How much is Sony paying him?

How much is Sony paying him?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PuUQCpCpsk4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

they wrote a cheque and left it blank

He has a 10% comission on all future sales

i can't wait for kojimas new game to be trash so that this guy and mad mikkelson can look at this project in shame, trying to pretend it never happened like ellen page and william dafoe do with that other shit game Beyond 2 Souls

"ahwno. who the hell cares."

lol gl with that. guy never made a bad game in 35 years

Kojima has gotten to a point where his fanbase loves him so much they don't care what he does as long as he does anything they'll hail it as a masterpiece. Death stranding could be a 45 minute nonsensical CGI short with a single dialogue option at the end before cutting to black and the game would be a massive success.

tech demos

mgsv was bad. kojima only makes games to hang out with celebrities now

sounds better than any movie of past decade honestly

Normal Redass is not a star. He was in Boondoggle Santas and The Waking Dread. He also hosts a motorcycle cooking show.

He is practically paying Kojima to make him relevant and a part of something with true artistic merit.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

>video gaming is a serious medi-

>can't take a lynch-tier joke
back to got general

NORMAN REEDUS FEEDS A FETUS

so you're saying its the other way around and its not kojima just using big name actors in order to get to hang out with them?

yes and mads has gay yellow fewer

this is going to be shit isn't it?

That wasn't Kojimas fault. Konami interfered in its production and wanted a rushed release. Kojima departed from Konami because of this

in his thrussy?

pretty sure he was taking too long to do nothing that improved the game.

kinojima

>Normal Redass
>Boondoggle Santas
>The Waking Dread.
Why hello there Reddit.

kojima is a hack and konami was right to fire him

Hey, it's a literal 12 year old.

Kojima has been making nothing but fucking turds since MGS3 and even that was already on the downward slope. He got FIRED from Konami because MGSV was a joke, he pissed away all of the budget on bullshit and was left with a 1/4 of game, all of which is awful. He used to make good games, but all the attention and devotion from mongoloids like you turned him into a hack, he has spent the last years surrounded by Yes Men who let his autism go wild instead of keeping it in check like before. He fucking turned not Big Boss into a silent charcter after watching Mad Max, just a bunch of recorded dialogue down the sink on a fucking whim. The retard put fucking credits on the intro to every single fucking mission in his shit game, he's completely lost it, 100% high on his own methane. MGSV is the most disappointing game ever made.

t. former massive MGS fan

Only Redditors come to Sup Forums and continually call things Reddit. Please leave.

t. reddit

>The retard put fucking credits on the intro to every single fucking mission in his shit game

this was the most retarded thing and pretty much the moment that i knew kojima was a hack

t. reddit

What is this? Is it actually Sup Forums related, or a literal Sup Forumsideo game? I don't engage in video games because video games are amongst the lowest forms of art.

MGSV being bad is a meme.
the game only falls short when it comes to world design everything else about it was top notch

Want this (You) that badly? What would your parents think if they knew you turned out to be such a whore?

How sad it must be to be this guy.
A redneck face, graying beard, and a very very tryhard emo/metal-core haircut, with dyed hair.
Every single picture of him looks like a photoshop.

>I don't engage in video games because video games are amongst the lowest forms of art.
But ludic storytelling has potential though, the problem is that there's not enough focus there.

>Oh herro, can I get Mistu Jonny Deppu?

uh no you stupid gook, you're shit and everything you stand for is shit. you're a four eyed hack who's family should have been in Hiroshima in the 40s

>oh uh tank you velly mooch can I get some bigga dicku Amellican stah at least into my shitty gamu?

ok yeah the fag from Walking Dead is free since no one wants to cast him except a fishhead nip like you

>domo origato mista loboto

It's not a video game, it's a movie starring Mads Mikkelsen and Norman Reedus that has a retail price of 60 dollars

youtu.be/PuUQCpCpsk4

kojima becoming the sole head writer for the series when fukushima left after 3 completely exposed him

based

too long didnt read lol

you've obviously never played a bad game in your entire life

he apparently played mgs v desu

from the looks of his appearance at TGA's, nothing, he just lives off Kojima's cum while Kojima does movie trivia with Del Taco.
Honestly though, he legit looks like a nice down to earth guy.

This implies that all higher forms of art are good, art is merely a categorical term, not something that alludes to quality

IT'S

A

FUCKING

DREAM SEQUENCE

FUUUUUUUUCK HE'S ASLEEP BEFORE THAT AND ASLEEP AFTER.

