thought that we would get an Avatar who shits on everyone and just does her own thing rather than being a push-over. Then they crashed this image in the very next scene.

No man. Just stop. Don't try to watch it.

>There's no way they would've made a dude master 3 out of 4 elements,
Aang tries to waterbend and gets it right on his first try.
Aang tries to firebend and do it properly the way Jeong Jeong tells him. Aang gets bored of that and firebends naturally.
Aang tries to earthbend but just can not seem to get it in one afternoon oh wait no he got it.

Meanwhile they have Roku surpass his teachers with extravagant displays of bending that are shown to involve actions that can cause damage and he isn't chastised for lacking restraint.

>It always seemed iffy to me that a person who was born as the Avatar didn't know they could bend multiple elements until their biological clock struck 16 years of age except until some old men told you.
If you didn't know you could fly, would you try jumping off a roof?

If you lived in the water tribe, would you ever think to try bending fire?

>If you lived in the water tribe, would you ever think to try bending fire?

Yes. Because it's awesome.

>mfw I tried to kamehameha 10 billion times as a kid

cute!

>If you lived in the water tribe, would you ever think to try bending fire?
If you were told stories about the Avatar by your parents.
If you are a kid and watched something that you thought was cool on the internet or on TV, would you repeat it in some fashion?

Also airbending also involves arm and leg movement to bend the element, not straight up flying by jumping off a roof.

if you didn't know you could fly, you wouldn't just jump off a building would you?

could be that most avatars simply dont try bending other elements because they dont think they can

>if you didn't know you could fly, you wouldn't just jump off a building would you?
Did you not read any other post up above?
>>mfw I tried to kamehameha 10 billion times as a kid
It's a long time ago but do you recall having fun as a three or four year old child? Or perhaps if you had recess as a kid in school and interacted with others in your school.

Especially for this new world that has the wife of the last Avatar living among them during a time where the world is intermingling after a 100 year war. Stories are told and an excitable child could mimic the movements that people would show to talk about an event that happened.

Also you two have a weird idea about flight if you think it means jumping off a building. Do airplanes jump off a building or do they take off on solid ground? Do birds jump off a building or do they leave their perch by flapping their wings?

Tenzin was the hero we needed, not Korra

>It's a long time ago but do you recall having fun as a three or four year old child? Or perhaps if you had recess as a kid in school and interacted with others in your school.
>Especially for this new world that has the wife of the last Avatar living among them during a time where the world is intermingling after a 100 year war. Stories are told and an excitable child could mimic the movements that people would show to talk about an event that happened.
I'm not sure what your point was? my point was agreeing with the fact that it is possible for children to mimic things that adults wouldn't try because I specifically remember attempting to perform the kamehameha

You're missing my point and focusing more on the wording of the analogy.

The point is - if you didn't KNOW you had a secret superpower, you probably wouldn't do things to test whether you had that power or not.

If I don't have any reason to think I'm faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, or able to leap tall buildings in a single bound - I'm probably not going to go out of my way to to try dodging cars on the highway, lifting trucks with my bare hands, or jumping up to the top of a tree to rescue a cat.

>Awesome, we get a kickass female lead kicking ass and taking names with nice animation and fights in an interesting world.

I was so hopefull back then. I even managed to stay engaged right up until the end even through the rough spots of pointless love drama and season 2.

I dealt with it.

5 years is long when you're 17

>all that hype and excitement for LoK that dissolved when we slowly realized it was complete shit

Only thing worth watching is book 1 and 3.

I didn't hate the new characters half as much as I hated seeing the old ones again.
>Hey, guys, remember Katara?
>Hey, guys, remember Iroh?
>Hey, guys, remember Toph?
>Hey, guys, remember Zuko?
>YOU LIKED THEM, RIGHT? HERE THEY ARE AGAIN

No, fuck you. I absolutely hated their forced appearances, especially Iroh and Zuko, because at least Toph did something in the plot.

>pretending he even mastered Earth or Fire by the end of the final battle
>ignoring Aang royally screwed up Kataras hands because he didn't understand the fundamentals on how to use control and patience
>Pretending moving a few rocks is the same as bending three elements at toddler age

You're just retarded. I don't even know whether you're arguing for or against Korra but your logic is absolutely atrocious and seemingly autistic (literally). It's the only plausible outcome to why you think the way you do.

Never finished the first episode

>Guys look! You liked Sokka right? Mako's just like him!
>except with none of the tactical intelligence, fighting skill, grounded world view, creativity, perseverance, or a goal to work towards
>...but look he did something silly!

And also a boner.

Almost every past Avatar is portrayed OP as fuck with zero flaws. That's because they're not a main character or otherwise they'd be boring to watch in the longrun. Comparing them to the hero of our story is stupid.

Cute and a stark contrast to Aang.

