If you could bring any filmaker back from the dead, who would you choose?

If you could bring any filmaker back from the dead, who would you choose?

Kubrick or Welles

George A Romero

Fuck these are both great choices, between them and Peckinpah imo.

Maya Deren

Hitchcock

Trying to imagine a Kubrick film in 2017 is just weird. Makes me sad that he died before we could get at least one more great film from him.

Obviously OP-related. 2nd choice would be John Ford, 'cause we need more top-tier westerns

>Makes me sad that he died before we could get at least one more great film from him.
If he made that film, you'd still feel the same way

Tarkovsky

If you brought Kubrick back he would be assassinated as soon as he could be identified

Kubrick

What are Kubrickian films I should watch to get over the death of the maestro Stanley Kubrick? I'm still grieving for his death ya know.

Watch Fincher, Glazer, Noe, Dominick, Refn.

leni riefenstahl, to make an epic film about trump of the will... stanley jewbrick would be fine too

Tarkovsky just so I could see him rage at how shit the film industry has become.

Probably Kubrick

Good second choice.

Cassavettes

James Cameron

George Lucas

has anyone else eventually gotten tired of other movies so much that they just watch Kubrick films on rotation?

nothing else does it for me anymore

Lol as if Based Leni would like that fat retard murican

Satoshi Kon, mainly because of the way he died. Terrifying how a man can be cut down in his prime like that.

>died right before the eve of digital colouring

maybe it was for the best

probably Hitler

George Lucas

T A R K O V S K Y

or possibly Kubrick for no other reason than to see the fucking Napoleon movie he wanted to make.

Leone. I feel like his movies were steadily getting better and better. Would have liked to see his ww2 movie.

George Lucas

>nobody has said Kurosawa yet
Americucks out

KEK

Peckinpah
Ford
Kurosawa
Hawks

Especially Hawks since nobody in Hollywood can determine a well written script anymore.

Walt Disney

he's the best we got

I want to bring back young jean luc godard I'm convinced he'd start another new wave with all of the new technology we have, also it would be hilarious reading his critiques on modern cinema. he's really just too old these days.

>died before the 3D fad, capeshit, Star Wars, the SJW movement, and Hollywood destroying itself
>lived long enough for the internet to be invented
Do you guys think he went on the internet? What websites would he go to?

He'd hate what his company turned into.

bump

One of the few men able to make non shit tier anime

Didn't he get cancer from smoking?

>or possibly Kubrick for no other reason than to see the fucking Napoleon movie he wanted to make.
Why has no one ever tried to make the film themselves? There's a screenplay and all.

Spielberg is supposed to be making a tv miniseries based on the script. I would want to see what his version of AI would have been like.

This. His reaction to current state of affairs would be priceless and the reaction of the suits pushing all that shit when Walt would put a stop to it even more so.

Wes Craven

Edward Yang

He would have a kino youtube channel though

>Kubrick having a YouTube channel
He would probably hate YouTube.