Secret Empire

Hype?

Other urls found in this thread:

newsarama.com/33925-marvel-to-reward-secret-empire-readers-if-they-buy-it-from-a-comic-store.html
youtube.com/watch?v=5Ixmig9bOcM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm looking forward to seeing Thor kicking ass again, after being cucked so hard in Unworthy thor.

Not really,

>Vision/Wanda

neat

>Yu
His art has been fucking lazy recently.

>Wanda
Nah
>YU
Maybe if he doesn't phone it in, which he always does for event books.

bigger version

>wanda/vision
nice
>Thor with a hammer
Better not fucking lie to me again

>le epin MCU characters

What hammer? That's his axe.

user, you might want to get your eyes checked.

Not buying anything Nick Spencer is selling

I would be hyped if it was unexpected characters.

is it Busiek's Avengers reference?

newsarama.com/33925-marvel-to-reward-secret-empire-readers-if-they-buy-it-from-a-comic-store.html

If you buy Secret Empire, you get 2,000 points for Marvel Insiders stuff!

...this REEKS of desperate

>pymtron on suicide watch

Oh wow, I'll be that much closer to getting a credit card with Spider-man on it. Or maybe even a smartphone cover.

I'm just glad that Wanda is prominent in a major story again.

Everything will be her fault.

Who will they be fighting? This is quite a powerful team.

>Wanda, Vision, Thor
Miles, Viv, and Kamala
:^)

How many issues is Secret Empire supposed to be?

>more event covers with MCU characters

If this cover amounts to anything, this will be the first time Wanda has had a major role in a big event since AvX in 2012. It could be the first time Vision has ever had a major role in an event.

Are you forgetting Axis?

I really had forgotten Axis happened, and then you reminded me. I am not grateful for this.

>Yu
More like no thank yu.

Guy could make me buy a comic a few years ago, but he's really learned to phone it in.

>Thor
Is this further evidence that "Bob" is The Sentry?

>Main Avengers characters
>REEEEEEEEE MCU synergy

this

Hey, Nick.

Bob = Sentry is the Secret Empire equivalent of Fake Clark Kent = Superboy-Prime. Bob is probably just going to turn out to be Baron Mordo.

Spencer said Vision was gonna have a big part in SE.

Pymtron returning is a good get.

>main
Okay where is Pym, Wasp and hulk?

You're assuming that Nick isn't turning Odinson into Nazi-verse Thor to solidify Jane as the One True Thor...

I've never even HEARD of such a rewards program... I assume it's not even MyNintendo tier then?

So many thors,

Jane thor, Odison, beta ray, new ultimate thor, generations alt thor.

For a good long time the Hulk wasn't a member of the Avengers after he quit

9 parts right? I enjoyed secret wars.

I might as well for this.

Still i womder what the statous quo is post secret empire?

no.fuck this shit, fuck this thread, and FUCK YOU

When's Carol.

Betting a new costume and relaunch.

But he was one of the founders and yes i know he left by issue #2

Hulk is dead. Pym is part of ultron.

Wasp is running around.

I think Annihilation 2: Chitari Bugaloo starring Carol Danvers is issue 3

what is suppose to create the hype? Thor, scarlet witch and vision? It´s like an average avenger cover

I think some of the SE covers are subconsciously just saying "look, here are the characters you remember posing vaguely like you think they should be posing."

Secret Empire 5 is the same thing, it's a bog-standard cover that just says "hey, here are some characters you like."

>Hulk
>main Avenger
Haha, no. Hulk being considered a "main Avenger" is MCU synergy.

That cover shows that Hulk is going back though.

These are some really uninspiring covers, but they may be redeemed if they actually depict events that happen inside the book, unlike a certain other event comic.

I'm fuckin' hype for this shit event to be over so I can hopefully read some comics that are good.

Comics will never be good.

Weren't there rumors that AVX was supposed to end with Wanda and Hope empowering the Avengers to fight the Phoenix? Turning them into the HeX-Men?

Thing back in his old trunks.

Yeah, it appeared on some notes from Brevoort's office that he published on his old Formspring.

