Captain Hydra

Why is he so great?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MiEwmiPSmto
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I wish he stayed that way forever. I love this Captain.

I give him 2 years before he be back in a new clone body

Watch it's going to be a faction of Hydra still royal to Skull

Eh, he'll get better.

Nobody stays dead in comics except Uncle Ben

Wow that's a twisted callback
How about this compromise, Kobik splits the real Steve Rodgers from her fake creation and then the MU can have both. Probably eventually have the two try to outstratigize one another

>two Caps trying to out-keikaku eachother
youtu.be/MiEwmiPSmto

I don't really like that idea, for me personally most of the charm of Hydra Cap is that everyone is completely unaware of his true allegiance, the living definition of a hero is secretly plotting to take over the world. Love that image of him playing chess with statues of other characters. The unfortunate fact is that he has to unveil his keikaku eventually, he can't quietly plot forever. And without his true nature hidden, he's pretty much just another generic villain.

Honestly, that's what I hate about him; he's just a generic villain wearing Captain America's face. Like I get that the point of the story is to show just what kind of man Steve could have been if not for growing up as he had, but there's no counterbalance existing in the story to make it bearable. He's essentially everything that he's ever fought against becoming a fascist who in all honesty is no better than Red Skull himself with how he just views everyone around him as pawns to use for Hydra victory. The whole thing is just a year dragging it out to pull the MU into another event. What makes it worse is, the only real way to fix him is with Kobik so it doesn't even really serve to show Steve's own heroic resolve that makes him such a great hero and leader to begin with. I'll just be glad when the story is over

But the more he plots the more his plan fall apart

You can only plan for so much because before you decided to call the whole thing off because you have to much planning to do.

Not muh Cap.

I admit i'm probably a pleb or the like, but I cant help but feel insulted by him being a facist in the 100th anniversary of the guy who created him to punch Hitler. Corrupting a god tier qoute like only grinds my gears further.

user you're supposed to feel ambivalent about the use of that quote.

The corruption of Marvel's moral center is the whole point of Secret Empire.

Wait isn't Spider-man Marvel's moral centre?

Wait a minute, his skin is red too?

Well he was corrupted in OMD. So you know if you want to make the meta-narrative that once he was corrupted it started the downward slide for the Marvel Universe you could.

IT WAS ALL A DREAM

the real reason is Spencer is a good writer

Because he has a goal that he's sticking with got that charisma and honestly seems like a nice guy to be around you fuck up with him i bet you might not get killed terribly

I don't think even the writers keep track of that anymore. He keeps burning through new bodies so fast, it's honestly not even worth mentioning whether or not he's wearing a mask, or if he's just gross looking.

But on that note, do writers even remember his "dust of death" gimmick? I can't even remember the last time I've seen it.

So how many times has Shmidt "died"? Gotta be more then Jean

75th anniversary but I definitely gottta agree. They basically chose the year of Cap's 75th anniversary to turn him into the very kind of monster that he fights which feel more like spitting in the face of the character rather than honoring them. Hell Marvel did the same thing a few years back by ending Spider-Man's 50th anniversary by having Doc Ock take over his body and drag his reputation through the mud. what the fuck Marvel?

SALT&PEPPA AND HEAVY D UP IN THE LIMOUSINE

Name the last time that Hydra Cap actually was legitimately kind and it wasn't just an act for his mater plan. Hard mode Zemo doesn't count. Hydra Steve is a dick

he killed that gorilla pretty fast that's a mercy killing

So, given comic writers are completely creatively bankrupt, this ends with Skull surviving and turning against Hydra to help the heroes beat Steve, right?

Isn't Red Skull supposed to have all of professor X's psychic powers

>give one example of X
>Hard mode: don't use this example
Eat a dick.
Also, Bucky.

He got lobotomized last Uncanny Avengers

Steve planned for them to be removed so he could do this

It'd be SIXIS all over again with White Skull.

It was a WII clone that had a normal colored body until he went Red Onslaught

That's a point, can't Wanda & Doom can just invert Cap? It's only a spell.

It's not a spell, it's reality overwriting.

HYPERCRISIS

If the only example of kindness you can think of is a brainwashed action, it's not a genuine act of kindness

He felt genuine respect for Jack Flag, Helped that waitress whose purse was stolen even thought he had nothing to gain from it, attempted to recruit Bucky into Hydra's cause instead of just killing him, etc.

I wish Inverted Tony was around to enjoy all this Nazi Steve fun.

No, the one that will end betraying Steve is Zemo

They won't otherwise we would have gotten Superior Ironman and Ironman and Carnage-Man and Carnage.

Money's on a minority character unveiling Steve and putting the boot to him

Hydra Cap being a dick is also a brain washed thing.

I think the guy was referring that jack kirby would have been 100 this year if he hadn't died

The 0 issue is him going public with his Captain Hydra self. that's basically what this event is about
I've always said Captain Hydra is a dick. I don't consider him and Captain America to be the same person, this Steve Rodgers is just a fake Kobik dreamed up

I love this costume. Cap blue.