So let me get this straight

>Ben Affleck will play Batman only once after Justice League
>That film will be Flashpoint
>Flashpoint will change the DCEU so that there's a new Batman played by ??? (probably either John Ham or Jake Maguire)
>Flashpoint will be released in 2020
>The Batman film starring a new Batman directed by Reeves will be released after Flashpoint

So, we won't get a new Batman film before 2021 or 2022? WTF?

>implying it will even be made

Batman should've been the first movie in the DCEU.

Or longer

Fuck no, people were getting burnt out after three consecutive Nolman movies. They needed to do a Superman movie.

At this point I wouldn't count on anything other than Aquaman (which is already in post-production), Wonder Woman 2 and Shazam actually seeing the light of day. To the DCEU it really depends on how well these upcoming movies perform

It's being blown out of proportion.

Basically, Cavill, Gadot and Affleck have all signed up for 3 film deals in starring roles with WB in the DCEU. Cavill's deal started with the filming of BvS, with the MoS role being perceived as an open ended one off. Gadot and Affleck started in BvS too.

Gadot has signed on for an additional film - Wonder Women 2 - but is still obligated for one more, which was originally JL2. Affleck has 1 more left, assuming he doesn't sign an extension. Given his comments on Reeves film, he appears to be keen on it.

The real anomaly, and who these reports should be focusing on, is Cavill. Cavill said, in various interviews for JL, that he has 1 more role left. He didn't highlight an extension, and he specifically brought it up. For some reason all the reports are focusing on Affleck when Cavill is the one raising questions about where he sees the role in 3 years time.

So Cavill is gonna get Flashpointed too? That's a shame, I liked his Superman.

Dunno but it's silly to focus on one actor when the other two are on relatively short term contracts as well

Wonder Woman would have done just fine by itself. Hack Snyder and Joe Sweden were a mistake.

True. I think it's just that the contract thing ended up getting mixed up with the whole "sad Affleck" stuff and now people have the impression he wants out as soon as possible and can't stand being Batman anymore after all the shit the DCEU has been getting

>That film will be Flashpoint
uh, that's not how flashpoint works.

Yeah I guess so

>For some reason all the reports are focusing on Affleck
Because in January there was a series of close together talk show appearances which wildly contradicted in story which they only do when they're having to renegotiate, and at one point he said he was cold turkey on DC

More info on this Flashpoint? Whats the story?
Also will they teach the fast faggot how non queer people actual run?

they have no sure plan

they already failed and just spinning their wheels in a panic

Cavill's probably got one eye on what Daniel Craig plans to do in his career. He's desperate to be Bond.

>Flashpoint
explain

doesn't mean they will be cast or the movies will be made

pretty sure he could play both characters

Shit goes badly, Flash runs so fast he finds he can run back through time, he resets everything

Suicide Squad would count as Affleck's 3rd

Flash goes back in time to save his mom and change the entire modern history so people are different, Batman was the neatest one because he was actually Bruce's father as an older ultraviolent Batman in charge to avenge the death of his son and wife, while Superman was kept in by some government agency. Doubt they will do that by the way

Not exactly, Eon has been rather possessive over who plays bond. When pierce brosnan was slated to play him, the company that owned a show he starred in renewed for another season because of the hype. Eon chose not to deal because they didn't want their bond actor doing another famous role at the same time

>Joe Sweden

Jeffrey Dean Morgan Batman?

Could enjoy.

This whole universe is a mess. Can't they just start over with a new director and cast?

DCEU is good, they have challenging stories with adult themes and great screenwriting.
If you want the quips and the stupidity there's Marvel, DC is where adults are meant to be challenged

People get excited for Flashpoint because it reseted (most of) the DC Comics continuity, so it gives WB a chance to start over while saying "hey, don't be mad, this happened in the comics too!!"

He's been lobbying for the role since Flashpoint was announced, he wants to do it.

do you feel challenged when watching a super hero flick? i have some news for you user...

I would love to see JDM as the psychotic Batman. That also means Lauren Cohen as female Joker which would be sexy as fuck

there hasn't been a good super hero film since nolan wrapped up the dark knight rises outside of Logan, and Deadpool.
the latter isn't even a super hero film and is really just a comedy, and Logan really isn't your traditional superhero film either.
All other Marvel and DC films are generic "let's save the world!" plots without susbstance and depth.

Not a starring role. A Forbes article went in to it, it was a small cameo he did for a set income with a set filming schedule.

>one point he said he was cold turkey on DC
????

The whole Flashpoint timeline was set back at the end, more or less. If you're looking for excuses to change up everyone, it'll be more Infinite Crisis.

Dude I'm a DC fanboy for those reasons but the DCEU has been terrible. WW was the only decent one, MoS, BvS, and JL are all trash.

Snyder was the one wanting to fast track the solo Wonder Woman movie

>You will never experience the fully realised DCEU which links back in a number of ways to MoS/BvS which constantly has a number of nods to the future

Fellas...

screencap this: he will be replaced with Supergirl

>adults

lel

Flashpoint had lasting consequences from fucking with the timeline.

The most reddit comment on this board right now.

>WW was the only decent one, MoS, BvS, and JL are all trash.

::sigh::
It's going to happen.