D A R K

Opinyons. I think it was p. gud.

Was really good but way too many loose ends and unexplained shit

It was great, tbqh it was better than Stranger Things.

nothing more boring than a retarded german show about how evil nuclear power is and somehow it abducts people into the past or future or whatever, who knows. I skipped through all the episodes super fast.

We know you did

regina best girl

SPOILER ALERT:
nothing ever actually happens and there are no monsters.

I just saved you 10 hours

>No monsters=Bad

Get a load of this retard

Pretty disappointing and formulaic. Sup Forums hyped it to be so much more than what it actually is.

anyone got webm of Franziska in a leotard? Got wood seeing that

young Hannah best

It was pretty good. The future scene was kinda shit though

i'm only on ep 3. desu it's so fucking slow and boring that i'm going 4-5 days inbetween episodes. i'm not sure if i'm even gonna finish it unless ep4 gets good.

I'm learning German so it was useful to have something worth watching for once but I'm on episode 4 and so far it's pretty fucking dull.

As a Kraut I seriously wonder why we can't just make a single piece of media that doesn't have political propaganda in it.

>Hurr nuclear energy evil,scary and bad :(((
>Hurr womyn stronk. Old ladies and teen girls running around in the future post apocalypse with guns that don't exist in germany.
>Hurr Villain is a vicar. Christianity bad :(((

Also the whole thing felt way too stretched out and boring at times.

Das war Deutschen kino Brudi

Well it's probably the whitest Netflix original on there despite being set in Germany so there is at least that.

>Hurr Villain is a vicar. Christianity bad
Noah isn't Christian though, just dresses as one, since he figures it's a look that won't look out of place in any time period. He pretty much stated he wants to be God.

>there are no monsters.
why would you even think that lmao

this is german kino not amitrash

you have 100% autism

So Noah and his companion are kidnapping children for experiments to build the first time machine, but they are doing it by traveling through time? This was the moment i dropped the show...

You obviously didn't pay attention then. They're travelling through time using the wormhole beneath the town, but that only covers a 66 year period at 3 specific times. They want to harness its energy to be able to travel to any time.

Turned it off after seeing the horribly racist white on white heterosexual love scene in the first episode. I thought Netflix was against racism, where's the black guy?

For me, it's Charlotte

nein, es ist nicht kino, meine fraulin

I guess. At least they didn't force any refugee or ebil nazis shit as they do in our other propaganda shows.

>He pretty much stated he wants to be God.
When? Pretty sure he only said he wants to reset time or some shit.

It comes with being German.

>but that only covers a 66 year period at 3 specific times
thats wrong, you can travel all you want but only 33 years per jump

>Sup Forums hyped it

Some german shills are not Sup Forums

I agree. Went full Michael Bay right there. I hope they don't change the tone too much in the second season.

any screenshots of auntie?

Definitely started slow. Picked up four or five episodes in.

cute

Is this actually any good? The beginning with the guy hanging himself and spewing bullshit kind of turned me off.

Looked better with the glasses desu

Its alright. The whole season could be done in like 5-6 episodes. 10 is way too much so expect some seriously slow boring bullshit here and there.

People were saying it's the German Stranger Things but I disagree. It doesn't bank on 80s nostalgia as much. I would say it's more like Lost.

i hope so. it has potential

desu its lost + true detective + every other european crime drama

>It doesn't bank on 80s nostalgia as much
It doesn't at all really. If anything it shows the reality of growing up in a small village, and feeling like you can't escape.

It's worth watching just for the Lucy Cat cameo.

Weil Deutschland seit Jahren nix anderes tut, außer den Ami-Schwanz zu nuckeln.

It basically proves that all women cheat. There's no point in dating.

but ulrich cheated

If anything it proved that most men cheated rather than the other way round

The woman at the beginning was having an affair.

Top 3 or 4 show of the year for me. Doesn’t reach the heights of Twin Peaks or The Leftovers, but it’s fantastic regardless. Terrific actors (even the kids), plus a really captivating story which unravels with a good pace. The twists - some of which are even predictable - were still executed well. The framing and color grading were excellent as well. The show felt unique even if the individual elements weren’t (small town, missing kid, time travel, etc.).

Hanna? Her husband was dead. Ulrich's wife wasn't. Not sure when the affair started but it's clearly shown that Hanna is batshit insane anyway so she's not really comparable to the average women.

Ulrich was. Michael was already dead by then, so she was just fucking a married man. Though Hannah is still a massive bitch.

>subtitles

no thank you

You can watch the dub but ultimately that just shows how much of a pleb you are.

>having to read

not with this proud amerimut, my friend

does that happen in epsiode 1?

>Hanna is batshit insane anyway so she's not really comparable to the average women.

I watched it over the weekend, was pretty good! Had to watch one EP in English and that was complete shit, completely changed the atmosphere. I am German, so no biggie, but if you dont speak it at least use subs.

Yes. Everyone cheats. Why do people pretend that monogamy is a thing anymore?

As a german native speaker this was extremely cringy to me. The dialogues and the acting were an absolute joke and I couldn't bring myself to watch more than two episodes.

