Comfy Prequel appreciation thread

Currently chilling watching phantom menace. What about you bros?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oKm4ueVuxpY
youtube.com/watch?v=4yU44Xk5fFI
youtube.com/watch?v=J0mUVY9fLlw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The CIS did nothing wrong

I'm glad I grew up with these rather then the new shit they are making now

>the CIS did nothing wrong
They allowed Nute Gunray to be in a leadership position.

Watched the original trilogy over the past week and I've got to say Revenge Of The Sith trumps Jedi

Watched Episode II yesterday and episode I the day before. Plan to watch Episode III and Rogue One today and the rest of the movies during the week. Phantom Menace gets better every time I watched it. Attack of the Clones has its moments but it's pace Its fucked up, especially during the Anakin/Padme shit. Episode III is by far the best and has the most rewatcability of all. It's a shame all these fucking manchildren with their pathetic wining made Lucas sold the franchise. Episode 7 sucks and who knows what we're gonna get in episode 8. Rogue One was good though, so there's a dim light of hope.

>muh fencing

I'm never going to understand how nu-Star Wars and 4-6fags argue against the fight scenes in the prequels.

For fucks sake if I'm watching future space samurai wizards with clairvoyance fight with swords made of light pic related is what it SHOULD look like.

Really wish I could find a better look webm of this scene though.

The armys of the Techno Union arrives

Yes, it takes an absurd level of skeptical detatchment to say "This is shit. I don't like this." Any 8 year-old would love that. And then they post the RotS scene of the spinning lightsabers as if to prove the point.

There's middle-ground, and there's certainly room for slow, percolating ESB-style fights, but the PT fights don't take away from that ; they only add to it.

this is an 18+ website

This.

They're the most interesting films in the franchise after Empire with how they built the universe for the viewers.

How old are you user?

Post your age, IQ and favourite movie.

Revenge of the Sith

>Be born in 1989
>Am still a child when the prequels are released, therefore grow up with them

Engage your brain next time you rat cunt

Then why are you here?

Duel of Fates is GOAT

This

well done, it's all geopolitical
youtube.com/watch?v=oKm4ueVuxpY

What star wars tv show should I watch? Is their anything on Netflix? If not I'll just stream it. I know a while back I watched one and I remember the first episode was about smuggling or something? I don't remember.

Also ROTS>Attack of the clones> PM>episode 7

And you dont consider youself one of these manchildren?

People who grew up with prequels are like 30, bud. Nice try but you're doing it wrong. Lurk more before posting again faggot.

All you need to do to show the prequels superiority is to post this scene:
youtube.com/watch?v=4yU44Xk5fFI

There is literally nothing in 4, 5, 6, 7 and I'm sure soon 8 that can ever come close the mood this filming, this music and this atmosphere created for this scene.

Alright im just gonna say it outright. The prequels are better than the OT. Yes it has some cringe dialogue but so did the OT. The storylines are far more interesting, the characters are much more fleshed out and their motivations make more sense. Its also a lot more creative and overall just more fun to watch. And revenge of the sith is honestly one of the most epic films of the last 20 years, youd have to be a buffoon to deny it.

Everyones thinkin it, im just sayin it.

maybe if you were already in your teens in which case that is extremely pathetic. Star Wars is for kids.

I'd pay alot of money to see your top 5 movies kiddo.

how much money? want my paypal?

A new hopes still my favourite, but ROTS is definitely one of the best

And yet here you are in star wars thread on Sup Forums. A grown man like you. Why is that user?

1. Citizen Kane
2. Drive
3. BvS
4. TWBB
5. No Country

I completely agree with you. George can't write character dialogue to save his life, but that didn't CHANGE from OT to PT. It was ultra-cringe in OT too.

In PT the combat looked more like what you'd expect from these space-paladin-wizards, the music is probably John Williams' finest work, the filming is spot on with some truly iconic scenes and the characters motivations are clear to the younger audience while complex enough for the older.

The focus on politics fleshed out the universe, and built more than PT did in their entire span.

this can't be real

this

The only prequel I legitimately have a hard time watching is ep. II. Just a little too much cheesey effects and dialogue. Padme literally eats a CGI fruit. Like what in the fuck?

it's not I was just being a jerk sorry

The prequels easily had the best aesthetic. Coruscant had a truly inspired use of art deco in its design, but made more futuristic.

mods

Can we at least all agree Padme > Leia?

