Why do the discworld adaptations suck?

Why do the discworld adaptations suck?

IMPLYING

The cartoon movies are based and the three computer games were decades ahead of their time like the Blade Runner game

Because the books themselves suck.

Vidyakino.

The Hogfather is a good christmas film.

>cheap, BBC/SKY family entertainment mould
>bad direction
>mostly shit casting, including an awful Death, and David Jason fucking up Albert almost as bad as he did Rincewind
Susan a cute is pretty much all it has going for it.

I like the aesthetic and message at the end. It's probably the best of the adaptations.

I do hate David Jason though.

And this is mostly why all the British TV adaptations have failed.

tinker tailor soldier spy

The games are great OP. The tv shows are a different story.

i liked it, it was a cute kids movie

They didn't know how to cast

>an awful Death
how dare you

the riddles in that game sucked total balls. Visually nice and they nailed the humor but the game itself is major suck. You constantly have to try shit and the solutions are often far out, no fun. A pity really.

It's in my Christmas rotation and I like it a lot but it's not a great adaption. In a lot of places I only knew what was going on and how it related to larger themes because I've read the book, when someone who hasn't read any of them watches it it's very confusing. The whole murder-via-toothfairy is hard to follow for someone who doesn't know the way Pratchett's mind works.

The REAL question is when are we going to get an adaptation of The Cosmere?

Man, that series had such a dogshit ending.

We're more popular than Cheeses.

Yeah it’s the weakest of the Cosmere books imo. Stormlight Archive is amazing though, and the sequel series to Mistborn is pretty fun

Source material sucks even worse.