How would Kingdom Come work as an animated movie?

How would Kingdom Come work as an animated movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DadH3KjHZws
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

poorly. I would see it right away though.

A shitty one, yes.

Probably would have a lot more forced edginess. The giant battle becomes a 20 minute fight.

it better be a straight adaption no director vision bullshit and while id love some hand painted alex ross movement i guess something like killing joke wouldnt be that bad :(

it's a bad story so probably not very good

I don't really see the point. Nothing would be added by having it animated, in fact, it would be diminished by having an easier-to-animate artstyle and having to be pared down to under two hours.

Have any of these DC Animated movies improved upon the source material?

Ross' art is 90% of why people like it, and re-creating that in animation isnt remotely feasible.

Under the Red Hood

Not improved, but TDKR was a pretty good companion to the book and TKJ at least in theory should have just been a way to have Hammil read all the Joker's lines out loud.

Flashpoint Paradox

by drawing approximately 24 drawings of what you want to happen per second and then layering sound on top.

poorly. at least in the animation sense, I don't want to think how would they butcher the story. Some stories are tied to the visuals and artists and I'd be dead if I have to see something inspired by Ross with that horrible DC animated movies style.

wouldnt work as an animated movie at all. would be cool as a live action movie split into 2 parts. pic related would be a nice superman

It would only work by making the original instead

>make Harley the main character
I just wrote the rough draft for the movie

this style could work
youtube.com/watch?v=DadH3KjHZws

They'd definitely ruin it. Knock down most of the story to make it a perfect 90 minute movie. Even if it was two parts, they'd fuck with it somehow. They'll waste their budget hiring has-been actors to play all of the old/aging parts. All of the neat little background details from the comic will be streamlined to simplicity. The diner scenes would be dull cause DC animation art direction doesn't like to focus on happy, fun things unless its TTG related.
And they wouldn't bother wasting time trying to animate even half of the characters that would require a lot of focus in motion.
>Flash
>Beast Boy/Menagerie
>Plastic Man being pulled by a mob of metahumans (really tiny part they wouldn't even include)
>Red Tornado as a humanoid whirlwind
>Nuculoid
>Matrix
>Lightning with her gazillion bolt back barbs
>most of the background characters

I think this is a case where the story already fits the medium great.

Like kingdom come would be diminished if it wasn't done with Alex Ross's paints. And the way the story is told itself lends itself much more to the words with pictures snapshots in the comic than it does with moving pictures.

They'd cheap out on the animation, crank up the violence, and if you were lucky, and I mean LUCKY, the flashback sequence explaining how the joker died would attempt to be classy watercolours as an hommage to Ross.

Also, Batman would get a shit ton more screen time and all subtlety would be removed.

>that fucking scene where flash sees between dimensions and fucking pulls the preacher away from the specter

It would probably be bad like all those direct to dvd animated things

Which also wouldn't be a downgrade from the quality of original KC

it wouldn't. Killing Joke have shown that some comic stories just dont translate well to animation, because part of their original appeal was not just the story, but the art as well.

ESPECIALLY Kingdom Come. Kingdom Come is defined by Alex Ross' realistic super detailed style. It's part of what makes it so special.

Can you imagine how bland and awful the art for an animated adaptation would be?

How would you even begin to adapt that style to animation?

You literally can't, and so like Killing Joke, the result would be guaranteed to disappoint.

Not to mention the way the story is told. There's a lot of narration, since it's basically told from whatsisname's perspective.

and that structure wouldnt translate well to a movie so they'd change it, which, like in TDKR, would result in some awkward incorporation of narration bits into dialogue

if it had a nice light/dark contrast might work. Fleischer' Superman cartoons were fantastic, but I doubt in this era of using fucking flash and digital colouring for everything anyone would commit to doing something as good and complex.

They literally couldn't do anything of worth. Hell, I'd get pissed just seeing their attempt at the "By a single bolt of lightning" scene.