GOD DAMN THE WHOLE TRAILER WAS VERY DREAMLIKE
>wake up, immediately thrust into an inexplicable situation of danger
>stranger knows your name
>narrowly avoid some gruesome fate
>giant eldritch terror
>see yourself asleep
>wake up

I have dreams like that all the time

>not picking the cream of the crop from every form of media to enrich your mind as much as possible

It's not a dream, the game has been confirmed to take place in a surreal setting.
Hints so far have been leading to parallel scenarios/dimension hoping stuff

Seriously how do you fuck up something like MGS

Helloooo reddit

By not having a co-writer anymore and not being reigned in by anyone. Massive ego too.

>tfw you will never be able to con multiple companies into funding your extravagant vanity projects

Become a meme

KINO

ghost babel is the best metal gear

>these edibles aint shi-

It may not have lived up to the hype but it is still far above 90% of the crap that western devs shit out.

Anyone else who remembers Reeds from Blade II as Spud. He was great in it.

The problem is that people have no idea how ludic storytelling works and just try to do the shit they know, which is audiovisual storytelling. Which basically means they make a movie and intersplice it with sequences of interactivity, rather than let the interactive elements tell the story. Games should emancipate themselves from the idea that they should try to imitate movies and try to come to themselves.

I couldn't even finish watching the full trailer. It's exactly the same shit western devs shit out. Probably worse? Why are people even interested in this again?

>That wasn't Kojimas fault. Konami interfered in its production and wanted a rushed release
He was working on it for 5 fucking years then had enough time to kill to start Silent Hills. Konami isn't greatb but this whole "they completely ruined it" is horseshit

I'd say Kojima's at least trying to do this. You learn a lot about the characters and setting by playing the game and finding weird easter eggs and interactions, like when you call your contact when you're in a woman's restroom.

Deus Ex (the original) had a lot of good shit like that too.

the idea that games can only legitimize themselves if they ape as much as possible from film is such a joke, it really shows how underdeveloped of a medium it is

>MGS3
>ZOE 2
>MGS4
>PW
>MGSV
He lost his edge after MGS2.

Buckle up, video games will try their hardest to imitate film for the next couple decades before realizing that’s retarded and instead try to redefine gameplay.

That's the fucking best, though.

Well, it's really normal for new media. Early film was basically just theater with a fixed camera. That wasn't just because they thought theater was "higher" art than film, but also because people didn't really know better.

Eh, I'm a big MGS fan, but I don't think so. His games certainly have nice touches, but they don't really push for better interactive narrativity. The story is mostly delivered through cut scenes and codec calls that are really, really fucking fun.

I'd say a better candidate is something like Dark Souls, where the story is revealed through mechanics and discovery. Sif having a similar moveset to Artorias is great interactive storytelling, or something like discovering Darkstalker Kaath wouldn't be feasible in a film or even a book.

Nah, it's more organic than that. Some do, some don't. Just don't play shitty AAA games.

>couldn't finish the trailer
>game was bad
Haters in a nutshell.

>wake up, immediately thrust into an inexplicable situation of danger
He woke up after car crash, they transporting bodies. That is MC job.
Are you even on ruse train?

>His games certainly have nice touches, but they don't really push for better interactive narrativity.
Well, I don't necessarily agree as I feel the characters are fleshed out through some of the interactions between the gameplay itself and the codec. I feel like we learn a lot about the sort of relationship Medic and Jack had in MGS3 whenever he would call her up after capturing different types of food, for example.

However, I feel your overall point with Dark Souls as an example is stronger than anything Kojima's done on that front, so I don't disagree with that. I do wish "art games" would lean more toward that model and less toward the weirdo David Cage model of just trying to be movies.

Game?

probably not that much

just using his likeness and doing vo

>I feel like we learn a lot about the sort of relationship Medic and Jack had in MGS3 whenever he would call her up after capturing different types of food, for example.
Well, yes, but that is not really all that interactive. A codec call is just that, a recorded conversation. The trigger to that is interactive, I agree, but it isn't really mechanically incentivised.

I mean, I agree that it is something that is not possible in other media, and I like it, but it's a bit superficial.

Also, when I said in that previous post "really really fucking fun", I meant "fucking long", though they are also really fun of course.