I guess there is a reason why so many foreign films seem highly overrated. Since people don't really understand the language they don't get how cheap and silly everything is. Maybe the localization even manages to correct subtle oddities here and there. But probably it's mostly the human brain who fills in blanks with what it would like to see.

Give me a quick rundown

fair warning this show is not suited for faceblind autists.

ensemble cast with 77 characters and the series doesnt hesitate to show you new faces untill the very last episode

I stopped watching after 2 episodes. Gimmicky, over-used tropes everywhere. Lots of annoying pseudo-spooky music and effects to make up for the mediocre film-making.
This is just derivative of so much bad American TV

> The dialogues and the acting were an absolute joke

> Since people don't really understand the language they don't get how cheap and silly everything is. Maybe the localization even manages to correct subtle oddities here and there. But probably it's mostly the human brain who fills in blanks with what it would like to see.

Can you cite specific instances for our edification?

the old watchmaker says one wormhole connects three points in time

just marathoned the first episode
it was a little confusing, but kinda interesting
and yes... it reminded me a lot of stranger things
i'm gonna keep watching tho

ps: i wanna fuck franziska

She gets her tits out in episode 10 so have fun with that.

No, this is German trash trying to be Ameritrash. Even worse.

It's hard to tell you any specific scenes, because it's like an ongoing thing through out the movie. But for example the scene where the cute red head found the drugs and asks for money from the other kids and what followed felt extremely strange to me.
Also the scene at the end where the police dude finds the dead kid and messes with the crime seen and finds out, that it's not his son.

It's just a general notion of people talking in a strange way and behaving not like real people. Probably in addition to very odd situations if not all out plot holes and generally bad writing. I think this is extremely common in german movies in general. I probably couldn't even mention more than five good german movies to you.

LIES!

yes past present and future
its all relative though since the wormhole doesnt dissappear and you can keep going through it over and over again.

>what followed felt extremely strange to me.
thats because you are an autist.

>It's just a general notion of people talking in a strange way and behaving not like real people
the 'tism

No its not relative spacewise because Jonas goes from 2019 to 1986 multiple times. It connects 3 points in times in the same space.

>despite being set in Germany
wut

>don't exist in Germany

It's 33 years in the future

>wut

Holy shit it's worse than i realised. For the most part they do try and hide it but i always noticed the girl was taller than him but thought it may be awkward camera angles.

What was in the post you replied to and why was it deleted? If only I could travel back in time..

>Jonas goes from 2019 to 1986 multiple times

yes and ppl from 86 go to 53

there are 3 paths in behind the sigil.

the one you come from is present, left is 33 years prior and right is 33 years later.

ulrich went left twice and and traveled from 2019 to 1953

Yeah if you want to strip it down to just plot. Tv and film are about more than just plot. Stories are about characters. You're not just following the plot of Noah and company trying to alter time. You're watching the way the wormhole affects the lives of an entire thrown across 66 years. That's what elevates the show.

>there are no monsters.
Why are amerisharts so retarded and obese?

It's set in small-town Germany, not a big city. Also "despite being set in Germany" kind of implies that the US is whiter which it certainly isn't.

> went left twice

No he didn't. He went one way and ended up it 1953. The show makes it quite clear that the worm hole connects those three time periods. You're just making shit up to explain the ending.

That Jonas (the main kid from 2019) is a turbomanlet.

meant for

She does, she also has a great ass

Sorry, just had a deja vu.

>Not leaving yourself a note in a place you know you'll find it, to go mine bitcoin when it all starts

She's my 2019 waifu too

>ulrich went left twice and and traveled from 2019 to 1953
No he didn't, he was never in 1986

>The show makes it quite clear
it doesnt really.

tell me how old jonas came back in time though if the portal doesnt extend into the future beyond 2019

i wouldve fucked young Hannah so hard if i was that guy, shit...
She was begging for it, and it would be completely legal since he was still 17?

I thought your original comment was that the show wasn't authentically German. Almost as if it was written by non-Germans. Did I misunderstand?

He had a broken version of that machine. So he must have recovered it after his future self used it before. Unless the current cycle is different from the one before, young Jonas must find the old used machine in the tunnels. How he ends up back in 2019 is anyones guess. How'd you pass through from 1986 to 2052? How does that old Claudia know how to make the machine and seems to know pretty much everything, same for the priest dude? Maybe the time machine the priest was working on finally works. There is a lot left unexplained.

Yeah why wasn't that explained? Also what the fuck are they waiting for when that worm hole shows up? They can travel back or forward in time whenever they want, why is the wormhole so important for Noah?

At the end, how didnt the main character not realize he was just doing everything the same way? why didnt he let himself out, or tell himself to not touch the kid?

Young Hannah was 14 m8.

DAAD

He wanted everything to happen the way it was supposed to from what he remembered. Changing anything might have set him off course.

>why didnt he let himself out, or tell himself to not touch the kid?

apparently he is convinced of noahs plan

Ok, nmv. It was in episode 9, not 10.

Yeah you misunderstood, but you are still right. The show seemed to target the north american audience and the movie doesn't feel like it's actually taking place in germany, but that's not my problem with it. The problem is that it doesn't feel real enough to me, more like a cheesy soap opera.

Good but don't make the mistake I did make sure you watch the subbed version not the dub.

Because this is one season of a multi season show