Started watching invader zim again...

Started watching invader zim again, and after 15 years I fell stupid for just realizing how robotic the almighty tallest look.

Like, are they just pretending to be tall in those robotic suits and are really just as short as all the other invaders?

No, they really are that tall, some of their costuming is from alterations those that are deemed Tallest get. They're purposefully made to look like any other Irken. Their hands for example look different because once a Tallest is chosen, they have their thumbs removed to prove they can rule without them.

*Not look like any other Irken, fuck.

>they have their thumbs removed to prove they can rule without them
Sounds like a typical Vasquez idea...

I don't remember anything about this show other than hating the type of people who enjoyed it.

I remember liking it a lot for the two episodes i saw before it switched to a channel i didnt have

True enough. It attracted all of the "so random/gonna kill myself" goth kids. But hey, what fanbase isn't shit?

I remember one of them sounding like Pleakley from Lilo and Stitch.

>they have their thumbs removed to prove they can rule without them.

Well, they're supposed to at any rate; apparently these guys just have their thumbs folded up inside their gauntlets. Losing body parts is for suckers.

Invader Zim was a component of the hot topic emos along with Nightmare Before Christmas.

I've been wondering if the Irken society and it's focus on the size of their citizens was social commentary on real women's bizarre obsession with men's height.
A planet where manlets get the shittiest assignments possible.

I've already invested a hundred bucks in Hot Topic

No, it's a spoof on how most fictional races tend to have leaders that are larger than their commoners. The joke is that the irken leaders are chosen by their height and nothing else.

It's largely a ceremonial position anyway; the real day to day operations are handled by AI.

Both from the same page of wikia:

> Explaining the former, it was stated by the Invader Zim crew that when a Tallest is chosen, their thumbs are usually chopped off in order to prove that they can rule without them. As for the waists, it is possible that the seemingly impossible effect was achieved by an extreme form of corsets, which, while impossible to do with a human torso, is quite possible with that of an Irken, as the only organs in their midsection are their spine and their squeedly-spooch, a type of super-organ resembling a human stomach.

> It was revealed in an interview with Wally Wingert that there was going to be an episode where it was revealed that the Tallest weren't actually tall, but were smaller Irkens wearing robot suits to make them appear taller.

Personally I prefer first option, but second would be good basis to make Zim the tallest in the very end of the story.

Writers planned to show woman as tha tallest as well.

I love The Almighty Tallest, a comedy duo of two cynical people put into power for no real reason making it up as they go along.

It's a gag about the stupidity of hierarchy.

I don't know how old you are, but the short men thing didn't have nearly so much cultural currency in the 90's.

It was there, but there was one year where a million motherfuckers on Sup Forums started going on about short/tall/manlet whatever. I assume it has something to do with seeing it as a litmus test on online dating, which wasn't as common back then.

So it's one of those things where they show how stupid something is by leaving out any reason why it would even remotely resemble a good idea and basing it on something that clearly makes no sense at all?

That tends to happen a lot in satire, especially the merciless, scathing kind.

Yeah it's an edgy kids show by the guy who made Johnny the Homicidal Maniac, a comic best known for the frame where he accuses the world of having shit his pants, after he himself shat his own pants. It's not about deep criticism or teaching you anything about life, it's about making light of authority by showing them as incompetent, in a way that appeals to youth.

>What fanbase isn't shit?

Some are far worse than others, user. This is indisputable.

Daily reminder that the Control Brain is the real leader of the Irken Empire.

t. underage

>tfw we never got The Trial episode where Zim's PAK fucks up the Control Brains.