I never watched Korra, but aren't they only supposed to tell the avatar who they really are on their 16th birthday?

yeah but that doesn't do anything if a kid hears stories from elder Katara about how kick ass the avatar was when he was bending, and it definitely doesn't stop children from mimicking the people they idolize which might lead that kid to discovering their powers

A good hero should have flaws.
She shouldn't BE a flaw.

>Do birds jump off a
Yes, lot' of birds actually do throw their young out of the nest when they're "teaching" them to fly

to be fair birds don't have a 50/50 chance of whether or not they'll be physically capable to fly.

In Atla Aang was never a waterbending master outside of the avatar state. He was just kinda Katara's back-up.

>violent crime statistics of an extinct race is higher than that of a nation of war criminals

meh

asami was pure love though

asami on top of korra even more so

suck it fags

Her character as a child was nothing like her character on the show

If you're 15. It was a third of your life ago
Practically half of the life you remember

>its almost like babies grow up

I'd been a naysayer since I got sick of the hype train, so it was just more ammunition for me

>tfw all your cynical predictions were rewarded by the trainwreck that LoK became
It was a good feel indeed

>war criminals
>implying there is a UN in the avatar universe to establish what is a war crime and what is not.

She was swapped at some point

There is, it's called the Avatar

I thought Korra was cute.
I really liked the 1920s style city,
I ended up getting bored of season 1 halfway through. (The finale didn't leave any impact honestly)

Its built again for season 3. Then it was just lulz for season 4. The lesbian ending gave much shit posting I enjoyed it.

I thought it was cute.

Then she grew up and I got a boner.

Then I actually watched the show and wished she was in a better one.

The end of the brothers was good.

>pic related
I had this gut feeling that Korra was going to suck when this happened.
I wanted to be proven wrong.
Unfortunately I wasn't.

I'd say this was the least of the show's problem.

>Then I actually watched the show and wished she was in a better one.
She was a lot of what was wrong in the show tho.

I thought it was cute
Looking back it was a sign of things to come and I shouldn't have had my nostalgia goggles on

Can't blame the retard, you blame the parents. If she had better writing backing her she'd have been right next to Aang, maybe even greater.

Most of Sup Forums had the hype, don't kick yourself friend.

Exactly this.

He character concept isn't bad, it's the handling of her.

Not sure if inept writers or kids' network is to blame, but the story ruined the character, not the other way around.

Clearly inept writers. I'm baffled people are still making excuses for Bryke to this day

I loved it. It's mostly mysoginistic shit lords that care

Yes, if she was written better she might have been a great character. She would also be a completely different character.

Korrasami is the most boring, least eventful aspect of the entire show.

Seriously, every time those two are onscreen together, any charm the two have when separate just sort of disappears in favor of these two just existing next to each other in the shot. They don't really have any interesting chemistry or dynamic that doesn't have to do with poking fun at the only competent character in the entire show mako. For the life of me, I just don't see the appeal outside of fanart.

Bryke has somehow managed to make the idea of two insanely hot girls hooking up a dull affair. That's actually kind of impressive. Honest to god, Masami had more charm than either other ship that involved any two of those three together

I'd suspect at least some S&P preventing them from acheiving moral complexity, but who knows

I thought it was the perfect introduction that told you everything you should have needed to know about Korra's character. Unfortunately she turned out to be a boyfriend/girlfriend-stealing drama queen.

It's definitely the inept writers. Aang was on a kids show and still managed to be an interesting, complex character.

Aang was. Ozai, however, was less so than, say, Amon. Amon offered complex ideology about inequality, and was proptly derailed. Ozai was just "Lol, let's conquer people and steal burn shit"

I was confused and a little angered. Then I got even more angry when they showed shit like
>Tons of metal benders
>Any old fire bender can now lightning bend
etc.

Why the hell did things that were difficult in TLA suddenly be piss easy? How shit is zuko if every last twat can lightning bend but he cant?

And yet he was infinitely more interesting and well used.

Ozai was the kind of villain a character like Aang needed. He wasn't complex but that was the point; he was not someone Aang could empathize with and talk down like he so loves to do. How they ultimately resolved the conflict however was questionable, and the pattern repeated in LoK but amplified. Amon was a perfect foil for Korra, but then they dropped the ball hard when she actually had to confront him.

Honestly, if we had paid attention to the signs we would've known LoK would suck even before it began, but the hype was blinding.

>Number of Air Nomads in the Single digits
>commits 7% of crimes in a large modern city
The Fire Nation did the right thing.

What's wrong with boring? Have you never been in a relationship? Some people ARE boring and LIKE boring. I'm boring as fuck and so is my partner.

And that's why you're not on tv

"I don't like Korra and Asami together because they are boring." is not a good enough reason. Korrasami is canon. Get over it.

How about it being nonsensical shit?

How so? Because you say it can't happen? Sorry, it's canon. The creator says so. Women can fall in love with each other so sorry to break it to you.

Being bored by it is not a good enough reason to dislike something made to be entertaining?