I guess I'm curious since this thread has a 50/50 shot of dying out due to vidya discussion, but are there any other games you can think of as positive examples toward using gameplay as a narrative tool?

I think my favourite would be Majora's Mask, where the key mechanic and the main narrative are basically the same. The stuff Team Ico puts out is also really good at that. I suppose I could also mention Spec Ops: The Line. It isn't really a good game, but it does use the properties of the medium well to tell its story, so there is that.

If you are interested in this kind of stuff, I can recommend you the youtube channel or Mark Brown called Gamemaker's Toolkit. It is not entirely about narrative in games, it is mostly about game mechanics and design, but it also has some good videos about narrative, I think.

Sure man, I'll check that out sometime. Thanks for your perspective on the subject and your recommendations.

the joking asides and little comedic conversations are fun but not really a great example in this case. the only one that really stands out as using gameplay and codec together to enhance the storytelling in my opinion is the option conversation you can have with rose after raiden kills a guard for the first time.

he is throwing up the black juice mud sperm when he wakes up
it's not a dream
it's real

the credits thing was a fuck you to konami for removing his name from everything else you stupid fucks

>mgsv was bad
punished venom snake is the best thing ever in his universe

>still doubting kojima

He has one of the best track records in the industry.

>inb4 contrarian opinions

I don't give a fuck about your shitty opinions, every MGS is a legendary feat in the medium.

Way too much as he's a mediocre actor who has only been in 1 good movie in a significant part. Then again they handed a blank check to a guy who has made 2 good games and a ton of shit ones.

More like one of the best HACK records in the industry amirite bros?

>I enrich my mind with video games
HAHAHAHAHA

Just your mandatory reminder that Hideo Kojima is a massive pussy and hypocrite who got so butthurt when someone he worked with on MGS2 called him a hack in an interview that he hired an army of lawyers to issue takedown notices and tried to get them blacklisted.

Kojima have the midas touch, faggot.

Death Stranding will be a masterpiece. Maybe not as much of masterpiece as NieR Automata, yet still a masterpiece in its own right.

What is contrarian about disliking MGS4 and V?

Kojima is great, but he needs the right team around him to keep him in check. Idolizing him the way you do right now only inflates his ego, and rockstar attitudes amongst game devs only results in John Romeros.

>whore
As long as that user is paying the bills.

Who the Hell cares.

I dowloaded mgsv free on ps+, i watched the random weird i tro shit and crawled through the hospital. Then I was on a horse and was about to do cool shit, got to mission checkpoint.

Stealth game, then I rwmwmbered I fucking hate stealth games and turned it off.

>no one want to cast him
More like he refuse, roles.

Y'know how Gimple and Kirkman often tease they have the television series planned for 20+ seasons, well, Norman Reedus believe himself to be Daryl Dixon it'll continue with him. Hell, even Andy thought about killing off Rick Grimes to deviate from the comics because they are at a point where Rick "isn't needed and anybody can become the new leader".

Yeah, idolatry can lead to a person's hubris.

Aside from Kojima getting actors to play the characters, I do want the game to be good if not decent. Although, I have my doubts because that are what actors are, actors. Take them out of their enviroment and they don't mesh well into another medium.

What was that game Ellen Page and William DaFoe was in? Beyond? Or, some name of that sort? Death Stranding can turn out to be like that.

No matter how big name you are, you eventually lose that touch.

Did that little fucker just bite his thumb at me?

Lil' cunt is dead.

Bad acting is not what will make a game a bad game. Game design is the deciding factor. The worrysome thing is that Death Stranding is so far focusing on those actors and barely anything else to promote itself.

I still can't believe none of these celebs have actually looked into mgs4/5s plot.

ZOE2 is 10 times better than the original, you tasteless nigger.
8/8 made me reply

Konami are the worst jews in Japan but Kojima burned 5 years and 80 millions and that this was still unfinished.
>muh creativity
the first thing to do when you start a project is setting a deadline

He also mandated mgs2 have a literal translation after being told mgs1's translation "ruined the story". The translator for 2 thought the game had the worst writing she had read and refused to work on another.

>talking shit about mgs3
>muh postmodern story of 2! 3 is j-just dumb spy fiction

take it easy mercucio

norman reedus keeps saying hes a genuis yet doesnt know what the game is about

somebody explain, did he play mgsV

>that absolute shit taste
Good bait