I'm not sure if "Wanda might die in the process" meant they were considering killing her, or saying the hex might kill her, or both.

Whole event was such a mess I bet Cheung didn't know what was going to happen when he drew the covers. Especially since he's not a fast artist.

Reed was gonna die in sw.

Yeah, Marvel Editorial wanted Hickman to kill off the Fantastic Four as part of the event and Hickman refused, saying he'd rather quit than be "the man that killed the F4." Writing Sue, Reed and the Future Foundation out of the universe was the compromise.

what happened?

Tom brevoort sure loves his deconstruction and deaths.

Avengers Disassembled saved his career at Marvel and he's been going to that well ever since.

>thor says not muh hammer
>some other guy picks it up
>becomes War Thor

Can I get a sauce?

like he came back resurrected by the hand a couple of months ago?

BIG ONE

Fill me in, who's Bob? Missed out on the last couple issues of CA:SR

From an interview talking about the final issue of Secret Wars:
>"That was a conversation in the room. Something that was absolutely talked about was should [the Fantastic Four] die? I had absolutely zero interest in telling that story. Because it runs completely contrary to everything that I feel about that franchise and everything that I feel about those characters." - Jonathan Hickman

Mark Brooks usually makes some stellar covers. I guess they just had to keep it all secretive and they forced him to make 3 covers for each month.

Zemo's secret weapon. The one person that wasn't turned back to normal at the end of Pleasant Hill and as a result is still stuck in his Kobik'd form.

Oh yeah I think I remember something along those lines.

OK Steve is fucked.

>implying Steve won't just bust out the big guns

Yeah it's a villian though.

Steve has a ridiculously huge army of supervillains which includes Graviton and Baron Mordo

If he can get Pymtron on his side he'll be fine

well...Miles is going to kill him in Secret Empire.

>Marvel Event
>Hype

That won't happen. Either Steve will avoid it altogether, or the events leading up to it will happen, but right at the last moment Miles decides not to kill Steve because he made a promise to never let that vision come true.

Lets remember that Cap has at his disposal:
-An alien chitauri army
-Seven Rogue nuclear Warheads
-The entire control of Hydra
-The entire control of S.H.I.E.L.D
-An army of angry villains commanded by Zemo
-Bruce Banner´s corpse ( which , of course , he is going to weaponize)

So , no , Steve is not fucked in the slightest

Pymtron is on another cover though

At least My Nintendo has stuff you'd actually want.

I swear what was even the point of Voodoo purifying the Hand-resurrected Hulk corpse if they're just bringing him back again?

> Forgetting that Wanda and Vision are the Avengers queen & king of jobbing

I find this absolutely insulting, like, why are the Europeans so far ahead of us, progress-wise?

When the fuck is Black Cat, Tigra, or Hellcat gonna pass on their mantle to a young, teenage boy?

>greatest trick the devil ever pulled

user, that's gonna play right into his Capkakau

>forgetting about Quasar who was just established to be nine fucking times more powerful than Monica, thor, blue marvel, Carol, and Hyperion combined

>nu-thor that get´s to play little bitch to sjw w-thor

no interest. they either make him the official thor again and get ride of all the feminist crap or I just want bother with it

After years of Avengers books filled with new recruits and replacement heroes, this could be more like "the classic Avengers are back".

The real Thor has been kept apart from the Avengers for about 2 or 3 years now. Thor taking a big role in an event could be a big deal.

As for Wanda and Vision, outside of them getting solo books, which are both over now, they are two characters where "MCU synergy" hasn't really happened, Marvel has avoided pushing them very much, in part because Wanda is caught up in the X-Men movie rights issue with Fox, and in part because not many people within Marvel seem to like them, let alone like them being together.

If they have a big role here, that's a significant development, even more so it it's them being in the same place at the same time.

Tentatively hyped.

What are the odds on the Cosmic Cube being used to separate Pym and Ultron?

That seems possible, but it seems like Ultron should meatpuppet stronger.

BTS video, all that awesome shading & rendering was in MARKER!
youtube.com/watch?v=5Ixmig9bOcM

Meh, I don't even know how many dozen books I'm supposed to read to have a clue what's happening in it.