What does Sup Forums think of Spawn? Both comic and design wise

What does Sup Forums think of Spawn? Both comic and design wise.

I really like his design but I'm kind of biased i guess because i love designs like Venom and carnage too.

The characters are well designed, i very much enjoy the art

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VC86IGdaWok
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>because i love designs like Venom
When asked, Todd MacFarlane has stated that his favorite superhero designs to draw are Venom (who, incidentally, he created) and Batman.

I'll let you put two and two together on that one.

Ghost Rider/Venom

Should be on more cartoons & videogames

I always liked the world that Spawn is based in. I thought the kind of futility of his attempts to be some kind of force of good despite being a creation of evil was nice. It just never went anywhere meaningful. Ran out of gas real fast.

Well hes certainly a 90s character. Does he still have a series going? Last thing I heard related to the character is that his movie is still in development hell

Wow i had no idea he designed Venom too. I gotta look up his designs now

Agreed, but Spawn might be a little too, idk mature or grim for lack of a better term, for cartoons

Todd, at least in the 90's, was a 10/10 character designer. In pure visuals Spawn fucking rules

The actual comic can become really slow paced and honestly boring where early on Spawn spends a lot of time in his hobo alley moping about being dead and his wife getting remarried

The Spawn series is still ongoing to this day. Afaik it has never gone on any long-term hiatus either.

Then how come no one talks about it?

People just lost interest I guess. They did kind of a soft reboot a few years ago that got some attention.

New Invader Zim teaser.
youtube.com/watch?v=VC86IGdaWok

With the Hey Arnold movie, Rocko's modern life movie and this, I think all of this is a build up to the Nicktoons movie.
Nicktoons thread)?

OH SHIT I FUCKT UP

Let us discuss how bizarre a Spawn Nicktoon would have been.

Design wise he's one of my favorites.
Writing wise his book was a mess. His story has a lot of good characters and plot points but they aren't always presented as well as they could be, or even in the proper order.
over all, 7/10 superhero.

Great design but that's about it.

I never really followed Spawn, but the concept and designs were always really cool.

>Agreed, but Spawn might be a little too, idk mature or grim for lack of a better term, for cartoons
The Spawn cartoon was actually pretty dope. It worked really well.

Love the art