Spider Universe Thread Pt. 4

Prior threads here.
Picking up with the final component of the Spider-Epic, Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 3. Starting with the first issue and continuing till the end of Clone Conspiracy.

Heading home meow. Give me 20-30 to make the walk. See you kool kats soon

One page in and already I want to punch Peter in his smug face.

Sad that Chelsea Cain ruined Bobbi good luck ever getting a decent discussion reeeeeeeeeee

First issue wasn't so bad, subsequent issues nosedived immediately

I hope Slott's fat ass has a heart attack soon so we can finally get a different writer for ASM.

does slott just have yellow fever?

Like your way of thinking. Slott used to be good. He really did. He managed to write in a way that was both quickly paced and loaded with content. Every issue felt filled to the brim with great stories and characterizations, then I feel like he devolved into a writer that only writes flanderized versions of spidey's entire realm of characters

Shouldn't this be volume 4?
Pre-Stracz was vol2, then renumbering to 500 happened and stayed that way, then post-Superior was vol 3.

Peter Parker is my favorite comic book character and it kills me that I can't read him because his book is so shit.
The only time I remember enjoying Slott's ASM was during the Gauntlet (which was mostly enjoying the other writers on that) and a few parts of Spider Island.

I liked the idea of superior spider-man, mainly because it's so rare to see writers do shit that bold but lord was it disappointing.

>The only time I remember enjoying Slott's ASM was during the Gauntlet
THat was a time to be a comic book reader. Never before have I seen a hero be put through such a ringer in such a short amount of time. The
Rhino, Lizard, and Grimm Hunt stories were phenomenal in their own ways. And to top it off that era of Spidey concluded with the story Origin of the Species. Definitely a high point in Spidey's history.

ASM 617 is one of my all time favorite single issues, ever.

>I'd just like one in the win column

I typically pirate shit because I can't stand to clutter up my house with books, but if Marvel put out a Gauntlet omni instead of spread across like 4-5 trades I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

DUN DUN DUN!!!!
>In reality I want Ock to either die or become an adaptation of Alfred Molina's Ock a la Spider-Man 2

#616 & #625 are heartbreakingly amazing. Anytime someone says Spider-Man stories are juvenille, I show them that Peter Parker/Spider-Man: A Death in the Family (easily my favorite Spider-Man story of all time).

I'm glad oct gets rid of sajani hated her

does everyone have claws

Did we just skip over the issues inbetween Spider-Verse and Secret Wars? I'm a bit confuse.

man i still say miles should just have been hobies kid in 616

That would have been really really neat

Peter sounds like a child rather than a jokey/snarky

And the recruitment drive is underway.

After reading #625 recently, this page has so much more weight to it

Neat to see Zodiac be the main villain, although I do miss the previous Zodiac I saw in Dark Reign