Ryan Gosling's character is nice, relatable...

>Ryan Gosling's character is nice, relatable, committed to doing anything he can to fixing the relationship and trying to stay together
>Michelle Williams' character is absolutely incapable of explaining herself and seems to have no good reason for being so cold to him

Am I just taking his side because he's male, or was there something wrong with her?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/H8rumyup0Os
youtu.be/dCnWrlEb5XI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Goose is an inherently more sympathetic actor/person than Michelle Williams. He has a softness and warmth to him where you just kind of want to give him a big hug. It's why i think he comes of as odd or strange when playing a villain/hardman. That probably contributes to your thoughts on the movie but i do think you are right in what you are saying as well.

No she was just a woman.

He had a head full of shit about what she wanted him to be, he did not get women

She fell in love with him because he was a charming guy who played the uke for her, basically the type of guy that girls have in mind when they put "I love Adventures :)" in their dating profile. But when reality settled in and she learned he was an ambitious-less quasi-drunk who just wanted to have a work a menial, go-nowhere job she lost interest, as women are wont to do. Also, he was raising her kid from another man (who was a total chad, btw), and women have an instinctual disdain for men who do that.

BV's a killer movie, one of those flicks that stuck in my mind and pops up from time to time out of nowhere.

The other guy was stupid and I wish he got beat up.

Good ol' Goose

they were both cunts.

Agreed

Greed

Gosling's character was flawed too, that's why it's such a good movie

How so?

Keep in mind that there are women out there who don’t want kids. See: We Need To Talk About Kevin. In BV, the girl ended up with a life she never wanted, and a man who was able to check all the boxes within that undesired life. So she figures she’s stuck there and she’s depressed as shit.

Why didn't she just get an abortion?

Yo what's up. I'm the music doctor.

She wanted more out of life, he wanted to continue being a house painter because he got to drink early in the morning. Both were at fault for not realizing sooner that they weren't a good match for each other.
If you don't plan on doing something with your life, don't be surprised when a woman dumps your ass. Takes more than being a cuck that is willing to raise another mans kid.

It's a very honest movie about the nature of love. She fell in love with an artist who happily decided he could be just a family man and be happy with it. When they fell in love, he was young, musical and, she probably thought, a free spirit. He stayed those things, but became someone she didn't recognize and a reflection of her own failed sense of self. Both characters are sympathetic, both are very believable, and it's one of the few 'mainstream' movies I've seen that takes an honest, penetrating assessment on what it means to fall in and out of love. What's that word you faggots use? Kino? It's that.

No you faggot, you are a meme-tier romantic. Some relationships don't work and should be left to die. The "work to fix it" notion is plain stupid.
M.William's character should have been more honest with herself and have the ties cut sooner.
Ryan Faggot's character should have seen it doesn't work and move on

>she learned he was an ambitious-less quasi-drunk who just wanted to have a work a menial, go-nowhere job she lost interest
God damn this film is so punishing, it made me completely re-evaluate my priorities in life. I watched it with my gf and it made me so terrified for our future. I'm chasing a career in music right now and if that fails I'm perfectly happy to settle down as a family man with a menial job. But what if, more than anything, she wants to be with someone who strives to be exceptional? What if being the perfect husband and father isn't enough for her?

It's terrifying how little value is placed on fatherhood anymore. So much is said in praise of motherhood (especially when there are more single mothers than single fathers), but who really gives a shit if a man is there for his children?

>he was a charming guy who played the uke for her, basically the type of guy that girls have in mind when they put "I love Adventures :)" in their dating profile. But when reality settled in and she learned he was an ambitious-less quasi-drunk who just wanted to have a work a menial, go-nowhere job she lost interest
She could have predicted it. A carefree ukulele player isn't going to turn into ambitious cutthroat over-achiever just because he grows 10 years older. Stupid thot whores

lacked ambition, temper, alcoholism

great song too youtu.be/H8rumyup0Os

god damn even just hearing this makes me feel on edge. How can one film be so devastating?

Best end credits ever, especially with that song

youtu.be/dCnWrlEb5XI

>Ryan Faggot
Wow what a clever nickname.

Wow.

A true fatherhood is being a role model as well, not a failed cuck who dropped out of his "dreams" at the first sight of pussy.

Goose's character didn't even have dreams in the movie and he clearly stated that in the dinner scene.

Goose's character is a troubadour burnout and hopeless romantic, and while that shit works wonders on chicks who are still college aged, when they get older and hope to have a career their interest in anyone who isn't a provider dies out pretty quickly.

Anyone notice that Michelle Williams wears the EXACT SAME jacket she has in Manchester by the Sea? Do you think she owns that jacket?