Unpopular opinions thread

OG star wars was better then empire

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J0mUVY9fLlw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Prequel Trilogy era is better than the Original Trilogy era

Kill yourself

The original trilogy wasn't much better than the prequels, return of the jedi was dogshit.

Faggot in range

I can agree. Anh and rots were the best star wars films

Posting a Sup Forums image doesn't make your thread Sup Forums related.

Thereve been like 5 starwars cartoons mate

Yeah, and OP is discussing the movies.

Quit being such a faggot and fuck off

The prequels are basically a cartoon right?

I hate most of Star Wars fanbase.
>Dude, jedi have precognition and insane reflexes, of course their fighting should look like badly choreographed dancing!
>Dude, you just don't understand. Here Mace Windu used the ki-ku-mduku lightsaber form, which absolutely requires twirling like an idiot!
>Dude, light side is forbids emotion, fun and marriage!
>Dude, clones lmao

Despite all it's flaws I still kind of can appreciate the Plantom Menace, because it felt like an adventure film, but in the Attack of the Clones Lucas did the most damage to the franchise, and the fanbase ate it up.

I guess I liked PM, Obiwan, Qui-gon, Darth Maul.
I think the clone wars series humanized all the clones too much. It takes away from the fact that the Kaminoans played god and twisted human independence and freewill through genetic manipulation and mental conditioning to make a slave army. The Republic a supposed bastion of democracy and freedom acquiesced by looking the other way making their fall and the jedi's death by the clones somewhat deserved. The Kaminoan's get their comeuppance in Battlefront 2 when they try to rebel and get massacred by their own creations. Episode 2-3 and especially Battlefront 2 leaves the moral ambiguity of the clones there and that the Kaminoan's weren't able to erase all of their humanity and that they still feel guilt but ultimately follow the chancellor because of their conditioning. The animated cartoon uses the chip excuse because muh Jedi and Clones were best buddies and allows the clones to escape the moral dilemma and justify their decisions and instead go all sleeper cell and robotic to assassinate the jedi.

I guess I liked Qui-Gon too, because he acted like a human. Looking at you, Mace Windu. Not going to miss your robotic ass!

Quigon would have been a better teacher for Anakin

Not sure how "unpopular" this is but I'm gonna say it anyway.

Disney is doing a fantastic job at handling Star Wars.

I don't have xd but how is rebels?

I liked Dipper Pines and Star Butterfly's voice acting.

Better than EU.

Those are unpopular?

Pretty good. Not perfect but it handles itself well enough for being a prequel

It's alright, but it's no TCW.

I watch it for AP-5

TCW only really got good after s3

Jenny is a shit waifu.

I guess I'm not a kid anymore so I shouldn't complain about what makes kids happy and should be glad a new generation is getting into star wars
I didn't watch a lot of TCW, but they turned Dooku into a Saturday morning Saruman and Grievous is a bigger punk then in episode 3. I kind of miss Eliot Rodger Anakin because I grew up watching the prequels but understand why people like TCW Anakin better I guess I could justify that Anakin is schizophrenic or has capacity for good/noble and being a total shit nozzel.

>Dude, jedi have precognition and insane reflexes, of course their fighting should look like badly choreographed dancing!
>Dude, you just don't understand. Here Mace Windu used the ki-ku-mduku lightsaber form, which absolutely requires twirling like an idiot!
I love how you ignore the badly choreographed fights with flipping and twirling in the OT

>Dude, light side is forbids emotion, fun and marriage!
It doesn't.

The Jedi Order(a specific religion) forbids attachment(in the Buddhist sense). They don't forbid emotions or fun, they just teach you to keep your emotions under control and teach you to not become too attached to any one particular thing.

You're an idiot.

Prequel defense force has arrived

There's no defence here. Maybe try watching a movie without checking your smartphone every 1 minute next time, my 00s son.

>I love how you ignore the badly choreographed fights with flipping and twirling in the OT
Like what, for example?

Ask me how I know you're a millenial.

kek

It's called paying attention to the films and doing a little research.

Like this

Let's see how it compares to the prequels, shall we.
youtube.com/watch?v=J0mUVY9fLlw

Nice response. You sure showed me that you weren't underage at all.

>uses a a video made as a joke as evidence

The only joke here is the choreography.

Or this

I used to think Luke was a whiny bitch but he had to live on one the shittiest planets in the galaxy. Toil under 2 suns harvesting water and shrooms, fix farm equipment, barter with double dealing treacherous rats, hide from the murderous native cousins of the sandrats and in the end his uncle and aunt are murdered because Leia involved him and Ben because she couldn't keep her shit together.
Anakin on the other hand was a slave doing something he loved in the relative protection of Mos Espa. Watto isn't even that cruel for a master. Anakin and his gambling whore mother could have been enslaved directly under a Hutt which would have been way worse. Anakin gets to train as a jedi and be powerful but was too stupid to get Qui gon to free his mother she wouldn't be on Courusant but she also wouldn't be a slave anymore. He eventually feels guilty about leaving his mother on Tatioone as a slave but she's killed by Sand people. Eventually Anakin spazes and chokes his hot pregnant wife out because he thinks his best friend and mentor who's always been supportive of him and has shown no signs of getting with Padme was sleeping with her. Anakin is the worst and deserved to lose all of his limbs and get burned in lava.

Or this.

The choreography there is objectively the best in the franchise. Stop falling for the memes just because you have no idea how sword fighting works.

Or even this

I was rewatching PT recently, and I was amazed by how great Anakin's slave life has been. It's downright great!
Except for this one part, where he apparently had a bomb in his skull that would blow up if he tried to escape.
It's mentioned exactly once in an offhand comment, and never brought up again. We never see it removed.

>The choreography there is objectively the best in the franchise
Oh, thank you, now I know I'm being baited.

>I don't agree with statement, therefore it's bait
Stay in denial, pal.

I guess Watto must have deactivated it. When Luke burns Vader would that shit explode?

I assume they would remove it at least back on that city planet. Roosevelt kept that bullet in his chest until he died, but he had a reason for it - there is no excuse to keep a bomb in your skull, when you have a super advanced medicine.
That can't save a pregnant woman.

Palpatine could have assassinated the entire Jedi council when they met Anakin if he paid Watto to give the device to him.

Maybe Watto was just shitting him

Kubo and Shota Jack getting fucked by Suicide Jack when?