>he probably doesn't know about the anti-cheese fan cut versions of the prequel movies

Fucking topkek user

>not wanting to stick your dick in Leia's cinnamon-bun-hair holes

I was 20 when I saw the (then) 6 movies. I didn't grow up with the original trilogy nor the prequels. So I am not one of those who were wining about ruining their childhood and shit. Disney movies lack originality because they try toο much to satisfy this audience where Lucas just did his own thing. But in the end they are just children's movies, who cares?

I didn't say I wouldn't, but if I got the choice I'd pick prime-Padme over prime-Leia.

Shouldve been more steampunk desu

I also have a 'hard time' watching EPII, so to speak I'm talking about my erection, i get a boner watching the movie is what I'm implying

Leave this place and never come back faggot

Attack of the Clones

Not memeing btw.

>steampunk
Eew no. But in Star Wars? Even worse. It'd have just made Star Wars into 'magical space pirates.'

for some reason ep I feels the most like the old star wars movies. don't know if it's the camera work, less/other use of CGI or whatever.
TFA could pass as some generic sci fi action movie.

Literally the most homosexual opinion ITT.

Dat tummy

Hey, don't disparage the gays like that, we'd never use or recommend steampunk. That's some crap.

Looking forward to seeing you nerds rage ten years from now when generations even younger than yours talk about how nuwars was severely underrated and how they consider them their favorites.

>implying /fa/gs aren't gay

I was under the understanding that most of /fa/ was gay?

Pre-Cocaine Leia>Padme>Post-Cocaine Leia

They don't know what they are. They just try to be as edgy as possible--hence their propensity towards things that make you look impoverished and homeless.

they are the snowflake kinda gay. They are only gay cause it's trendy

Well, post-cocaine Leia is a corpse so... That's a given.

There are currently 9 Star Wars threads in here right now...

Why are you not sageing the Disney shills Sup Forums?

Because we need 8 containment threads for the lessers.

EP1 Padme > EP2 Padme > EP3 Padme = EP4 Leia > Jyn Erso = EP5 Leia > EP6 Leia >---POWER GAP---> Rey

Episode 1 and 3 arnt even bad, 2 is though

E1 Padme was willing-to-go-to-jail-for-tier.

prime padme

Dooku was the true hero in the PT
He just wanted to make a better government
And even wanted to save Obi Wan Kenobi and wanted to refound the Jedi order

But Sheev decided to kill him

Those eyes just scream EVIAN.

What character would Drumpf be in the PT?

that osama bin laden guy?

Are you incapable of discussing anything without injecting politics into it

jesus christ

EP3 Padme > EP2 Padme > EP4 Leia = EP5 Leia > Jyn > Ep 6 Leia > Shaak Ti > Ep3 Obi Wan > ----POWER GAP---> George Lucas > Dentures with an average British lady attatched

you just KNOW

Obi Wan

>Currently chilling watching phantom menace
how fucking sad and pathetic you are?

The PT was geopolitical af. Those little aliens in the trade federation even spoke in chinese accents. Sorry to trigger you nazi.

The Star Wars

How fucking contrarianism do you faggots have to be to think Phantom Menace is better than the originals? Imagine living life like this. Imagine actually being like this.

>im a r*ddit pleb
Cool

Imagine being so small that you get annoyed online about someone relaxing and watching a movie they enjoy on the weekend

*contrarian

there's literally like 10,000 movies better than that piece of shit. or shit wars in general.

I'm always having a comfy time watching TPW, I get bored here and there but the good eventually makes it worth the time. Then I start watching AotC only to drop it after 15 minutes. Sometimes I bother watching RotS but it just ends up making me angry when it's over.

the prequels are geopolitical, the original trilogy is just a straightforward kids tale

OTfags come out of the woodworks to defend their kid's tale.

Sick tattoo bro

I refuse to believe this isn't a temp.

i have literally watched ZERO seconds of that cartoon, jose.

yes

I would cut of my left nut if I got to empty my right one in her ass.

yeah, so? Why are you so angry ahah

That is a very shapely backstory.

i'm angry because pathetic cucks like yourself have an access to internet

>tfw too dumb to understand the geopolitical nuances of the PT

Is that why you got the tattoo?

Jesus he actually calls people cucks as well

youtube.com/watch?v=J0mUVY9fLlw

This is the most r*ddit thing ive ever seen